• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pictures of WM Moab resort

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
The WM Moab resort looks a lot different than it did last year at this time. The darker building in the southeast corner is a new hotel under construction and not part of the WM property.

Traffic in Moab is crazy busy. It was a 30-minute traffic jam driving the last few miles southbound on US-191 past Arches NP and into Moab at 5 p.m. on a Friday. The jam lasted until 9:30 p.m. How can Moab accommodate that many people? The southbound traffic jam had begun again by 10 a.m. I was able to make a left turn onto northbound US-191 only due to the kindness of a tractor trailer driver who stopped to allow me out.

The pictures are:

NW view
SW view
Resort entrance
Northbound traffic
Southbound traffic (jam) at 10 a.m.

NW view.jpgSW view.jpgEntrance.jpgNB traffic.jpgSB traffic.jpg

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Are they planning a stoplight in front of the WM location? Seems like it's so close to the interchange on the highway, that a light will be needed there.

Dave

Reaction score
Just a little trivia. When I started driving a semi in 2002, US-191 had another name: US-666. The name was allegedly due it being the 6th spur off US-66. But, Christians waged a petition for years to change it (before Facebook was even a thought), so in the early 2000s, it was renamed US-161.

TS

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Just a little trivia. When I started driving a semi in 2002, US-191 had another name: US-666. The name was allegedly due it being the 6th spur off US-66. But, Christians waged a petition for years to change it (before Facebook was even a thought), so in the early 2000s, it was renamed US-161.

TS

In times past, our cabin was on Devil Creek Road off the 666 spur. This was changed years ago after my father in law built William O Douglas his place in Goose Prairie. Now the spur is an unpaved culdesac address on Old River Road and thanks to another Federal Judge who had the cabin next to ours we have a well and drain field within 100 ft of the river.

Did WM announce an opening date ?

Bill

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
The WM Moab resort looks a lot different than it did last year at this time. The darker building in the southeast corner is a new hotel under construction and not part of the WM property.

Traffic in Moab is crazy busy. It was a 30-minute traffic jam driving the last few miles southbound on US-191 past Arches NP and into Moab at 5 p.m. on a Friday. The jam lasted until 9:30 p.m. How can Moab accommodate that many people? The southbound traffic jam had begun again by 10 a.m. I was able to make a left turn onto northbound US-191 only due to the kindness of a tractor trailer driver who stopped to allow me out.

The pictures are:

NW view
SW view
Resort entrance
Northbound traffic
Southbound traffic (jam) at 10 a.m.

View attachment 27412View attachment 27413View attachment 27414View attachment 27415View attachment 27416
I drove right past that today and didn't know what it was. No "coming soon" signs?. Thanks. And yes, traffic was nuts. We made it in Arches National Park early and when we left about 10:40, that had already closed it. I hope the expanding 191 will alleviate that.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope the expanding 191 will alleviate that.
It looks like it will make left turns even more difficult with having to cross two lanes of southbound traffic instead of one, plus possibly having to cross a left turn lane to reach the first northbound lane.

For weekends, the community note should read, "Avoid travel southbound into Moab between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m."

"Route

US-191 / Start Milepost: 126.11 - End Milepost: 128.203

Description

This U.S. 191 road widening and Storm Drain project extends from 400 North to the Colorado River Bridge. It will reconstruct the existing roadway to accommodate five lanes of traffic, two thru lanes in each direction with a two way left turn lane and 6-foot shoulders. For most of the project there will be a center turn lane. Where we cannot provide a center turn lane, there will be two lanes in each direction with a painted double yellow line separating traffic.

Community Notices

Traffic volumes are above normal and congestion is anticipated particularly in the southbound lanes North of the Colorado River Bridge this week with an influx of tourists. Traffic models shows congestion typically picks up around meal times, and hotel check-in check-out times. It is particularly heavy at dusk. Avoid travel southbound into Moab between 3:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m."

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Is there any updated information on construction or opening of the WM Moab resort? Everything I'm seeing is from several months ago.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Should I start a new thread about ^^^ this? This thread may not be the best way to ask if anybody knows anything new.

Dave

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
FWIW, I think bumping an old thread to trigger updated input is perfect. I don't see why creating a new thread would be any more successful ... other than using the thread title to clearly "ask for updates."

By using the old thread ... we can track the rate of progress when we need to revisit this in some future point in time ... ?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
FWIW, I think bumping an old thread to trigger updated input is perfect. I don't see why creating a new thread would be any more successful ... other than using the thread title to clearly "ask for updates."

By using the old thread ... we can track the rate of progress when we need to revisit this in some future point in time ... ?

Thanks, Rhonda. Just wasn't sure whether people would see the old thread and consider it a "new" question. Although now that I'm living closer to it, I'm really interested in whether there is anything new to report about Moab. :D

Dave

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Moab status copy/pasted from Worldmark's website as of 10/15/2020

Source: https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/news/Geoff-Richards-Owner-Comm.shtml?linkId=102065942

Portfolio Update
We know many owners are excited about the addition of Moab to the resort portfolio and we are, too. To allow time for the travel industry to stabilize, we made the difficult decision to postpone the opening of the resort. Rest assured, we are fully committed to the Moab resort and can't wait to share this destination with you.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Moab status copy/pasted from Worldmark's website as of 10/15/2020

Thanks. I think I saw that on the WMowners website. It's been four months since they posted it, and I was wondering if there was anything newer to report, or if there was a timeline for what "stabilize" means. Ever the optimist: WM resorts are reopening, and I'm hoping construction at Moab is resuming. :D

Dave