• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pics needed HGVC Grand Islander 2br Penthouse

tumbleweed15

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Does anyone have a layout, video or pictures of the 2br Penthouse for Grand Islander (Ocean View)?

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a layout, video or pictures of the 2br Penthouse for Grand Islander (Ocean View)?

I have never seen the 2br PH for Grand Islander but did find a couple of floor plan online. Each layout came from two different sites. Looking at both, GI seem to have two different layouts.

2br ph ov.JPG
2bdrm Penthouse GW.JPG

BK2019

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Saratoga Springs
HGVC Paradise
I believe the first image is the layout for the units on the wide side of the building. The second image is of the units on the narrow side facing the ocean.

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed in the Grand Islander, Grand Waikikian, and Lagoon Tower, all two bedroom. I am not fond of GI and GW because the sq ft seems so much smaller than Lagoon. Also, the dining area is also really small. I normally have 4 of use in a two bdrm but if you squeeze the extra 2 people (total 6), there just will not have enough room eat. You can see the second layout in GI and it looks like a 2 person table.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
First photo is the layout for a grand Islander room. The second photo looks more like a grand waikikian room.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
These are the additional sources I use when looking for resort details.

For HGVC room description
club member page for the resort
hilton hotel webpage for the resort

For HGVC room layouts:

For HGVC room pictures:
Google search using the resort name. In this case use “Grand Islander penthouse”

For HGVC resort videos
Google video search and YouTube video search using the resort name. In this case use “Grand Islander penthouse”.

Last edited:

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there is a better way of doing this...but here is GregT's attachment for GW posted by alwysonvac

and the same for GI (2nd post in thread)

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The layouts are in my previous post. Note that on each of the five penthouse floors there is one resort view, one mountain view, and two ocean view 2BRs...and none of the floor plans are the same.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
We regularly stay in the Lagoon Tower, as we have three weeks there. But in November (using Club points not Home Week, and assuming it's open!) we're staying for 3 nights in the Grand Islander, in a "luxury premium ocean view" 2BR (I guess that means just below the penthouse floor), then 6 days in the Grand Waikikian , 2BR ocean view. It will be interesting to compare and contrast back to back, and knowing the Lagoon Tower 2BR rooms well. Then we wrap with nights on Maui in the Marriott MOC Napili (2BR OF), then in Hana at Travaasa, for even more comparison.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We regularly stay in the Lagoon Tower, as we have three weeks there. But in November (using Club points not Home Week, and assuming it's open!) we're staying for 3 nights in the Grand Islander, in a "luxury premium ocean view" 2BR (I guess that means just below the penthouse floor), then 6 days in the Grand Waikikian , 2BR ocean view. It will be interesting to compare and contrast back to back, and knowing the Lagoon Tower 2BR rooms well. Then we wrap with nights on Maui in the Marriott MOC Napili (2BR OF), then in Hana at Travaasa, for even more comparison.

Sounds like a fantastic trip! Please share your comparisons when you return.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
do you still have all these stays booked?

I'm new to timeshares, can you describe what you own and how you reserved these four different resorts (where you own, how many points, and what you reserved or traded to get these nights)?

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
do you still have all these stays booked?

I'm new to timeshares, can you describe what you own and how you reserved these four different resorts (where you own, how many points, and what you reserved or traded to get these nights)?
No. Lots of changes. Thanks COVID.

No trading.

I have three rooms at Lagoon Tower— a 1-BR Ocean View, a 2-BR Ocean View, and a 2-BR Ocean Front. They generate about 24,000 points. And I have a 2-BR Ocean Front at the Marriott Maui (floating week, not enrolled, no points).

I cancelled my November trip because of the uncertainty of being able to go and the apparent fact that the Hilton won’t even be open. That’s kind of important.

The Hilton rooms/points can be used either by reserving a Home Week, my room type at my location, reserved 9-12 months in advance, or via Club Points, based on what’s available at the 9-month point. Club points can be used anywhere (almost) in the Hilton system. So, I‘m not limited to Lagoon Tower. Or to one week. My 8400 points of 2-BR ocean view is good for one week for that room at that location, but if I use the 8400 points for, say, a 1-BR ocean view, I can stretch a couple more days out of it. An island view studio, even more.

So, cancelling November put all the points back into my account. I used them to book 11 days in a 2-BR Ocean Front room at the Lagoon Tower in Jan-Feb, which were available no doubt because of all that’s going on. Normally you’d not be able to get this via club points, and certainly not on a couple months notice, simply because of high demand. But I just went to the HGVC website and found a block of days that were available and booked it with saved 2020 points. If nothing else, COVID -has- made it easier to find a room.

I also booked over and around the Spring Break (Mar-Apr) for Maui and Lagoon Tower, but I did that a year in advance (which was when COVID was just happening). I did that in the normal way. For Lagoon Tower I booked a “Home Week” 12 months in advance. Basically same for Maui — I was ready to hit “Enter” the moment 9:00pm PST came along, 1-year ahead, because booking at MOC is not easy, it fills fast. So that was just using my regular floating Marriott week in the usual way, booking a year in advance.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there is a better way of doing this...but here is GregT's attachment for GW posted by alwysonvac

and the same for GI (2nd post in thread)

Awesome