• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PIC vs PIC express ??

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation-Village Atalaya-Towers
What is the high level difference between pic and pic express?

Besides that express is only 5 years.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The two different PIC programs are PIC Plus and PIC Express. With PIC Plus, the contract is an ongoing one that counts towards VIP status and allows you to convert the underlying TS week to Wyndham points for a fee and use them to stay in the Wyndham program; PIC Express contracts, which only last for 5 years don't allow you to convert the week to points, but do count towards VIP status as their only real benefit.

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I see , let me repeat this to see if I understand

Pic plus - counts towards VIP status and can deposit non Wyndham TS week for points to use in the Wyndham system, for my 3 bedroom example it would add another 254K to by use able points.

Pic express - only adds the 254K to boost my total number for VIP status but can't use the points for booking.

Question - in 5 years it goes away, do I loose VIP status ?

I never planned on going to my non-Wyndham TS, I currently have it in RCI as we speak.

Did I repeat the understanding correctly?

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I see , let me repeat this to see if I understand

Pic plus - counts towards VIP status and can deposit non Wyndham TS week for points to use in the Wyndham system, for my 3 bedroom example it would add another 254K to by use able points.

Pic express - only adds the 254K to boost my total number for VIP status but can't use the points for booking.

Question - in 5 years it goes away, do I loose VIP status ?

I never planned on going to my mom Wyndham TS, I currently have it in RCI as we speak.

Did I repeat the understanding correctly?

I think so, though I'm not sure about the mom Wyndham TS part...

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
What do you own that is a pic express? Typically PIC express are for weeks or points that can't be deposited into an rci weeks account. So a week associated with Interval or something in another points program like DVC or Hilton.

PIC express is for 5 years. Some sales imply that it can be re-enrolled without an additional purchase after 5 years but the program description seems to indicate that it will end after 5 years and you would lose VIP unless you make an additional retail purchase. No one has indicated that they were offered a renewal without a purchase but no one has had PIC express seems to keep up with TUG to say what happened after the 5 years.

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think so, though I'm not sure about the mom Wyndham TS part...

sorry bout that was typing on the phone, I just updated it. I meant to say NON not MOM.... LOL read again I just updated the post

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What do you own that is a pic express? Typically PIC express are for weeks or points that can't be deposited into an rci weeks account. So a week associated with Interval or something in another points program like DVC or Hilton.

PIC express is for 5 years. Some sales imply that it can be re-enrolled without an additional purchase after 5 years but the program description seems to indicate that it will end after 5 years and you would lose VIP unless you make an additional retail purchase. No one has indicated that they were offered a renewal without a purchase but no one has had PIC express seems to keep up with TUG to say what happened after the 5 years.

I am not in PIC at all, just curious about the differences. I was just saying what I own right now is one NON-Wyndham 3 bedroom that is currently registered RCI.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
I am not in PIC at all, just curious about the differences. I was just saying what I own right now is one NON-Wyndham 3 bedroom that is currently registered RCI.
RCI Points or Weeks? What resort do you own? If that was known, it might help with answering some of your questions. RCI Points ownerships are not eligible for PIC Plus. With that said, I will add that it is possible to remove an ownership from RCI points and have it placed back in RCI weeks. I did that with both of my PIC's, RCI Resort ownerships previously in RCI points are now in RCI weeks and successfully being used for PIC (at 254k each).

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Then you should qualify for PIC plus not PIC express.

If you are looking to go resale you wouldn't be eligible for either.

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Then you should qualify for PIC plus not PIC express.

If you are looking to go resale you wouldn't be eligible for either.

yeah was thinking resale first to try it out, but researching PIC Plus if I do decide to go the developer route and go VIP. I trying to figure out the cheapest path to gold and above... LOL

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
yeah was thinking resale first to try it out, but researching PIC Plus if I do decide to go the developer route and go VIP. I trying to figure out the cheapest path to gold and above... LOL

Search on my username for my original thread on this topic, I bought into VIP back in July 2018 using PIC Plus. It’s a bit lengthy but if you take the time to read through the entire thread you will have just about every question about Wyndham VIP and PIC answered in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Search on my username for my original thread on this topic, I bought into VIP back in July 2018 using PIC Plus. It’s a bit lengthy but if you take the time to read through the entire thread you will have just about every question about Wyndham VIP and PIC answered in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger that ! I will do that. Now that I can save bookmarks On this site, I will track it down and save it as a bookmark.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned