• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"Parking Pass" annoyance

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pacodemountainside

... Several months ago many Wyndham owners, myself included, got a similar letter saying pre-approved for $25K to make a Wyndham time share purchase. Just another scam.

No, the pre-approval letters are not scams. Do not know if you want to use it or not but the pre-approval is real. My wife got one not long ago.

RR:

Relax, kick back, turn on AC and have a cold beer. Here in Colorado with wild fires burning and record setting temperatures only way to survive.

I have no doubt Wyndham will honor the letter which I think stated like 15.9% interest and conditions and terms apply! They do a rough pre-screen at resort making one produce driver's license, show major credit card and state income. Just like they honor paying bribe to seduce you unto a sales pitch. Bottom line is they gottcha!

In my book it does not make a difference how they hog tie you to try and scam you into buying something for ten of thousands of dollars that is only worth a couple bucks, it is a scam.

As far as extending credit to anyone have you ever seen or heard of anyone refused financing on a time share with 20% down and 15.9% interest rate? As Main Man has said in financial analyst presentations foreclosures are not a problem. The minute an account is deliquent it is frozen. HOA maintains resort so there is no difference in units. Not like car or house where owner keeps using for several months and trashes.

Think the car dealer that offers a trade in(push, pull, drag) of say $4K for any vehicle put on his lot. Newspaper had dizzy blonde swinging chick haul a junker purchased for $100 bucks and sure enough they gave her voucher good for $4K trade in. She picked a blue super mobile and sales man said $29,995 less voucher. She declined and they told her to remove her trade in. That afternoon automotive editor came in and said no trade what is best price for same car. $25,495!

Cavet emptor!

GeorgeInNePa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Checked in yesterday at Old Town Alexandria, the parking pass routine was unload your car after check in, take stuff to the room and then come down to get "parking pass". They now have a 45 minute guarantee on the meeting and the offer was $125. We don't do the updates anywhere we own.

I watched a guy get a ticket a week ago in front of Old Town Alexandria because he parked his car in the loop in front of the hotel and the parking pass lady had him in there too long.

I asked the cop if I could park there while I went in to register and he said as long as someone, who could drive, remained with the car it would be ok.

When I went in, the other driver was still getting his "tour" set up.

Then he went out and found his ticket.

He came back in fuming...

The Manager told him "sorry, but can't help you."

Think he went to that sales pitch meeting?

rrlongwell

Reaction score
I watched a guy get a ticket a week ago in front of Old Town Alexandria because he parked his car in the loop in front of the hotel and the parking pass lady had him in there too long.

I asked the cop if I could park there while I went in to register and he said as long as someone, who could drive, remained with the car it would be ok.

When I went in, the other driver was still getting his "tour" set up.

Then he went out and found his ticket.

He came back in fuming...

The Manager told him "sorry, but can't help you."

Think he went to that sales pitch meeting?

Surprise, welcome to Wyndham Old Town Alexandria. Maybe the parking pass people should have bumped his incentive to cover the fine.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

You mean Alexandria city police are issuing parking tickets in Wyndham's driveway?

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
someone I know attempts to grab people at malls for Wyndham glacier Canyon. He gts $285 for everyone he sends there for a sales speils. That is why they don't give in so easily. The gifts come out of their earnings, but they don't pay full freight for those gifts.

I am curious at the people who said they just unplug the phone at Bonnet Creek. That is the only way to get internet connection there. We had no phone and no internet service when we checked in, none for three days.

they never did ask us to go on any survey or anything, just gave us the parking pass.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
You mean Alexandria city police are issuing parking tickets in Wyndham's driveway?

No sign of the police on Saturday around 3pm they would have had a field day as there had to be 4-5 cars when we pulled in.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt Wyndham will honor the letter which I think stated like 15.9% interest and conditions and terms apply! They do a rough pre-screen at resort making one produce driver's license, show major credit card and state income. Just like they honor paying bribe to seduce you unto a sales pitch. Bottom line is they gottcha!
It's legit. They actually look at your credit report before sending that letter. We have been applying for a mortgage refinance and had to explain in our application why our credit was checked...(did we apply for credit?). I told them it was Wyndham timeshare trying to get me to buy points - nuff said.