• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pelican resort MF bills can be $100 too high when you receive them

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't own at the Pelican Resort in St Maarten, but I received this in my e-mail and am forwarding it to any tuggers that might own there.

"We'll keep this short. If you own at Pelican, you either received this week or
are about to receive your annual maintenance fee bill. The AMF itself is 10%
higher than last year, and your bill will also include a supplemental
maintenance fee.

A letter accompanies the bill. The amount of the supplemental maintenance fee
noted in the letter may differ from the amount noted in the bill, in many cases.
Many Pelican timeshare owners have told us that the letter specified an amount
lower than they were billed. A call to ISCO told them the bill was wrong; it was
$100 too high.

Check your letter and your bill and verify what you owe if the billing figures
disagree. There is a good chance that doing that will save you about $100.

Much more is in this week's edition of our free Timesharing in St. Maarten Email
Forum. You can subscribe on our everythingstmaarten.com home page.

JMB Website Supporters "

yollygolly

Reaction score
Pelican resort MF bills $100 too high

Re: Increase in Annual Maintenance Fees and Supplemental for 2009

We have been going to the Pelican since 1993. We love the place and the people however, these increases are getting ridiculous...

Mistake in the bill you say, ha!: They are making more thank mistakes on the bill...

Many of the friends that I have met at the Pelican who have been going for as many years as we have are seriously considering selling their units regardless of how much we will get for them. We are lucky in that we have had the use of our units for 15 years.

Another couple that we know purchased on our recommendation 3 years ago. What a mistake that was...their maintenance fees including the supplement will total a 30% increase in fees in 3 years...does that make sense... I think not.

If the board thinks they are having difficulties paying the bills now and making sure they are accurate before sending them out to the owners...just watch the next few years...

Does anyone honestly think that what is going on in the US will not affect other countries like Canada and (the "Swiss Banks" who invested in US banks) and Europe...

I think the Pelican's Board of Directors needs to evaluate where the money is going, make some cutbacks on expenses, keep the bedspreads and mismatched curtains for another 3 years (we've had them for 20 according to the letter) so what's another 3 years????

The cost of going to St. Martin from Canada for 2 weeks/2 people is $4800.00 before we even leave our home. All inclusive(s) look very attractive to us now...

Hope to hear from other Pelican timeshare owners...