• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Paying for a late checkout?

peppymom03

Reaction score
We have a 1030pm flight going home from Orlando. Do the resorts allow you to saty past the late checkout? If so any idea of the charge?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never seen one allow you to stay past at a MVCI resort. The ones I have been to allow you to stay on the property and use it, and they hold your luggage if needed too.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Your only real option is to book a single night with cash or points. Staying that late would possibly prevent someone else from being able to checkin to that same villa.

Chrispee

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m currently at the Kauai Beach Club, and they are offering the possibility of a 6pm checkout for $125 (pending availability).

drlee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Late flights is a common thing in Hawaii. The resorts allow you to use the property, but store your luggage (or you can put it in your car if you wish). We have stayed at several Florida timeshares with the same policy. The Kauai policy mentioned above is the only one I've ever heard of that allows you to "buy" late checkout, "pending availability". I also wonder how that impacts people checking in or room changes, which are waiting to get into their rooms. Also, if you're checked out, your room-charge privileges will likely need an update (the front desk can give you a card)

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
I’m currently at the Kauai Beach Club, and they are offering the possibility of a 6pm checkout for $125 (pending availability).

Interesting. At every MVCI we've been to, none have allowed late checkout. Although, most if not all will hold your luggage if you want to stay on property and enjoy amenities until you leave for your flights.

I bet the $125 late checkout fee at KBC is perhaps cheapest daily rate for a small hotel parlor/studio, assuming they have 1 available. KBC has hotel and timeshare, perhaps that is why they allow late-checkout (at a fee)?

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just plan on leaving at 10 as scheduled and spend an entire day at the resort or parks or whatever. If you need a shower or change of clothes you can always return to the resort and use the fitness center showers (assuming they have them).

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Some of the Hawaii properties offer owners lounges where you can also hang out for a late flight. This was great at Kalanipu'u. We used it for much of the afternoon while waiting for our late evening flight. The only problem was that the men's room toilet was completely stopped up :(, yuck! And I didn't do IT!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
We've been offered late checkout in the Spanish MVC resorts, often till around 16:00 which typically suits our flight arrangements. Never received one at a US MVCI, just the offer to use their storage facilities.