• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Phuket - anyone headed there in January?

cwtkm3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going to Phuket Beach Club Jan 6th for couple weeks.
Not been since 2018,

Anyone from here going to be there?

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not been since 2018,

We just returned on Wednesday, I have DM’d you.
Several friends (some on here) are going in January and may well overlap your visit. Hopefully they will reply to you here.
It is Chinese New Year on Sunday 22nd January, so although the Chinese themselves are still not really travelling as before it might start getting busier in your second week if that helps schedule trips…etc.
Enjoy.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Not been since 2018,

I do not believe you will be disappointed. We are making our 4th trip to PBC this year over Christmas (Dec. 24th - 31st). Only a week this time and our 1st time ever (15+ years) spending Christmas in Phuket. Looking forward to it!

Troyrissa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar
Can someone tell me the price you paid for airfare to Phuket? Any tips for getting good prices or the cheapest time to fly there? I know November to March is considered high season so would like to know what airfare is running for that time period. Also, did you fly from east/west/Midwest/south? Thanks!

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me the price you paid for airfare to Phuket? Any tips for getting good prices or the cheapest time to fly there? I know November to March is considered high season so would like to know what airfare is running for that time period. Also, did you fly from east/west/Midwest/south? Thanks!
We flew to Phuket from the UK Oct-Nov this year.
What I can say though, is that we booked our flights way back in March 2022 for just over £2,500 return business class and when I checked again 1-2 months before departure the exact same flight was over £10,000!!!
So it is probably also true for flights from the US, but timing is everything.
Let's just hope that for 2023 and beyond the return of increased airlines / routes / flights and resulting competition brings prices back to a more sensible level?

Troyrissa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar
We flew to Phuket from the UK Oct-Nov this year.
What I can say though, is that we booked our flights way back in March 2022 for just over £2,500 return business class and when I checked again 1-2 months before departure the exact same flight was over £10,000!!!
So it is probably also true for flights from the US, but timing is everything.
Let's just hope that for 2023 and beyond the return of increased airlines / routes / flights and resulting competition brings prices back to a more sensible level?
Was it $2500 per ticket? I was seeing flights around $2200 per ticket for fall of next year. Just basic economy class in the US.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was it $2500 per ticket? I was seeing flights around $2200 per ticket for fall of next year. Just basic economy class in the US.
GB £ 2,500 per ticket business class, yes it was and that is the most we have had to pay in some 15 years of going there.
I am just pleased that we booked early.
As I say though, we are very hopeful that 2023 flight prices will be more reasonable once again.
We haven’t finalised our dates yet, but I am about to start looking now we are back home.

cwtkm3

TUG Member
Reaction score
We paid about £1100 each London Gatwick direct to Phuket with TUI because BA pulled our original flights to Bangkok.
It's economy with extra leg room so included good baggage allowance.

mchct

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to Bangkok/Phuket in Sept 2022 and our airfare from Los Angeles, CA was about $900 per person plus $70 for two round trip BKK-HKT on Air Asia. But we tend to do routing/stops (husband likes to earn miles) that probably most people wouldn't want to do. And we also like to do a 24 hour or less stop in Honolulu (sometimes the airfare is cheaper if you force this routing, other times only $100 or less) on the return back to visit and have lunch/dinner with our friend and do some shopping and catching the redeye back home. I think I booked that airfare about 25 days before since it was kind of a last minute decision to go to Thailand to use up the week before it expired.

For out next Thailand trip towards end of January, I just booked the tickets mid November also for $900 per person and this routing actually includes getting to Phuket and an open jaw from BKK but no 24 hour Hawaii stop.:confused: Previous/pre covid trips to Se Asia, we've been able to book trips with a stop in Japan and the 24 hour HNL stop for $600-$800.

Try and use Google Flights or ITA search engine to try and find routes/pricing.