• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PIC

Reaction score
I have a "concern", or just a question, somewhere in there. Someone here said that PIC is only for those who bought their Wyndham timeshare from the resort (developer), and the non-Wyndham timeshare should ALSO be from that resort.

Looking online in the section about PIC, there's no mention of any members being disqualified. In other words, unless Wyndham is hiding that information, resale owners owning a non-Wyndham resale should be able to use the program.

So, who is right?

TS

rrlongwell

Reaction score
I have a "concern", or just a question, somewhere in there. Someone here said that PIC is only for those who bought their Wyndham timeshare from the resort (developer), and the non-Wyndham timeshare should ALSO be from that resort.

Looking online in the section about PIC, there's no mention of any members being disqualified. In other words, unless Wyndham is hiding that information, resale owners owning a non-Wyndham resale should be able to use the program.

So, who is right?

TS

See page 340 of the Members Directory. PIC weeks are defined as not including the Wyndham Timeshares. If a new purchase from Wyndham is made one or two non-Wyndham contracts can be given a point value. These points are considered VIP eligable points. For a fee, the awarded points can then be used one year at a time as though they were Wyndham timeshares. The program for fixed or floating weeks is not called PIC. Under that program, you pay Wyndham a fee to convert the fixed or floating week to points. This does not entile buying a new contract (although they will slash the converstion fee if this is done). The converted fixed or floating week may or may not be VIP Eligable points, depending on a number of factors. In a seperate program yet, under their concept of Equity Trade, the salesperson may offer to take one or more Wyndham contracts back in return for a new purchase. Usally, there is discount of the dollars per thousand rate for the new purchase.

When it comes to the issue of using a non-Wyndham timeshare that is a re-sale, I do not know of any prohibition on the use of that fixed week in the PIC program if the proper number of new developer points are purchased from Wyndham. There is a prohibition against using a Wyndham Resort fixed week or floating week for the program.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im not sure I understand your question. Specifically I dont understand ".....and the non-Wyndham timeshare should ALSO be from that resort"

PIC is a program whereby non Wyndham timeshares can be brought into the Wyndham system, and points assigned to them

The limit is 2 weeks and there has to be a retail purchase of Wyndham points to do it (50k per week)

The non Wyndham weeks can have been purchased on the reasle market they have to be rci affiliated, but not rci points (or any points I think)

I did ask if Star Island weeks (not the Wyndham portion of Star Island) could be PICed. I was told no, that these could be converted, but not PICed. Im not sure thats the right answer though

Reaction score
To be more specific, an example:

I bought all my Star Island points resale. If I bought (resale) a late-year week at Orange Lake CC (an RCI Red Week resort - the entire year is "red"), could I use the PIC program? I know both RCI and Wyndham have to approve it, I am wondering if I could at least apply?

TS

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score

I bought all my Star Island points resale. If I bought (resale) a late-year week at Orange Lake CC (an RCI Red Week resort - the entire year is "red"), could I use the PIC program? I know both RCI and Wyndham have to approve it, I am wondering if I could at least apply?

TS

I believe the answer is that if you were to pick up an OLCC week, you could only PIC it with a SUBSEQUENT developer purchase from Wyndham. As I understand it, that is how the PIC program has always worked.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

TS

yes the Orange Lake week will probably qualify

Your star island week has nothing to do with it,

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
Pahio Resorts

Two of the properties that I have were once Pahio Bali Hai Villas before they became associated with Wyndham as Wyndham Bali Hai Villas. I believe that there are still deeds that are just Pahio, that haven't been converted. Does anyone know if these weeks deed might qualify as a potential PIC conversions to Wyndham points?

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Two of the properties that I have were once Pahio Bali Hai Villas before they became associated with Wyndham as Wyndham Bali Hai Villas. I believe that there are still deeds that are just Pahio, that haven't been converted. Does anyone know if these weeks deed might qualify as a potential PIC conversions to Wyndham points?

Give Corporate Sales for Wyndham a call. I think these would not be PIC contracts but just a flat rate for about $2,500 dollars or about $89 dollars with a new purchase.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont know but I doubt it as Wyndham is now the manager...I think that these would be possible conversions..Star Island might be a possibility though

kalua

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
the only week's that can be brought into wyndham pic is ,a nonpoints resort ,no rci points , nothing affialited with wyndham, but the resorts has to be affialited with rci . that is how I interrupt it,and that is how it was also explained to me on 2 separate occasions .and you must buy a contract from wyndham .

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
the only week's that can be brought into wyndham pic is ,a nonpoints resort ,no rci points , nothing affialited with wyndham, but the resorts has to be affialited with rci . that is how I interrupt it,and that is how it was also explained to me on 2 separate occasions .and you must buy a contract from wyndham .

That's it and the new Wyndham contract has to be at least 50000 points/PIC week (max 2)

vckempson

TUG Member
Reaction score

To be clear, PIC is not a conversion. For PIC, on a year by year basis, Wyndham will allow you to assign a non-wyndham week's usage over to them, sort of like depositing a week into RCI. They then give you a certain number of Wyndham point in exchange to be used for that year, again sort of like RCI. You can only make that type of arrangement when buying new retail points.

Your question seems to be directed more toward whether you might be able to convert your week into the Wyndham program since your resort is now a part of the Wyndham program. For that I don't have a clue. I think you could just call the resort directly and ask if they know of a converstion program for old owners to do just that.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Calling the resort front desk will NOT answer that question -- onsite sales whould KNOW (maybe).

I own a Fixed Week at Star Island, but my unit is NOT in a Wyndham building, not able to convert it into Wyndham points; Star Island is II affiliated (not PIC and ergo, have never asked), etc. I am just trying to point out all the combinations of why a particular resort may or may not be a simple and easy answer for a Fixed Week owner.

vckempson

TUG Member
Reaction score
ILooking online in the section about PIC, there's no mention of any members being disqualified. In other words, unless Wyndham is hiding that information, resale owners owning a non-Wyndham resale should be able to use the program.

So, who is right?

TS

Your question hasn't exactly been answered yet, has it? Your real question seems to be that the guide doesn't explicity indicate that the PIC program is only for retail purchasers of Wydham points. Therefore, maybe there's a way for resale purchasers to take advantage of it?

Regardless of what's in the Wyndham guide, they still have to approve your PIC request. Whether of not there's a stated exclusion for resale purchaser doesn't matter. In practice, they will only entertain a PIC application when done concurrent with a developer purchase.

While I'm not sure who approves the PIC applications, my guess is that it's the marketing department. Clearly it's used as an incentive for them to make additional retail sales and that's the only way it is used.

That's all that really matters.

edit: I'd be thrilled, though, if you proved us all wrong. Nothing lost, nothing gained. Give it a whirl if you are inclined and tell us all what happens.

Last edited:

roundtheworld

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tanglewood Resorts, Hawley PA, - Week 27
Club Wynham 241,000 points,
Towers on the Grove - Myrtle Beach - 95,000 points
Skyline Tower - Atlantic City 203,000 points
We were able to PIC our non wyndam resale purchase at the time of our wyndham purchase from the developer. The one qualifying criteria was that it had to be found in the RCI directory. It is my understanding that you can \pic when you make a Wyndham retail purchase.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

So, who is right?

TS

it is in the directory, pg 299 in the small print under the chart

I dont think PIC is strictly speaking a marketing effort, although thats the way they use it..its more of a tit-for-tat..If RCI accepts Wyndham points in exchange for weeks, then shouldnt Wyndham accept RCI weeks in exchange for points

The fact that PIC points are VIP eligible...thats marketing

Last edited: