• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PCB in early August

makersforme

Reaction score
According to https://www.pcbeach.org/news-article/panama-city-beach-chamber-coronavirus-covid-19-updates/ vacation rentals are open to people from states that have cases 500 Active cases/100,000 residents, or 750 Total cases/100,000 residents. I live in Southern Illinois and since we have the great pleasure of being ruined by Chicago, our numbers are at 660 per 100k as of today.

Is this being actively enforced?

We are still trying to decide if we want to make the trip. Bay County numbers lag behind the county I currently live in by a couple hundred and it has many less deaths than my county. Nursing homes got hit really hard here. Thoughts? We would also be traveling via a rental car so no telling the license plate I will be using.

Reaction score
I suggest you should call the resort direct to see what they say is going on right now in their area.

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I find it pretty ironic that a city in FL of all places is doing this. Are they going to restrict their own residents?

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I would avoid FL altogether right now. The number of confirmed positive cases are a downright joke compared to the real number. You literally can't get tested here in Tampa unless you are REALLY sick. My husband had a small cough (prob from allergies) and had to quarantine for 14 days with no pay because he couldn't get a test to prove he didn't have it. He tried for 2 weeks to get tested, but couldn't. Based on our death numbers and a 0.5% deathrate, we probably had about 35,000 actual cases per day 3-4 weeks ago. No way to know what its at now until the bodies pile up in 3-4 weeks. My guess based on how stupid people are acting here because its summer and WDW just reopened, the real FL number is probably around 45,000 cases per day right now.

Also, Houston has already started triaging people (letting the weak/elderly just die without treating them) and Florida isn't far behind that scenario with [the Governor] forcing schools to open in 2 weeks, so if you catch anything while your here, there may not be enough space in the ICU nearby because PCB isn't near a big city.

Last edited by a moderator:

makersforme

Reaction score
Leaning on cancelling but going to give it until Monday and call the resort. Been looking forward to this and we moved it once already

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I would avoid FL altogether right now. The number of confirmed positive cases are a downright joke compared to the real number. You literally can't get tested here in Tampa unless you are REALLY sick. My husband had a small cough (prob from allergies) and had to quarantine for 14 days with no pay because he couldn't get a test to prove he didn't have it. He tried for 2 weeks to get tested, but couldn't. Based on our death numbers and a 0.5% deathrate, we probably had about 35,000 actual cases per day 3-4 weeks ago. No way to know what its at now until the bodies pile up in 3-4 weeks. My guess based on how stupid people are acting here because its summer and WDW just reopened, the real FL number is probably around 45,000 cases per day right now.

Also, Houston has already started triaging people (letting the weak/elderly just die without treating them) and Florida isn't far behind that scenario with [the Governor] forcing schools to open in 2 weeks, so if you catch anything while your here, there may not be enough space in the ICU nearby because PCB isn't near a big city.

If OP catches something in PCB, he/she won't know it until he/she is back home. ICU space near PCB is irrelevant although the point is valid -- ICU space near home in So. Ill. will be what matters.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff

This report does not back up your triage statement.

They appear to have plenty of beds at the moment. Living in Dallas not Houston but I am not aware of people dieing in triage. Of course I could be wrong or perhaps it happened once and the media blew it up.

My sister lives in Florida and my niece is a nurse in the Covid unit. They are cautious and concerned and take precautions but not panicked. Non of my family in Florida had contradicted Covid

My daughter and one cousin in Texas have both recovered from it and I have two cousins in South Carolina that had it and recovered also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II

This report does not back up your triage statement.

They appear to have plenty of beds at the moment. Living in Dallas not Houston but I am not aware of people dieing in triage. Of course I could be wrong or perhaps it happened once and the media blew it up.

My sister lives in Florida and my niece is a nurse in the Covid unit. They are cautious and concerned and take precautions but not panicked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The county judge (chief officer in the local government) of Starr County, a small county on the Texas-Mexico border, was quoted as saying that their one and only hospital was so crowded that the doctors would soon need to decide which patients to send home to die in the presence of their loved ones. That’s quite a distance from Houston, though.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Very hard to believe any news you hear from either side nowadays. Just as likely to hear the real facts at your local bar. Not trying to bait anyone or either side just think it's sad we don't have "news" anymore, it's all spin.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
You may be able to come to Florida but when you go home, you will have to Quarantine for 14 days. I’m surprised at Tampa not having Covid Tests available. In the Orlando Area there are many testing spots. You don’t even have to have symptoms to get tested.
Wear masks and stay safe.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
What state do you live in? Is it over their acceptable limits? If so stay home. No one cares from what part of the state you are from. Maybe jail time should be handed out.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
No one cares from what part of the state you are from.
In this case they do because Chicago has a travel quarantine in place, but the state of Illinois as a whole does not.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
In this case they do because Chicago has a travel quarantine in place, but the state of Illinois as a whole does not.
But what does Florida and bay county have? I would error on the side of locking people up for the greater good even if you mean no harm.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
But what does Florida and bay county have? I would error on the side of locking people up for the greater good even if you mean no harm.
Florida may still have a restriction on tri-State travelers (NY, CT, and NJ, which seems crazy to me given their reversals in outcomes since that restriction was first imposed), but nothing on Illinois. There is no limitation on a traveler from a non-Chicago area of Illinois to any area of Florida.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just returned from 5 weeks in Florida. Every single day there were signs for COVID testing sites. I didn't actually try to get tested mind you, but it sure seemed like they were available including in the Southest counties (Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach) that are the supposed hot spot.

We had a great trip, never encountered the supposed jammed packed beaches that the news keeps spouting, and none of us have gotten sick. I would return to Florida right now if I could.

makersforme

Reaction score
I live in Illinois...St. Clair County in Southwest Illinois. According to John Hopkins Covid tracker, St. Clair county has 3152 positives and 153 deaths. Bay County in Florida has 2972 and 15 deaths. It is likely safer for me to be in PCB than my own town. According to our Emergency Management Agency as of yesterday St. Clair county had about 1000 active cases out of about 260,000 people. If I need to be in public while at home I am responsible and wear a mask. I plan on doing the same thing in Florida when I can't socially distance my family.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just returned from 5 weeks in Florida. Every single day there were signs for COVID testing sites. I didn't actually try to get tested mind you, but it sure seemed like they were available including in the Southest counties (Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach) that are the supposed hot spot.

We had a great trip, never encountered the supposed jammed packed beaches that the news keeps spouting, and none of us have gotten sick. I would return to Florida right now if I could.
Count yourself as one of the lucky ones. A guy I work with went to Orlando with his wife and kids. The whole family all came home sick with COVID-19. Its been 3 weeks now and he is still out sick.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Count yourself as one of the lucky ones. A guy I work with went to Orlando with his wife and kids. The whole family all came home sick with COVID-19. Its been 3 weeks now and he is still out sick.
That's why if the meeting is still in Clearwater, we are pretty much staying in the room. We'll have groceries delivered and eat in. I am more than ok with hanging out on the balcony and watching the waves, and absorbing some vitamin D and sea air. With that said, the case count isn't as high or moving as fast in Pinellas county as it is in Orange County.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's why if the meeting is still in Clearwater, we are pretty much staying in the room. We'll have groceries delivered and eat in. I am more than ok with hanging out on the balcony and watching the waves, and absorbing some vitamin D and sea air. With that said, the case count isn't as high or moving as fast in Pinellas county as it is in Orange County.
Our last trip was 3/7-14 in Vegas for a work expo. Luckily we got home with no problems. Other then work we have stayed at home and went back to hiking and biking in the parks nearby. No graduation parties, vacations or dining out. Only one of us will go out to shop for groceries. I wouldn't think of traveling by train or plane maybe by car but I would not travel to a area that is spiking. IMHO its just not worth the risk of getting sick and not being able to get home.

Last edited:

makersforme

Reaction score
I cancelled the reservation yesterday. Wife called me from work and said the doctor she works for told her if she went she would have to quarantine for 14 days before coming back to work. She doesn't have that much paid time off and not worth losing out on her salary for 2 weeks.

Booked a condo in Lake Lure, NC so we will spend our week playing in the lake and walking trails in the mountains.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I cancelled the reservation yesterday. Wife called me from work and said the doctor she works for told her if she went she would have to quarantine for 14 days before coming back to work. She doesn't have that much paid time off and not worth losing out on her salary for 2 weeks.

Booked a condo in Lake Lure, NC so we will spend our week playing in the lake and walking trails in the mountains.
Good decision.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.

Did you social distance and wear a mask.?

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you social distance and wear a mask.?

Yes. Always a mask in the stores or entering and exiting restaurants, etc.

We went to 12 or so different beaches, never had trouble finding room to sit at least 6 feet apart, even on July 4th.

Did a kayak tour at Biscayne National Park and it was only my family of 4 and the guide.

Did an airboat tour at the Everglades- the boat was maybe half full, so no problem distancing.

Went to a couple different outlet malls. All the stores were enforcing capacity limits and mandatory masks.

We had a great trip. I would absolutely go back tomorrow. Life is full of risks, as long as you take the appropriate precautions I have no issue with traveling right now.