It appeared to be quite uncrowded there. Is this because the resort is new or because of the time of year?
There were several factors:
1) I heard only about 100 rooms are completed. That is only a few buildings. I'm very roughly guessing 20-25 percent final build-out. They said they were fully booked for their available rooms.
2) Many of the pictures were taken rather early in the morning before most people were poolside.
3) A lot of pictures were also taken the day we arrived which happened to be a fairly cold, cloudy and windy day. The weather improved throughout the week and there were a quite a few more people out as a result.
4) Some of the shots I took were framed to not include as many people.
5) When the weather was awesome, I was bodysurfing in the ocean!
I suspect when they get a few more buildings completed this place will be hopping, but for now it did seem very quiet. Didn't bother me one bit, we had a great time. We also got great service, the ratio of staff to guests seemed at least 1 to 1! All the amenities we required seemed to be fully operational including the restaurant, poolside bar, market store, business center, fitness center and pool towel stations. There is also a kid's club and mini-golf course as well.