• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Party goer who attended the now infamous Lake of the Ozarks pool party has tested positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I could have said the last 500,000 or any other number. The point is that we seem to be cherry picking

How would you choose?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I could have said the last 500,000 or any other number. The point is that we seem to be cherry picking
Correct. Because media only publishes articles that are meant to "shock" people. They rarely publish articles that report on plain, old, boring data -- you know, stuff that could be used by a reasonably intelligent person to form an opinion of their own.

Kurt

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Correct. Because media only publishes articles that are meant to "shock" people. They rarely publish articles that report on plain, old, boring data -- you know, stuff that could be used by a reasonably intelligent person to form an opinion of their own.

Kurt

Nonsense. The information is out there, you just need to ignore the spin.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I wonder if the media will report that covid 19 does spread through activities like protesting. It seems that singing at church is a concern because of aerosols released by singing. I think screaming releases more aerosols than singing. I support the right for peaceful protest but now feel peaceful protests should require masks and social distancing techniques. That being said, I don't like crowds so I wouldn't be at a protest anyway.

Bill

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I wonder if the media will report that covid 19 does spread through activities like protesting. It seems that singing at church is a concern because of aerosols released by singing. I think screaming releases more aerosols than singing. I support the right for peaceful protest but now feel peaceful protests should require masks and social distancing techniques. That being said, I don't like crowds so I wouldn't be at a protest anyway.

Bill

Of course. I saw many protesters on the news wearing masks (and many not). There’s no doubt it will cause more infections.

There were also peaceful protests that had social distancing in place today.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nonsense. The information is out there, you just need to ignore the spin.
Of course the data is out there -- did I indicate otherwise? :ponder: But the media does not report the raw, non-spun data. They mostly just create "shocking" headline stories which, when taken as a whole, paints a significantly different picture than what is really happening. I'm surprised that you disagree with that. (well, actually not...)

Kurt

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
my guess if one person has it now, more have it and are asymptomatic, or others have yet to come down with it. Given transmission rates, I assume it will not be just 1.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Of course the data is out there -- did I indicate otherwise? :ponder: But the media does not report the raw, non-spun data. They mostly just create "shocking" headline stories which, when taken as a whole, paints a significantly different picture than what is really happening. I'm surprised that you disagree with that. (well, actually not...)

Kurt

You conveniently neglected to mention that the info was “out there”. I’m not defending dramatic headlines...did I indicate otherwise? :ponder: Still, it’s interesting that you think you know what I would think on this topic...perhaps you shouldn’t stereotype anyone, eh?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You conveniently neglected to mention that the info was “out there”. I’m not defending dramatic headlines...did I indicate otherwise?
Yes, you did indicate otherwise -- you responded, saying my post was "nonsense". I didn't realize I needed to specify that the data is out there -- I thought a reasonable person would know that. I guess I am not dealing with a reasonable person. Done here.

Kurt

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Yes, you did indicate otherwise -- you responded, saying my post was "nonsense". I didn't realize I needed to specify that the data is out there -- I thought a reasonable person would know that. I guess I am not dealing with a reasonable person. Done here.

Kurt

Your post WAS nonsense, since the info is out there and you didn’t bother to say that it simply wasn’t in a format that you preferred.

Now who is reasonable? Jeez...

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Most of the Postings in this thread are nonsense. The interesting thing is that I have not seen any articles saying there was a large outbreak traced back to this resort/person. So it is not News if we only have this one case and we do not know where that person got the Covid19.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
y." I would be more concerned about workers forced to toil in unsafe environments. Those are the folks I would see suing, not customers.
My MiL has lived at the lake for over 20 years, in fact we are at her house right now. She knows the owner. He let ALL the employees choose to work or not- no grief nor penalties if they chose not. Also need to understand after weeks of scrimping by wait staff can make in a weekend like this what the unemployment checks give in two weeks. And the season has already been shortened. I think the owner should have limited amount of people allowed in.
As someone who lived full-time on the Lake of the Ozarks, for 5 years (owned the condo there for13 years before selling it), I can say that this was the norm for Memorial Day Weekend at the Lake. People lose all common sense on every weekend from Memorial Day to Labor Day. We never took our boats out on a weekend. Before we retired, our favorite time to go to the Lake was the week after Labor Day.

Since the bars and restaurants opened for Memorial Day weekend, I was not surprised - the folks from Chicago, St. Louis, and Kansas City inundate the area. During the off-season, the 50,000 or so folks who live in the area year round do not act this way - it is the weekenders that cause problems.
very true! We took pontoon out yesterday and not too bad. But holiday weekends are brutal. We have friends who have a house right by Frankie&Louies. Usually we’d stop and go have a beer there- not this year unless it’s weekday not weekend. And too many of the places we liked have installed these stupid swim bars.
Most of the Postings in this thread are nonsense. The interesting thing is that I have not seen any articles saying there was a large outbreak traced back to this resort/person. So it is not News if we only have this one case and we do not know where that person got the Covid19.
The news has been reporting times and places this person was at. Apparently had symptoms Sunday and still went out. THAT shouldn’t have happened.
And the update on the stylist is so far they’ve tested over 40 of her clients and no positives- national news? Not so much. Heck they can’t even be bothered to follow up with Dr Fair fellow passengers after claiming CV19+ (after 4 negative tests) was infected via his eyes. Notice the news media in that case also ignored or glossed over he went out to a grocery store as well :rolleyes:

geekette

Reaction score
...Heck they can’t even be bothered to follow up with Dr Fair fellow passengers after claiming CV19+ (after 4 negative tests) was infected via his eyes. Notice the news media in that case also ignored or glossed over he went out to a grocery store as well

I saw an interview this "virus hunter" from his home, after returning from the hospital. Grocery store was not in his narrative. He apparently usually was wearing goggles, he mentioned being upset he didn't have them for that flight. I am not sure if he ever contracted any of those other illnesses he studied around the world.

The eye sockets are indeed an inlet for disease. I trust him to know better about when he let his defenses down than any interviewer. I heard him say "I believe" vs state as fact that no doubt the virus was on the plane and made it to his eyeballs. I'm sure we will hear more from him once he is recovered.

Did you wonder why face shields are being used? To protect the eyes from incoming.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The interesting thing is that I have not seen any articles saying there was a large outbreak traced back to this resort/person...

I noticed that. But absent contact tracing, would we really know?
The issue is more about risk taking.
The process of thinning the herd is most often led by the idjits.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh my. Gosh, I’m so sorry it wasn’t clear.

The short answer is: use your common sense. ;)

A longer answer is: The key variables to keep in mind to limit the spread are time, distance, and the number of people in the vicinity. So if you are able to minimize exposure by removing your mask to eat or drink and wear it when not, even when at a restaurant, then you will help lower the transmission rate. Of course, you need to be physically distant from others outside your household, the restaurant needs to have strict procedures on safety (fwiw, this is an area I worry about since I think it will be difficult for them to adhere to them), and it’s always best to not be inside and if you do then there should be good ventilation (not A/C).

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. We welcome all questions on TUG! :)

Oh my gosh, Ken. Somehow I knew you would take on the cause from... well you understand I'm sure.

Indulge me just a moment if you will.

Fact is, many of those you may dine with, have little or no common sense or basic manners. Should you be out dining and grow tired of raising and lowering your mask of invincibility for each and every bite or swallow, you're now vulnerable to infection. During that time, a member of the party sitting just a few tables away or perhaps closer, is suddenly overcome with the urge to sneeze, which we've all encountered at some point in life, and being unable to contain the urge, does so with some or perhaps a great deal of force. Those droplets or particles are now headed in your direction at speeds up to 100 miles per hour. Within just fractions of a second they encounter you. As you don't have your fabric over your mouth and/or nose you are, well, you understand.

Of course the current ideology is that they should have had their mask on in order to prevent such an occurrence in the first place. That is the thinking at this point, isn't it? Of course, being unable to pass food or drink through the fabric, unfortunately they had their fabric down or off, whatever the case. Of course we both know that not all food establishments have "good ventilation" and as far as being outside, what should we do with all the calm days and insufficient movement of air?

As you said, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. We welcome all questions on TUG! :) ;)

geekette

Reaction score

Kurt

Not sure what media you are referring to. I am seeing data all the time. Do number of tests, number of positives, number of deaths not count as raw, non-spun data? A quick look at my local news, 2 different channels/sites, tells me overnight how many people were shot, how many were killed, the armed robber on the loose, and another deadly house fire. I am fairly certain that these things actually happened, as both sites are reporting same info. There were protests here, I didn't bother to read those stories, I saw the info on 11 pm news last night, and the very empty circle down town by then, with a few minor incidents ongoing.

If you are running across only shocking headline stories, shop around. The Media is not some giant monolith but hundreds or thousands of different sources.

geekette

Reaction score
....He let ALL the employees choose to work or not- no grief nor penalties if they chose not.

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed to see this morning - the good guys, caring about people over profits. I know they are out there.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of course. I saw many protesters on the news wearing masks (and many not). There’s no doubt it will cause more infections.

There were also peaceful protests that had social distancing in place today.

Lock up the protestors not social distancing. But same in a lot of places, they get a pass as the police do not want to engage.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lock up the protestors not social distancing. But same in a lot of places, they get a pass as the police do not want to engage.
The police don’t want to engage? Google the video of the young black man with a mask, hands up and backing away and a cop walked up, PULLED HIS MASK DOWN and pepper sprayed his eyes. Or the numerous ones of police shooting rubber bullets at clearly identified press corps.
And ask yourself just how desperate you must feel to protest during these times? Note I’m talking about the Peaceful protests -of which there were many-and in cases where the peaceful protestors have left before the destructive anarchists showed up (but that also doesn’t fit the narrative of many).

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Those droplets or particles are now headed in your direction at speeds up to 100 miles per hour. Within just fractions of a second they encounter you.
Of course the current ideology is that they should have had their mask on in order to prevent such an occurrence in the first plac
Don’t forget the eyes! Apparently you can have one of the worlds only known cases of infection through the eyes! (Despite 4 negative tests, experts saying it was rare, and everyone wearing masks on the plane)

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don’t forget the eyes! Apparently you can have one of the worlds only known cases of infection through the eyes! (Despite 4 negative tests, experts saying it was rare, and everyone wearing masks on the plane)

I'm sure there is some ingenious entrepreneur somewhere working on the complete Covid 19 package that yes, includes safety goggles. We should soon be seeing a commercial with an over the hill, former pro athlete, hawking the product warning us to, "Don't Wait", "Call Now". :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.