• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pinecrest Townhomes sold - net $2800 to each owner

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Lemonjuice Capital and Solutions announced that the Pinecrest Townhomes timeshare owners will receive an average of $2,800 per timeshare interest

Lemonjuice Capital and Solutions announces the sale of the Pinecrest Townhome timeshare resort located in Pigeon Forge, TN for $5.6 million. The buyer is an effective owner that focuses on vacation rentals for Veterans and their families.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
It’s a nice buyout, but I wonder what the balance sheet looks like for owners who held on until the bitter end. MF increases, maybe shoddy upkeep, difficulty exchanging towards the end. I’m not saying they had these issues, but we’ve owned a couple of distressed properties that have had issues. In the end the costs would have been more than the payout on this particular settlement if they’d have been closed and sold.

So long as it was an organized, expected closing like a sunset clause, things probably went as well as could be expected with owners enjoying usage up and until the resort closed. That would be a nice ending. Experience has taught me that’s not always, or even usually, the case.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Based on the article, it looks like the owners enjoyed usage until the end, and the infusion of capital halted the death spiral until the sale was executed.

I think this model works if the value of the underlying land remains strong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I dont believe anyone would consider the $2800 some sort of windfall, and would imagine this process took years of which those owners were still paying maintenance fees. Those who chose to exit early would have saved themselves those years of fees etc.

however as mentioned above, for those those who were still visiting the resort to utilize their ownership, this seemed like a fairly reasonable final result compared to some other alternatives for Timeshares ceasing operations!

garyk01

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairmont Hot Springs Resort Mountainside , Fairmont BC Canada, Indian Palms Intervals , Indio CA
I wonder how many owners paid an exit company thousands of dollars in the past year to get out of the timeshare?
I would like to know their buy in costs? This could be a great deal or a crappy one. Poor article the way its headlined. I had a simliar thing happen to myself. I owned at Terra Verda FL, paid $2000.00 to get into it , developer wanted it,was told we would make money so i sold . End result got got $117.00 back after fees and everything. would have been better off keeping it.

Larry M

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s a nice buyout, but I wonder what the balance sheet looks like for owners who held on until the bitter end. MF increases, maybe shoddy upkeep, difficulty exchanging towards the end. I’m not saying they had these issues, but we’ve owned a couple of distressed properties that have had issues. In the end the costs would have been more than the payout on this particular settlement if they’d have been closed and sold.

So long as it was an organized, expected closing like a sunset clause, things probably went as well as could be expected with owners enjoying usage up and until the resort closed. That would be a nice ending. Experience has taught me that’s not always, or even usually, the case.
Good question. I didn't mind getting more than $5K for my week at Edisto from LemonJuice, but when I looked at the accounting, it seemed like an awful lot had been charged against my unit for "refurbishment." $5K was way more than I paid for it, which softened the blow.

Quinte

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch
Hyatt Beach House
Hyatt Portfolio Points
Lemonjuice when life gives you lemons…

falcon

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Discovery Beach Resort

Resort on Cocoa Beach
I just did a write up this morning. After almost 3 years of litigation with BDO and the Ontariocourts, Carriage Hills and Ridge owners have been told we will receive just over $4500 per share. I see this as a huge win! Owners were paying people to take them a few short years ago. Just legally getting out of our ever increasing maintenance fees was a win. We paid no fees once the legal process started.

Ginnyb908

Reaction score

There was a sunset clause and our maintenance fees never went up. There was definitely a need for better upkeep, but I think they just held off on that due to the sunset clause.