• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Paymentus May Payments

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have seen a few comments about May auto payments not processing. Well mine did but it is $103 lower than it is suppose to be.

I tried calling Wyndham Financials, and after all the prompts it disconnects me. I tried this 3 times and it disconnected me every time. Any ideas?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
It rarely makes sense when I happen to look, but here's what it shows for my May (on autopay):

1684508666381.png

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It rarely makes sense when I happen to look, but here's what it shows for my May (on autopay):

View attachment 76802

It is confusing because it shows each portion of the total payment by account. So there is an account for each property for each PIC week, for program fees etc. I have 10 entries that make up my entire balance do.

Here is my total statement. My normal payment total is $609.93. No idea where they got 599.79 as previous payment or how they got 503.71 as balance due.

1684510651961.png

Attachments

• 1684510477955.png
    1684510477955.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 6

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
We saw some complaints about this on the FB Wyndham forums as well. We (@Richelle and I) reported these issues to Wyndham earlier this week.

Wyndham reported back that there was an issue and their processor with missed or incomplete Auto Pay payments between May 12-14. These will be remediated after the fact. If you saw issues outside of this date range - please post back your reported issue in this thread.

Fortunately my payment processed on 5/11 and therefore it was correct. That said, for those like me who use the Wyndham Rewards Earners cards for MF auto-pay, you may also have noticed that the issue of not receiving the proper WR points multiplier recurred this month. This seems to be tied to the fact that the Merchant name was changed from Club Wyndham Plus to Shell Vacation Club this month - even though you're not a SVC owner (which I'm personally not). This is also under investigation due to a system issue and Wyndham is working on remediating this reported issue.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The numbers I see in paymentus are all over the map, but I have consistently paid 609.93 since the new year. This May payment was the first that was lower than that, and it processed yesterday. So I assume there are still issues over at Paymentus.

In previous months it did not charge the Total Due amount like in the image above, but it always charged the Other Charges amount. However whatever they FIXED, broke something else, and it charged me the Total Due. Never been able to figure out what the $ are for on the Paymentus statement. I could never figure it out.

Here is what hit my CC and these are what I was expecting, until May's payment which was lower than expected.
1684511269839.png

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
This seems to be tied to the fact that the Merchant name was changed from Club Wyndham Plus to Shell Vacation Club this month - even though you're not a SVC owner (which I'm personally not). This is also under investigation due to a system issue and Wyndham is working on remediating this reported issue.
This must have flipped as of a certain date, because my autopay came out May 7 correctly as Club Wyndham Plus.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
There's someone on Facebook who just talked to Wyndham about a similar problem and was told that her account is labeled "mismatched balance" and is under review. I just kind of liked the term "mismatched balance" - though it's concerning that this is so widespread that Wyndham has a name for it.

rongina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Canterbury and Wyndham Park City
Our Club Wyndham monthly payment posted to my credit card on May 17 and mysteriously referenced “Shell Vacation Club”.

troy12n

Reaction score
My payment hit May 5 like it always does and it was the correct amount.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
This must have flipped as of a certain date, because my autopay came out May 7 correctly as Club Wyndham Plus.
From what we see so far in this thread - the reported issue did not start until 5/12 per Wyndham’s guidance. I had the correct amount but the wrong Merchant name and my billing occurred on 5/11. It seems there are two issues in play. The amount for some, and the merchant name for those who use the WR Earners card, and potentially for anyone using a credit card regardless of the card type.

Last edited:

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Hurricane House in Sanibel Island (managed by Hilton
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
I don't get billed until the 27th so its gonna be interesting this go round. Eventually, our current world is headed to all contracted services and we will be saying, "but the salesman said....."!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Our Club Wyndham monthly payment posted to my credit card on May 17 and mysteriously referenced “Shell Vacation Club”.
What credit card do you use? The WR Earners card or another card?

rongina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Another card.

rongina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I use Amex for the Club Wyndham monthly fees.
What credit card do you use? The WR Earners card or another card?
I use Amex for Club Wyndham monthly fees.

randyz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have seen a few comments about May auto payments not processing. Well mine did but it is $103 lower than it is suppose to be.

I tried calling Wyndham Financials, and after all the prompts it disconnects me. I tried this 3 times and it disconnected me every time. Any ideas?
Myself and others posted on this problem going back many months (probably January). I started getting calls August 2022 about an overdue account, which never made sense since I was on autopay. Kept getting told they would look into it but never got an answer just more overdue payment demands. Finally, after freezing my account, this got resolved in January/February 2023. However, just got another demand last week. Once again they could see the autopay's so they could not explain the overdue status, it has once again gone to remediation of some sort. The only way to deal with this was to talk to them directly. Unlike August/September 2022, they all seem to be aware there has been issues with paymentus, so all my recent talks have been productive.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Seems most every one has issues with Paymentus, or Wyndham's implementation of Paymentus. Here's mine.

The Accounts page has one contract, a Shell contract that has been sold. Nothing about Wyndham contracts (I have seven). I called Financial Services, spoke to a gal there, and explained the problem. She promised to look into it. A week or so later, I tried to check payment info on Paymentus, but could no longer log in.

One of these days, I'll call again and try to find out what's up. It hasn't been a matter of urgency because the data on Paymentus are mostly corrupt.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Seems most every one has issues with Paymentus, or Wyndham's implementation of Paymentus. Here's mine.

The Accounts page has one contract, a Shell contract that has been sold. Nothing about Wyndham contractscontracts (I have seven). I called Financial Services, spoke to a gal there, and explained the problem. She promised to look into it. A week or so later, I tried to check payment info on Paymentus, but could no longer log in.

One of these days, I'll call again and try to find out what's up. It hasn't been a matter of urgency because the data on Paymentus are mostly corrupt.
I have a developer purchased CWA contract and 2 resale contracts. Only the CWA account is listed on Paymentus. The payment history is the only tab that shows correct information with my member number and my total monthly MF amount. The billing tab with the MF monthly payment is about $500 off and there is no information at all on the autopay tab. I haven’t called since the monthly payment has been correct. As long as the payment is made every month, it’s just not worth my time. They have known how f*d up that has been since the initial implementation. It’s inconceivable to me that they haven’t done an audit of each account to verify and correct the errors. They put it on us, the owners, to call them, tell them what is wrong with each account, them the correct information which they then must verify before correcting their errors. That’s a ridiculous way to do business and a terrible way to treat your customers!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
The paymentus has been such a mess from day one. It was a poor decision to move to a new system. I had to change my sec code and expiry date of my CC on the website, and I don't even know if it changed on both of our accounts. We will soon know. I am sure Wyndham won't waste any time sending me a late payment notice with extra fees.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I have a developer purchased CWA contract and 2 resale contracts. Only the CWA account is listed on Paymentus. The payment history is the only tab that shows correct information with my member number and my total monthly MF amount. The billing tab with the MF monthly payment is about $500 off and there is no information at all on the autopay tab. I haven’t called since the monthly payment has been correct. As long as the payment is made every month, it’s just not worth my time. They have known how f*d up that has been since the initial implementation. It’s inconceivable to me that they haven’t done an audit of each account to verify and correct the errors. They put it on us, the owners, to call them, tell them what is wrong with each account, them the correct information which they then must verify before correcting their errors. That’s a ridiculous way to do business and a terrible way to treat your customers!

Agree 100% except for the part about correcting errors, which has not yet been part of my enhanced on-line experience.

I can hardly wait to see what the next four days brings us! Or, in the immortal words of Merle Haggard, "I can stand it but I can't hardly!" (from Blues For Dixie on A Working Man Can't Get Nowhere Today )

Mr. Phil

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HHI
When Paymentus initially came out out a few issues and they admitted errors can occur. Just call Wyndham Financial and clear up in a few minutes. Stop complaining and be pro-active. A phone call does wonders.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
When Paymentus initially came out out a few issues and they admitted errors can occur. Just call Wyndham Financial and clear up in a few minutes. Stop complaining and be pro-active. A phone call does wonders.
You and I obviously have a different definition of "pro-active". How is it being pro-active for a customer to have to call when a company knows there are large numbers of errors following an "update"?

If you read this forum, or any other forum on the internet, you know that complaining is pretty close to the top of the list of reasons for posting. If you don't want to read my complaints, I suggest you hit the Ignore button beside my name. Don't try to tell me what I should or should not post.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

WRONG!!

It hasn't worked that way and it doesn't work that way. Phone calls don't do wonders. At best, phone calls result in tickets to IT, which seemingly go into a black hole.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
WRONG!!

It hasn't worked that way and it doesn't work that way. Phone calls don't do wonders. At best, phone calls result in tickets to IT, which seemingly go into a black hole.
That is SO TRUE! Wyndham invented the black hole with their IT tickets. I cannot log into my account and still use our son's account, and even at that, I can only see one of our two accounts with his log-in, and Wyndham doesn't care one bit. No sympathy at all from Owner Care. They are paid to answer the phone and get you off of the phone.

Mr. Phil

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HHI
WRONG!!

Totally disagree. Call Financial Services, NOT the customer Service number

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
The paymentus has been such a mess from day one. It was a poor decision to move to a new system. I had to change my sec code and expiry date of my CC on the website, and I don't even know if it changed on both of our accounts. We will soon know. I am sure Wyndham won't waste any time sending me a late payment notice with extra fees.

If you did that within 10 days of when the payment is scheduled, keep an eye on your credit card account to make sure it went through. You may have to go back into Paymentus and make a one time payment for this month. That may kick out your automatic payment so check it to see if you have to set up the automatic payment again after you do the one time payment.