• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Photos up for Los Cabos resort

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thank you @GajaDreams for the info. I like the thoroughness and honesty of the video. The resort is beautiful but my biggest concern is the remoteness of the resort since we don't rent cars in Mexico. May work for a short stay in which we don't plan to leave the resort.

Have you reviewed the Waldorf Astoria in Cabo?

Last edited:

rjp123

TUG Member
Reaction score
1. What side of the hotel is La Pacifica?

I've stayed at the Hilton hotel before. Based on the photo, La Pacifica is on the East side of the resort.

The hotel is very nice - it has one of the few "swim-able" beaches as most places there are serious riptides and undertow. You still need to be careful but you can at least go in the water versus other resorts in the Tourist Corridor.

The hotel is also reasonably far from Cabo San Lucas or San Jose del Cabo. You're in for a bus/taxi ride there and back if you need to go into either town. As mentioned in the video - there isn't much around except the resort (and the resorts North and South). You'd need to get groceries delivered or taxi/rent a car into Cabo San Lucas for Costco or whatever.

As I said - the hotel is very nice. When I head back to Cabo however I'll probably try to trade into the Bonito Rose as it is in town and on the other swim-able part of the beach.

GajaDreams

Reaction score
Personally, I quite liked the video and your accent was fine. I thought the visuals were extremely nice for a video blog. If I had one critique, it would be that what to do there or nearby was not clear. Maybe that belongs in a separate video "If you want to learn more about what to do at and around this resort, see our video titled..."

It does seem like an extremely expensive choice. Thanks for making the video :)
Thanks for the feedback. Will add some information on the possibilities around in the future. That's a great idea!

GajaDreams

Reaction score
Thank you @GajaDreams for the info. I like the thoroughness and honesty of the video. The resort is beautiful but my biggest concern is the remoteness of the resort since we don't rent cars in Mexico. May work for a short stay in which we don't plan to leave the resort.

Have you reviewed the Waldorf Astoria in Cabo?

Right. It's absolutely fine for a couple of days, but very isolated. Uber is quite ok with less than 200 Pesos (<10$) to the city.

The Waldorf is one of my favourites in Mexico. But the price level is insane. At least you can have a walk around and are located directly in Cabo San Lucas.
But see for yourself ;-)

Alex

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
Someone alluded to free breakfast in the hotel part of a resort for Diamond hgvc guests at ES in Chicago bHC. Is that an official benefit? Does that benefit exist anywhere else in the hgvc system?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Someone alluded to free breakfast in the hotel part of a resort for Diamond hgvc guests at ES in Chicago bHC. Is that an official benefit? Does that benefit exist anywhere else in the hgvc system?

It exists at The District in DC. Cannot go into the owners lounge if not an owner but can get the Embassy Suites full breakfast in the hotel downstairs. (IMO the Embassy Suites breakfast is better). It's a nice perk since the rooms have no kitchen. Not sure if that perk still available with Covid and new hotel owners.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I’m going to give it a shot for a few nights once it opens, but Grand Solmar and Cabo Azul have ruined me for San Lucas and San Jose respectively. I don’t mind renting a car since driving in the area is so simple but I do like my adult beverages and that takes driving out unless it’s just running to the grocery store or something. Uber availability has made it much better than the monopolistic taxis with their sky high rates.

BK2019

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Saratoga Springs
HGVC Paradise
La Pacifica Los Cabos by Hilton Club is now bookable online.

NascarGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Waikoloa King's Land, HGVC - Bay Club, DRI - Sunrise Ridge
La Pacifica Los Cabos by Hilton Club is now bookable online.

Thanks for the heads up. Just booked the week before Thanksgiving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk