• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Photos of Grand Solmar

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
What an amazing penthouse unit! You really scored big time on that exchange. Your friends must have been impressed. Thanks so much for posting the pictures.:)

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that was a bad thing, because it set our standards too high, nothing will compare now. :D

What an amazing penthouse unit! You really scored big time on that exchange. Your friends must have been impressed. Thanks so much for posting the pictures.:)

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Nice trade !! What did you trade with and how long ago did you make your reservation ?
Nice pictures, I like that side of Cabo with the big wave and strange rocks.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
Traded a dog studio. The four bedroom was just sitting there online so I booked it. I think it was 2-3 months out.

Nice trade !! What did you trade with and how long ago did you make your reservation ?
Nice pictures, I like that side of Cabo with the big wave and strange rocks.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Didn't I tell you it was fabulous? :D I still can't get over your trade.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was nice. No swimmable beach, but the suite itself was so fabulous that we rarely went down to the pool area. Oh and their happy hour drinks were fabulous. :D

Didn't I tell you it was fabulous? :D I still can't get over your trade.

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold
Looks like a fabulous place. We've traded in for mid-November next year - looking forward to it.

How was the construction? Saw the crane in one of the pictures.

Thx

bbb

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is the crane indeed. If you are in the main building (which has studios, one and two bedroom villas), you are facing the crane; however it did not seem noisy at all (but hey I just got back from Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta where the construction noise was like 50 machine guns firing in your face, so by comparison the Grand Solmar construction noise was like a bee f*art). Other than the crane view itself, I did not notice noise.

Looks like a fabulous place. We've traded in for mid-November next year - looking forward to it.

How was the construction? Saw the crane in one of the pictures.

Thx

bbb

rpennisi

Reaction score
We loved Solmar. A few years ago, we had booked for the Grand Mayan that was behind schedule, so they put us up in a top floor Solmar 2 bedroom, three bath, that we thought was great, but this new construction is fabulous looking! How do you think the villa compared to the Grand Luxxe?
Did you climb over the rocks to Divorce Beach and cross over to Lovers' Beach?
If you did, hopefully before happy hour :)

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
My friends did that - I did not! I was lazy enjoying that rooftop pool.

The four bedroom is fabulous, but there are only two of those penthouses in the resort - on the very top of the VIP buildings - the rest is three bedrooms in the VIP building. I'll probably never see one of those again in II! Only the four bedrooms on the rooftop have private pools. The three bedrooms have large patios but no pools.

The four bedrooms are much much nicer than Grand Luxxe. They are in a different league of their own!

We loved Solmar. A few years ago, we had booked for the Grand Mayan that was behind schedule, so they put us up in a top floor Solmar 2 bedroom, three bath, that we thought was great, but this new construction is fabulous looking! How do you think the villa compared to the Grand Luxxe?
Did you climb over the rocks to Divorce Beach and cross over to Lovers' Beach?
If you did, hopefully before happy hour :)

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Wow! What a fabulous trade!!! Thanks for sharing your photos.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

travelplanner70

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking forward to visiting the Grand Solmar in February. I wondered if you could suggest how much time I should plan to go from Grand Solmar to get to the SJD airport on a Saturday. My flight departs at 6 p.m. on a Saturday.

The Grand Solmar shuttle leaves at either 1:30 p.m. or 3:30 p.m. I hate to leave so early for a 6 pm flight, but, on the other hand, I would not want to miss my flight. Any suggestions? Thanks.

aleksir

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regina
Traded a dog studio. The four bedroom was just sitting there online so I booked it. I think it was 2-3 months out.

Who did you trade through? Fantastic pics! Thanks.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Take the 3:30PM shuttle. You could take a taxi back to the airport, but I wouldn't leave any later than 4PM for a 6PM flight. The airport is a good 25 miles away and you never know how the traffic is going to be. First class/priority check-in lines are shorter, but all your luggage has to be inspected by hand before you get to the counter, and those coach lines can get long.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
My flight departs at 6 p.m. on a Saturday. . . .

The Grand Solmar shuttle leaves at either 1:30 p.m. or 3:30 p.m. I hate to leave so early for a 6 pm flight, but, on the other hand, I would not want to miss my flight. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Leaving at 3:30 p.m. would probably get you to the airport by 4:15 to 4:30. That's only an hour and a half before your departure. Sometimes it takes awhile to get through their security checks prior to the ticket counter. They inspect bags by hand.

travelplanner70

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder how crowded the airport would be on a Saturday late afternoon. An hour and a half would not be enough time to get through the Cancun airport of which I am very familiar.

Anyone else want to weigh in?
Thanks for your suggestions.