• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pinestead Reef

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Just got home from a wonderful stay at Pinestead Reef in MI. The weather was sunny and in the high 60's and 70's every day but our last day and it rained, since we were leaving I was good with that…

It's really a nice resort in TC

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I'd like to stay there sometime later in the summer when the water warms up. I'll keep my eyes open for it.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'd like to stay there sometime later in the summer when the water warms up. I'll keep my eyes open for it.

Truly that best time to go is in August, the water on Grand Traverse Bay has warmed up and the highs are usually always in the 80"then

I hope you find a week to rent there…

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons I joined RCI was Pinestead Reef. However only summer weeks I've seen were early June and even that's rare. Great beach!

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have relatives in Honor just outside of Frankfort and have been in the area many times. I stayed in Boyne at the Bluegreen resort last week in August. Weather and water just right.

I miss the salmon fishing, my cousin's health isn't good so he hasn't had his boat out for 3 years and has it for sale now.

I'll have to put in a request with DAE to see if I can get a week there.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One of the reasons I joined RCI was Pinestead Reef. However only summer weeks I've seen were early June and even that's rare. Great beach!

I kept hoping I could score a week but no summer weeks ever go into RCI, so I just broke down and spent the big bucks and bought one…

I hope you are able to visit, its truly a well run resort….

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Truly that best time to go is in August, the water on Grand Traverse Bay has warmed up and the highs are usually always in the 80"then

I hope you find a week to rent there…

Maybe I can entice you to trade for a week in Daytona, Orlando or Duboise one of these years.

rachel1998

Reaction score
I am going there next week, June 21st. I'm hoping it doesn't rain the entire time.
I just book 2 nights in mackinaw also. How far of a drive is it from the resort to Mackinaw

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am going there next week, June 21st. I'm hoping it doesn't rain the entire time.
I just book 2 nights in mackinaw also. How far of a drive is it from the resort to Mackinaw

Rachel, Did you purchase a week or are you just going there for the week?
I think its about a 2 hour drive….Have a great week in TC

rachel1998

Reaction score
It is an RCI exchange. I was shocked that I was able to get one in June. Last year we had an exchange there in May and it was a little chilly. I love the location.

Reaction score
Pinestead - original owner, over 30+ years - rent/sale

We bought two Cherry Festival weeks in July almost 40 years ago - a 2b/2b walk out to grass, next to the pool. Have always loved PR/TC. We also own week #5 which is gorgeous and serene in the winter plus offers access to all N MI has to offer. Great location.
PR started us on our journey of owning 12 weeks/yr - from MI, to FL, HHI SC, CO, more.
Sadly we are down to 3 weeks - just dont travel so much anymore.
We do rent out PR and Boyne Mountain (week #9 - at base of chair lift, peak ski season) and are considering selling both, given a halftime place in Florida through the winters.
Thanks for sharing your love of Pinestead and for sharing my info if anyone might be interested. Cheers!!

Gracey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Longboat Bay Club, Disney s Old Key West, Wyndham
If you are driving on 31 north to head into mackinaw here are a few restaurants
to try out

www.legsinn.com
www.damsiteinn.com
www.pondhill.com has a garden cafe that would be a good lunch stop.
Love dam site for dinner.
Legs inn is just a unique place with great polish food.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We just checked into the reef and had dinner tonight at the Red Ginger in downtown TC. Amazing food and I love being at the reef. I had to rent this week but it's worth it to me

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe I can entice you to trade for a week in Daytona, Orlando or Duboise one of these years.

John, after I used it for a few years to recoup some of the sting of the high price I paid for this week, I will be happy to rent it out to you...

Reaction score
Visited The Reef in July - Oh Joy

Once again very happy to see the great upkeep, talk to the wonderful staff, and reminisce with some of the owners about all the experiences had and memories shared over the years. What a joy to enjoy the Reef.
Cheers,

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just returned from 4 glorious days at the "Reef" I went up with my aunt and cousin and we had fabulous weather and a great time..

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have a week reserved for next June. Looking forward to it!

You are going to have such a great time… This is an amazing resort, right on Grand Traverse Bay….:whoopie:

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just purchased a flex week at the reef. I love going there. The weeks of ownership are flex and fixed. There are some flex weeks in June but they are few and difficult to get. If you really want a week there visit the web site and there is a list of weeks for sale. Some weeks are priced as free or very little. The summer weeks however can run in the 1,000's. One great advantage of flex time is that you can break up your week into multiple stays without any addition fees such as cleaning.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just purchased a flex week at the reef. I love going there. The weeks of ownership are flex and fixed. There are some flex weeks in June but they are few and difficult to get. If you really want a week there visit the web site and there is a list of weeks for sale. Some weeks are priced as free or very little. The summer weeks however can run in the 1,000's. One great advantage of flex time is that you can break up your week into multiple stays without any addition fees such as cleaning.
Congrats, Kozman on PR Flex ownership. We are from Farmington hills as well. If you ever want to trade into Boyne Mountain let me know I have always wanted to visit/stay at Pine stead Reef. AL

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Kozman on PR Flex ownership. We are from Farmington hills as well. If you ever want to trade into Boyne Mountain let me know I have always wanted to visit/stay at Pine stead Reef. AL
Hi Al,

Do you own outright at Boyne or do you have Bluegreen points. If the latter we might like to go to Hershey, PA or Savanna, GA or maybe even Shenandoah Crossing.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What week did you purchase?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Resurrecting an old thread, but...just matched to a 6/16-6/23 2019 2BR 10/4. Too early in the season for swimming in the water, but the air temps should hit the 70s most days by then.

This was via RCI, and only 25 TPU. IMO, that's a steal.

You should have a great time. This is a nice time to be in TC, as it’s warm and before all the craziness of the cherry festival