• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PICing into new lowest priviledge tier (Advantage)

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I haven't seen anyone really discussing this option. The idea I was thinking that might be a cheap way to get developer benefits is getting 1 low MF 3 bedroom PIC and buying a 105,000 biennial deed retail via telesales.

That would be 306,500 developer points that can be used towards Club Pass, have access to RCI points, have a 15% discount at 60 days out and upgrades at 14 days out (most likely). I'm guessing the retail purchase would be $8,000-$10,000, which might be worth it to some in the long run. You can easily recover that purchase price by just having a ridiculously low MF PIC alone.

I personally am thinking of just getting WM resale so I have access to the WM locations as well as II, but this option is also something I might consider once the new tiers are official. PIC to Gold for $27,000 is just too much of a gamble to me personally. With how I personally vacation, it would take about 20 years for me to see a full return. By then, I will be 50 years old with no more kids and probably wouldn't need the membership anymore.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone really discussing this option. The idea I was thinking that might be a cheap way to get developer benefits is getting 1 low MF 3 bedroom PIC and buying a 105,000 biennial deed retail via telesales.
That would be 306,500 developer points that can be used towards Club Pass, have access to RCI points, have a 15% discount at 60 days out and upgrades at 14 days out (most likely). I'm guessing the retail purchase would be $8,000-$10,000, which might be worth it to some in the long run. You can easily recover that purchase price by just having a ridiculously low MF PIC alone.

I personally am thinking of just getting WM resale so I have access to the WM locations as well as II, but this option is also something I might consider once the new tiers are official. PIC to Gold for $27,000 is just too much of a gamble to me personally. With how I personally vacation, it would take about 20 years for me to see a full return. By then, I will be 50 years old with no more kids and probably wouldn't need the membership anymore.
Life changes. Hard to plan or see 5 years out let alone 20.

Last edited:

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
lol, it's funny how everyone sees everything differently. I'm hoping to retire at 50 and with no more kids I plan on vacationing even more and make all my Wyndham plans based on that assumption

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am not sure the Pic can be used for club pass. I think you would still be limited to 105,000 EOY

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I am not sure the Pic can be used for club pass. I think you would still be limited to 105,000 EOY

I think points from a PIC can be used with club pass. I've converted a few PIC weeks to Wyndham points and when I do, they show up in the same "bucket" as the points from my Wyndham ownership. The only points that show up differently for me are some bonus points I got when I bough developer points to get to gold. I haven't actually tried using club pass with them, but have wound up depositing some back in RCI, which can be a decent way to arbitrage a low MF week to a higher trading value for the $89 PIC fee, by the way....

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

I've been told by someone in Wyndham sales that there are quite inexpensive 3 BR timeshares in South Africa that Wyndham still takes as PICs that could fit your needs, but I probably wouldn't (and actually didn't) go that way. IMHO, it's a bit more expensive for the MF, but a 4 BR LO week in a dual RCI/II property gives you much better flexibility to use the week as a trader as well as for a PIC; the program charge for the points is the same for a 3 or 4 BR since they both get the same number of points. I picked up a 4 BR LO week 31 at Colonies at Williamsburg to use that way; it's dual affiliated, rated as a premier II resort and is in the highest part of the TDI there, so will trade well. I've seen a few in the bargain basement forum, but got mine off e-bay for $1.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

You can use PIC Points in club Pass. That was a question I had a while back and couldn't find anything in the directory that said you could. It wasn't until I looked at the Owner 101 article about PIC plus contracts, that I saw you could. I have not seen it anywhere else.

7398e2628e98c3be7da84385af16dc89.jpg

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

It would be cheaper to buy a 49,000 point annual contract then a 105,000 biannual. They charge the full retail price on the small contracts of $254 per 1,000. For that 105,000 point EOY contract, it would be more like $13,000 (they would charge based on 52,500 point) . The 49,000 would be about $12,000 and you'd get points every year.

I believe biannual PIC weeks still count towards VIP every year, and not just EOY. You would have to talk to a telesales sales person who is familiar with PIC plus about that. If it is, the biannual PICS have lower fees then annual.