• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Party goer who attended the now infamous Lake of the Ozarks pool party has tested positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
One partygoer that have tested positive for coronavirus could spread the virus to family, friends and coworkers correct?

Maybe, the person who sanctioned this party could be held liable.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
One partygoer that have tested positive for coronavirus could spread the virus to family, friends and coworkers correct?

I'm not sure if your post is "tongue-in-cheek" Pedro!

geekette

Reaction score

I believe I read an interview with the facility owner. Said something along the lines of it being about personal responsibility. He didn't try to limit occupancy, did not try to institute social distancing measures. I do understand that it's not feasible for any business to really Impose social distancing because people do what people do, but, I would have at least taken a stab at limiting the ability of hundreds to mix n mingle.

It's going to be far too difficult for anyone to declare "I picked up the virus here at this day and time". I am with that owner as far as "a reasonable person would be aware of the risks and choose accordingly." I would be more concerned about workers forced to toil in unsafe environments. Those are the folks I would see suing, not customers.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if your post is "tongue-in-cheek" Pedro!
I used the word maybe. I feel Partygoers and business must take some responsibility in controlling this coronavirus.

In the Commonwealth of Virginia by Executive Order from the Governor , this type of activity is limited to no more than ten (10) at any one place; with social distancing of six (6) feet. This party had more than ten (10) at this party. Plus, there were no social distancing.
IMO.

Last edited:

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
I used the word maybe. I feel Partygoers and business must take some responsibility in controlling this coronavirus.

In the Commonwealth of Virginia by Executive Order from the Governor , this type of activity is limited to no more than ten (10) at any one place; with social distancing of six (6) feet. This party had more than ten (10) at this party. Plus, there were no social distancing.
IMO.

I agree that both the partiers and business operators must take responsibility. I don't agree that lawsuits should ensue from those who can trace their covid case to this gathering. It was their decision to attend and mingle 6 inches apart.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a token of 'karma' here. That those who attended said pool party or Florida Spring Break beach somehow deserve to be sick. It's sad that anyone get sick as a result of their actions. Even sadder when people who are knowingly contagious consciously expose others. I will hold that this exposed person has no clue where or from whom they were infected. That's the nature of this disease.

So it's up to each of us. Individually. If you don't want to catch it. Stay home and away from people. If you don't know whether you are contagious, stay home and away from people. NOBODY is going to take ANY responsibility if you get sick. Governments and businesses want to open because they want your money. NOT BECAUSE IT'S SAFE.

Jim

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a token of 'karma' here. That those who attended said pool party or Florida Spring Break beach somehow deserve to be sick. It's sad that anyone get sick as a result of their actions. Even sadder when people who are knowingly contagious consciously expose others. I will hold that this exposed person has no clue where or from whom they were infected. That's the nature of this disease.

So it's up to each of us. Individually. If you don't want to catch it. Stay home and away from people. If you don't know whether you are contagious, stay home and away from people. NOBODY is going to take ANY responsibility if you get sick. Governments and businesses want to open because they want your money. NOT BECAUSE IT'S SAFE.

Jim
In the end we are all responsible for ourselves. Governments and businesses want to open because they need your money to survive. Many want businesses to open because they want and need their products. No businesses are forcing anyone to patronize their establishments, safe or not. The remains the customers choice should the business be open.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
In the end we are all responsible for ourselves. Governments and businesses want to open because they need your money to survive. Many want businesses to open because they want and need their products. No businesses are forcing anyone to patronize their establishments, safe or not. The remains the customers choice should the business be open.
Responsibility for ourselves also carries over to responsibility for others.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I can see the health officials getting a court order for his credit card receipts for that weekend and the contact tracing begins. These people should have a big henna "S" put on their foreheads fore the next two weeks. I'll let you choose an appropriate meaning for the initial.

Better yet, use ninhydrin to make the mark.

Last edited:

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Responsibility for ourselves also carries over to responsibility for others.
In theory yes however, I will trust one person in the end for my safety.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I believe I read an interview with the facility owner. Said something along the lines of it being about personal responsibility. He didn't try to limit occupancy, did not try to institute social distancing measures. I do understand that it's not feasible for any business to really Impose social distancing because people do what people do, but, I would have at least taken a stab at limiting the ability of hundreds to mix n mingle.

It's going to be far too difficult for anyone to declare "I picked up the virus here at this day and time". I am with that owner as far as "a reasonable person would be aware of the risks and choose accordingly." I would be more concerned about workers forced to toil in unsafe environments. Those are the folks I would see suing, not customers.
IMHO, personal responsibility would include the owner taking responsibility to provide a safe environment. If he can't, or won't ,do that, how is he being a responsible business man?

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I don't want to put myself in a position where I may be bringing something back to the rest of my family.
That's what these chowder-heads should have stopped to consider.

Reactions: jme

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
That's what these chowder-heads should have stopped to consider.
That would have required a thought process. If they think about it at all I bet their thought is "It won't happen to me." "It's just the flu." "There is a 99% survival rate." And back to "It won't happen to me."

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't want to put myself in a position where I may be bringing something back to the rest of my family.
Nor do I.

By the way, don't ever question my decisions and/or if you think they're responsible or not, based on whatever definition you have of responsible. I would never question yours and expect the same consideration. With that in mind, I think we're done.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Nor do I.

By the way, don't ever question my decisions and/or if you think they're responsible or not, based on whatever definition you have of responsible. I would never question yours and expect the same consideration. With that in mind, I think we're done.
I never questioned your decisions. And you're right, we're done.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
That would have required a thought process. If they think about it at all I bet their thought is "It won't happen to me." "It's just the flu." "There is a 99% survival rate." And back to "It won't happen to me."

Don't forget "Just wash your hands a lot!"

geekette

Reaction score
IMHO, personal responsibility would include the owner taking responsibility to provide a safe environment. If he can't, or won't ,do that, how is he being a responsible business man?
I'm with you on that, I am almost always on the side of the worker. I would personally quit a job that was unsafe to my health, but not everyone has such easy ability to walk out and replace with other work. I hope workers do speak up about bad conditions. I would rather spend with businesses that care about their workers.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Governments and businesses want to open because they want your money. NOT BECAUSE IT'S SAFE.
Never, at any point in time in history, has anything in our lives been completely safe. We all need to decide what level of risk we take with anything we do, and then take personal responsibility for our choices.

Kurt

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I can see the health officials getting a court order for his credit card receipts for that weekend and the contact tracing begins. These people should have a big henna "S" put on their foreheads fore the next two weeks. I'll let you choose an appropriate meaning for the initial.
Yes, by all means, let's start branding people with a symbol of shame if they have done anything that is looked down upon by the morality police.

If you have ever smoked in your life: you get branded.
If you are overweight: you get branded.
If you have ever driven a vehicle over the speed limit: you get branded.
If you have ever had unprotected sex: you get branded.
If you hoarded TP or food during this pandemic: you get branded.

Is this what society has come to? Good grief.

Kurt

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Yes, by all means, let's start branding people with a symbol of shame if they have done anything that is looked down upon by the morality police.

Kurt
You don't think this happens?

And what about

If you are cautious, you get branded.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score

Kurt
Simply a different definition of the scarlet letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.