• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Parking fees at DVC WDW resorts?

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently heard that Disney is charging nightly rental guests parking fees at the hotels/resorts.
Does that hold true for DVC resorts or RCI exchanges? If so, how much do the charge?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
There is that $190 fee. It's actually not bad compared to Hilton's nightly charge, which gets you absolutely nothing.

Mowogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas; HGVC on Paradise; Bay Club at Waikoloa; Vacation Village Williamsburg; Sheraton Flex
There is that $190 fee. It's actually not bad compared to Hilton's nightly charge, which gets you absolutely nothing.
$190 for a week, when Hilton parses it out as $25 a day so it is $175 a week that really just covers parking. But even with the fee an exchange into DVC is still significantly cheaper than the cash rates to stay at the resort.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
The $190 also covers Magical Express transportation from the airport, which has some value if you are flying in.

Also, you get to park at the theme parks for free if staying at a DVC resort. Parking at the theme parks is $25 a day.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
We are DVC owners as well as done several exchanges in since parking fees were instituted. We’ve never been charged for parking or even asked about it.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
The $190 also covers Magical Express transportation from the airport, which has some value if you are flying in.
The $190 fee does not give an exchange guest anything that someone staying on an owner's points would not get, with one exception: the ability to call DVC Member Services directly rather than have the owner have to do it on your behalf. It's a nuisance fee, and nothing more.

Granted, I pay it when I stay there, because I believe the overall stay is worth it. I am unlikely to do that for the Orlando or Vegas HGVCs, or nearly any Diamond resort---in those cases, there is no reason not to take an exchange at an equivalently-nice alternative in the area. I would be willing to pay it for the Ohahu HGVCs, and might for the Waikoloa resorts depending on the situation.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct, the $190 is just a gotcha fee but it's still cheaper than using DVC points for comparable options.

Mowogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas; HGVC on Paradise; Bay Club at Waikoloa; Vacation Village Williamsburg; Sheraton Flex
Correct, the $190 is just a gotcha fee but it's still cheaper than using DVC points for comparable options.
It is a gotcha fee, but it is not really worse than exchanging into HGVC with RCI and paying the $25 daily resort fee. It is a $15 difference in extra fee staying at HGVC offsite and DVC onsite.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a gotcha fee, but it is not really worse than exchanging into HGVC with RCI and paying the $25 daily resort fee. It is a $15 difference in extra fee staying at HGVC offsite and DVC onsite.
There are no extra fees for a number of other resorts though. Question, does HGVC charge the fee for members using their points? Exchanging in?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
HGVC does now have a daily fee at least in Orlando and Big Island (except Bay Club) for RCI exchangers. As a result I generally don’t bother looking at the ones in Orlando—lots of other good options. I will still consider Waikoloa though.

Mowogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There are no extra fees for a number of other resorts though. Question, does HGVC charge the fee for members using their points? Exchanging in?
No resort fee for HGVC members using HGVC points to exchange into HGVC resorts. And $10-$30 daily resort fees have been growing. While they are not everywhere, there are a lot more places than there used to be and enough that you really need to check.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No resort fee for HGVC members using HGVC points to exchange into HGVC resorts. And $10-$30 daily resort fees have been growing. While they are not everywhere, there are a lot more places than there used to be and enough that you really need to check.
So no resort fees for members who exchange in through RCI?

Mowogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So no resort fees for members who exchange in through RCI?
HGVC charges members who exchange using their separate RCI account.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
HGVC does now have a daily fee at least in Orlando and Big Island (except Bay Club) for RCI exchangers. As a result I generally don’t bother looking at the ones in Orlando—lots of other good options. I will still consider Waikoloa though.
Exactly, when there are equal options without such fees one should generally avoid those resorts.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Exactly, when there are equal options without such fees one should generally avoid those resorts.
Thanks, still the $190 fee for DVC isn't to cover parking, it's simply a gotcha fee. If one exchanged in through an independent exchange company they would not have that additional fee and still would not pay for parking.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
There is a resort fee for Oahu HGVC locations using RCI. Only way to avoid paying HGVC resort fees at the many resorts is to book during home resort, club resort and open season rates.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
It used to be $95 per exchange, in or out. Now it is $190 to cover the DVC members fee.