• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

People Faking Emotional Prob. To Transport Pets

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
“A guy had a miniature horse, which didn’t fit comfortably in the back, so he was put in first class,” says Eric Lipp, executive director of Open Doors Organization, an advocacy group for people traveling with disabilities. “The airline made the horse wear these little shoes so it didn’t scuff the plane, but it pooped all over and the other first-class travelers weren’t happy.”

:doh: I'd be so mad if I paid for first class and a horse was pooping everywhere.

People who are too nervous to fly just shouldn't fly. Or, they need to have special flights for those who are going to have their animals in other passengers space or charge the person for more than one seat.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know about horses but to get your emotional support dog on board is more difficult than a service dog

For a service dog you just have to say it's a service dog for an emotional support dog you need a note from your shrink

And as long as the dog is small enough to fit under the seat (in a carry on bag) you can fly southwest with a pet

Last edited:

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
a) didn't we already do this thread? It was like 20 pages long and finally it got shut down. It was just about a different incident, that's all, but the story about faking it was the same.

b) I'm sorry but that situation with the horse sounds hilarious. It sounds like it was right out of a movie. I can't stop laughing.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If we closed down all the threads on TUG that are repeats, there would be about 3 threads on TUG.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I flew home on SWA from FLL last week and the couple (30ish in age) seated in front of me EACH had a dog. The dogs each had a soft sided bag to reside in going under the seat in front of them ... where I believe they were supposed to remain ... EXCEPT after takeoff thru to the last check of seat belts for landing ... were in the laps of the owners. I would guess 20lb dogs.

At least, they took the window and middle seat ... but I would NOT have wanted to be even on the aisle seat. During our wait for baggage claim, they told another passenger, the dogs were drugged for the flight. Another comment was they could not put them in a kennel and how much the parents loved seeing the dogs.

I hoped they paid the fees down and back. I did not see any 'vests'.

PStreet1

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I don't know about horses but to get your emotional support dog on board is more difficult than a service dog

For a service dog you just have to say it's a service dog for an emotional support dog you need a note from your shrink

And as long as the dog is small enough to fit under the seat (in a carry on bag) you can fly southwest with a pet

"from your shrink": yes, but according to the article, notes are readily available from on-line shrinks.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I've seen quite a few horses a****s in First Class but never an entire horse. :rolleyes:

Cheers

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I flew home from Reno on Friday and a women in the gate area had an emotional support dog (chihuahua) with her. The gate agent came over to her and asked to see her paperwork. Boy was she mad, but she had whatever it was that she needed and that was the end of it.

Personally I don't care if they fly as long as the pet is unobtrusive. I sat next to a couple with a drugged dog a few years back, but that same dog was flying home under the influence because apparently the first flight hadn't gone so well - lots of barking according to his owner. :D

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was some kind of service dog on my last AA flight. It looked like search and rescue. Best behaved dog I've seen in a long time. Looked like a GSD and laid next to their feet on the flight.

Now ask me how I feel about ANY dogs in the grocery store.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a huge yellow labrador retriever service dog on a recent flight. He lay silently at his master's feet in the bulkhead the entire flight - beautiful dog! On another flight, the passenger across the aisle from me placed his dog carrier under the seat in front of him. He and his wife let their toy dog out during the flight ("he's too sensitive to be caged up") and let him run around across the aisle and up and down several rows. When we landed, they let the dog loose, and it promptly peed on the floor.

Owners, not their pets, always seem to be the problem.

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a woman in one of the Disney groups who said she needed to bring her "service" dog to Disney because she was too afraid to fly without her. Then she proceeded to post pictures celebrating her dog's birthday at Magic Kingdom. She didn't have an explanation as to why she had to take the dog to the parks too. I'm a dog fanatic but even I thought that was a bit much.

geekette

Reaction score
There was a woman in one of the Disney groups who said she needed to bring her "service" dog to Disney because she was too afraid to fly without her. Then she proceeded to post pictures celebrating her dog's birthday at Magic Kingdom. She didn't have an explanation as to why she had to take the dog to the parks too. I'm a dog fanatic but even I thought that was a bit much.

Yikes.

Good thing my brilliant border collie hasn't figured out how to use the internet, as there is no way I would take my dog to Disney to celebrate her birthday. shhh, she just had her 15th and I don't want her getting any ideas...

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is becoming a big problem for the cruise industry. A person with a "service dog" is covered by the ADA.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now ask me how I feel about ANY dogs in the grocery store.

Yeah, I just now saw some girl carrying a WMD around Costco.

(Worthless Miniature Dog)

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
[Political post deleted]

Last edited by a moderator:

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Yeah, I just now saw some girl carrying a WMD around Costco.

(Worthless Miniature Dog)

We call them "pretend dogs"

Cheers

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
What happens if someone is allergic to the dog/horse/etc? Will the airline move the allergic person or move the person w/pet?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
What happens if someone is allergic to the dog/horse/etc? Will the airline move the allergic person or move the person w/pet?

The pets get priority. It is a crazy world we live in.

My wife is terribly allergic to dogs and cats. Someone at her office started bringing in a service dog-in-training (puppy), and it was making her ill being exposed to it all day long. Nothing her employer could do, because service dogs (even in training) are protected and they couldn't ask the owner to stop bringing the dog into work.

Kurt

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

The pets get priority. It is a crazy world we live in.

My wife is terribly allergic to dogs and cats. Someone at her office started bringing in a service dog-in-training (puppy), and it was making her ill being exposed to it all day long. Nothing her employer could do, because service dogs (even in training) are protected and they couldn't ask the owner to stop bringing the dog into work.

Kurt

This is the only thing about this issue that really worries me. My husband is crazy-allergic to cats and after about 30 minutes of exposure, it triggers an asthma attack. It's scary to watch and goodness help us if he didn't have a rescue inhaler with him. So far we've only seen dogs so it hasn't been an issue. How can an emotional support animal trump someone's ability to breathe?

hvsteve1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just flew RT to Phoenix on Southwest and never saw so many dogs in the airport and on a flight. Some were in carriers and some had those little vests you get on line.