• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PediPaws-Pet nail trimmer

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Before I order this does anyone own one and does it work. It seems to be battery powered and mimics the Peticure. My little dog is so afraid of his nails being trimmed by the traditional nail clippers. Prices on ebay mirror the ad.

I hope it is ok to post the link. I don't sell them just want to know if the hype is true.

https://www.buypedipaws.com

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I would have your vet grind your dogs nails first to see how he reacts. A lot of dogs don't like grinding either.

rsnash

TUG Member
Reaction score
I talked to my dogs' groomer about it, well not this particular model, but the Pedicure one, or rather electric dog nail filers in general. Anyway, she said she does not recommend it for most dogs -- especially ones who are already very sensitive to having their nails trimmed. Think of it this way, when they are getting their nails cut by you, the groomer, or vet, it is pretty quick. Snip, snip, snip and done. With the filing appliances, each nail has to be held in the filer for many seconds. Your dog has to be very cooperative to use it.

That said, she said I was one of the few clients she would say has dogs who can handle it. They are not overly paw sensitive, and very gentle dogs who I can easily control and handle (miniature poodles). She also said that you should start by having their nails trimmed with a clipper and also, the filing needs to be done frequently. Not just once a month or so when they are groomed, but weekly.

I haven't bought one yet, but am considering it, cause when they jump on us, especially if dh is shirtless, their nails can scratch.

ouaifer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Nail grinders

I have been using a cordless Dremel tool to do my dogs nails every week for more than 6 years. This is the one I purchased. Just take your time, do not lose your patience, and all will be fine. It has 2 speeds, and comes with multiple attachements. I have only changed the drum once in 6+ years. The battery pack now needs to be recharged far more frequently....but, it is going on 7. Replacement parts, if ever needed can be found almost anywhere...it is a Dremel. Being cordless, it is very convenient.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Has anyone used these on cats? Nail trimming our 2 cats' claws is always a challenge in our house and requires the two of us. I've been thinking about getting one of these. Thanks.

Ingrid

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It looks and sounds like a device that would quickly end up in the drawer/cupboard with all the other new ideas that didn't work.
If a dog doesn't like its nails being clipped with conventional clippers I really can't see it being any keener on a device that takes longer and makes a noise. I can only see it being useable on a very complaint pooch, and if it's that compliant it will let you use normal clippers anyway.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Thanks for the links Wacky...if I decide to get one, will definitely go with the Dremel.

Ingrid

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
I also think I will try the Dremel. Thanks for the input and links.

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our problem is that the nails are black which makes staying out of the quick difficult even for our vet. Don't see how grinding would help this situation as some of the ads suggest.

mlbyron

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought the Peticure. It comes in 2 versions. My dog is small so I bought the less powerful one. She does not like clipping, the squishing is what she doesn't like. This grinding works fine for her. I use the dremel sanding disks.

Peticure also sells a head that fits a Dremel,for the person that already has one.
http://www.peticure-grooming.com/Peticure-Safe-Guard_p_0-14.html

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I have been using a cordless Dremel tool to do my dogs nails every week for more than 6 years. This is the one I purchased. Just take your time, do not lose your patience, and all will be fine. It has 2 speeds, and comes with multiple attachements. I have only changed the drum once in 6+ years. The battery pack now needs to be recharged far more frequently....but, it is going on 7. Replacement parts, if ever needed can be found almost anywhere...it is a Dremel. Being cordless, it is very convenient.

David (my DH) also uses a cordless dremel device to do Heidi's (the DDog) nails. She doesn't care for it much, but she sure doesn't mind it nearly as much as when someone would quick her with the nippers.

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband says his podiatrist uses a sanding device VERY similar to a Dremel on the callouses of his feet. He LOVES it!:banana:

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Update on Dremmel

I just wanted to thank you for the info on the Dremel 761-03. It does a good job and is better than the standard nail clippers that my little dog dreads. Bought it on Amazon as I could not find it in the stores. The grinding noise did not bother him and it leaves his nails smooth not jagged.

maxwelljohn

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
own buisness
Hi everyone

I am using URPOWER RECHARGEABLE PET NAIL GRINDER for my dog, but it seems he is not happy with it, I am looking for its replacement, please do suggest me some good dog nail clippers. My budget is no more than 100$.....

Thanks, best regards