• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PINE ACRES LODGE, Pacific Grove, 1BR--2 floating weeks--reserved for July 3 and July 10 weeks--either or both--FREE

jtui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Small resort, managed by owner-controlled (not corporate) board and dedicated long-term staff, is simple to reserve--even for peak summer weeks. (Pay ahead one to two years for best options, but usually I haven't found that necessary.)
--Easily rentable, either privately or through their owner-rental service, and bonus time is quite reasonable during high-priced seasons
--Maintenance fees paid in 2022 were $804 per 1 BR ("COTTAGE") week
--County taxes paid of approximately $45 or less per year (records not handy)
--Sunday to Sunday weeks
--Reserved for July 3-10 and July 10-17, 2022 (just pay me the $804 MF/usage for each week that you buy, and the 2022 reservation(s) are yours)
--Alternatively, if you prefer first usage/MF deferred to 2023, that's fine

Pine Acres Lodge is less than 1/2 mile from Sunset Drive, where you'll find spectacular coastal views and tidepools. Asilomar State Beach (sandy beach, great for walking, wave jumping, and swimming on a hot day) is about a mile away, with parking usually available along Sunset Drive. Plenty to do in Pacific Grove, Carmel, Monterey, etc. I'm happy to provide more info. Located in quiet residential area.

We've owned these two weeks for years, and have enjoyed many trips to the Monterey Peninsula. We're unexpectedly parenting a rescue pup, so won't be able to use this for the foreseeable future.

Buyer to pay all closing and transfer fees (resort does not charge a transfer fee.)

Last edited:

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am interested in one week.
Do you know $ amount to transfer?
Any difficulty in booking/securing summer week reservation?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I've had a fixed week (Week 24) at PAL since about 2007. Never stayed there but it has been a pretty good renter.

I attended language school at the Presidio of Monterey a few decades ago. The Monterey area is spectacular -- a bucket list place if there ever was one.

jtui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems like both weeks are already spoken for (will post update in the next 24 hours), by a friend of a current PAL owner...but just in case, I want to answer the questions that were asked:

Transfer Fees:
Can be kept well under $275, as the resort does not charge to transfer ownership. Monterey County recording fees will be minimal, as they depend in part on the purchase price (which would be $1). The only potentially material fee would be for a timeshare transfer company to complete and file all of the paperwork. In the past, I've used a longtime TUG favorite, LT Transfers, which currently (according to their website) charges $225 (plus recording fees/postage) to prepare and file the deed for recording. I'm open to using other transfer companies, if you'd prefer to do so. Self-preparation of the deed is also possible, but more work and perhaps less good for the buyer's peace of mind.

Summer week reservations: This is by far the easiest of my timeshares to reserve. My experience has been that to call PAL approximately a year ahead of my desired week and reserve. Occasionally I've prepaid so that I can reserve two years out, but that seems unnecessary other than for "Monterey Car Week and Concours" or perhaps for certain highly-coveted golf tournaments nearby. For a few years our only travel window (between summer school teaching and fall semester) coincided with "Car/Concours" week, so that was a bit more challenging, but still attainable.

A HUGE contrast with a certain OTHER (no longer owned) timeshare for which I had to set an alarm for 5 am California time on a precise day that's 365 days (or the closest Friday to that, etc) in advance, use speed typing on the website or wait on telephone hold--and then often NOT get what I wanted.

jtui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like both weeks at Pine Acres are taken.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
I attended language school at the Presidio of Monterey a few decades ago. The Monterey area is spectacular -- a bucket list place if there ever was one.

Hi Jim / @chapjim, I was employed as a civilian at the Presidio in the early 2000’s. I loved the Monterey area.