• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Photo Album-Grand Colorado on Peak 8

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
From our recent stay 6/1 to 6/7. The resort re-opened on 6/1. Initially there were few guests, but as the week progressed, more guests began to arrive until it felt more like a regular timeshare stay than a vacation during a pandemic. The pools, hot tubs, bars and Robbie's Tavern were all open for business. However, you had to "reserve" a time for the hot tubs and pools. Because of this I did not get photo's of the new pool area in the recently completed building 3. I also did not feel compelled to take photo's of many of the common area's, as they haven't changed since out last photo album of this resort 2 years ago.
Building 3 has it's own movie theater, a new outdoor owners rooftop lounge in building 3 with a small bar and BBQ grills. There will also be an escape room added to building 3, an amenity I will likely never use.

The resort is utilizing a phone app called JustIn for keyless room entry. The room key is sent to your phone and appears in the app. The issue is that the app is glitchy and and probably only worked about 30% of the time. Most of the time it refused to load. I mentioned this to the front desk since they seemed to want to rely on the app to minimize customer interaction as much as possible and this keyless app seemed to be a center piece of that idea. They will send you a pre-registration form that streamline the check in process. If you're renting a car, expect a call and have the license plate number of the rental car handy, which will further expedite the check in process.

The photo album is of a 2 bedroom Colorado unit, which is a larger unit. Since there are only 2 per floor per building, it's unlikely you'll receive one of these larger units if you're an exchanger. We upgraded our ownership a couple of years ago because we liked the larger balcony, the larger windows and better views. Check in for this resort is Saturday (assigned to building 1 & 2) and Sunday (building 3). If you care to see the Breckenridge unit I have a photo album from 2018 that shows that unit on the same Smugmug account as this album.

If you want to see more of the amenities in buildings 1 & 2 or the smaller Breckenridge unit, this is the photo album from 2018 that would have those pictures.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks you doug26364, folks this is the timeshare photographer king. Doug26364, photos slideshows will tell you how your timeshare resort will look from the photo camera lens of a real timeshare owner. This is a fact. This slideshow is outstanding.
Thanks you doug26364.

Last edited:

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at the Grand Lodge on Peak 7 a couple of times and we've really enjoyed it. Can't wait to stay on Peak 8 as it looks like it's a solid step up.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I've stayed at the Grand Lodge on Peak 7 a couple of times and we've really enjoyed it. Can't wait to stay on Peak 8 as it looks like it's a solid step up.

we originally owned at Grand Lodge before upgrading to Grand Colorado. The one thing I’ve noticed as BGV has moved from Grand Timber to Grand Lodge to Grand Colorado is, while the units have always been an upgrade from the previous resort but, the hot tubs have become smaller at each resort to the point we don’t even consider using them at Grand Colorado. Fortunately, hot tubs are not why we vacation or choose a resort. If that were the case we’d probably stay at Grand Timber more often.

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting! We’ve stayed at Grand Lodge many times and love it. This looks beautiful...hope we can stay there sometime soon.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Are there jacuzzi tubs inside the units in any of the three resorts?

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks for sharing. We haven’t stayed at any of their resorts, but we visited when we were in town a few years ago. The resorts seemed very nice and we would consider exchanging in if we ever wanted to spend more time in the area.

Best regards.

Mike

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe