• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Partner just not into Timesharing...

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Two things. Does your partner liked to travel to different places. Point #2, maybe a timeshare remind her of home. Liked cooking meals & fixing snacks, light cleaning and taking care of the two kids.

Suggestion only when cruising restart try a cruise with Royal Carribean, NCL or Disney. They all offer amazing and excellent children programs for children on a cruise. You, guys will have your day clear to enjoy the cruise and entertainment on the cruise ship. Plus, you could have a drink or too and relax on the ship.

Then try a timeshare vacation after a cruise to wand down after a cruise.

The OP, partner sound liked my deceased Mother in Law, she did not liked to travel anywhere. Her enjoyment was working in her garden, shopping with her two daughters, going to church and taking care of her hubby.

She did not liked to cook. She did enjoy taking care of her grandchildren.

To the OP, Good Luck.

Last edited:

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
This was the issue with my mom and camping, which was our vacation method in the 60s. My dad was the instigator and loved it, didn’t mind packing the car, putting up/taking down the tent, etc. For my mom, it was just more work than staying at home: cooking dinner on a Coleman stove or a grill grate, washing dishes by hand and spending the afternoon in a laundromat while Daddy took the three of us somewhere to have fun (our vacations were 3 weeks long). And we were a lot older than 8 and 4 - we were 11, 10, 9 when we started camping, so we were able to help out a lot more than OP’s kids can and had our assigned jobs on the trip.
I have to agree that camping is not my idea of a vacation either. I went once as a girl scout and vowed NEVER again. Being that close to nature and "roughing it" lacks the look, feel and vibe of a vacation getaway. For timeshares, I think the idea of having a kitchen makes people feel "obligated" to cook so it doesn't always feel like a vacation to them either. Some people rather have "standard hotel" accommodations. They prefer to go out for every meal and use the room for sleep and shower only. They don't have an appreciation or focus on the luxury of the space and surroundings. Personally, I don't really cook on vacation. I make quick meals and snacks. But order out a lot. I like having the conveniences of home in a resort surrounding. For those that know my posts, you know my umbrella drinks and jacuzzi tubs are my personal highlights. And kids having their own rooms instead of a bed next to mine is also icing on the cake!!! But I guess as much as I enjoy timeshares, I do realize that there are others who don't have the same appreciation as I and fellow TUG members do.