• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Parking at HHV

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Got a 2BR+ at HHV Lagoon tower for next February. I recall a thread where people discussed the alternatives to paying $24/day for parking at HHV. Apparently there's a lot across the street that's much less? Can anyone elaborate. Is it restricted to military or open to the public?

An alternative would be to just rent a car for a few days. We'll definitely want to tour the north shore, Hanauma Bay (have fond memories of snorkelling there), Polynesian Cultural Center, etc. But we'll also probably spend some days just lying on Waikiki beach, or by the HHV pool, or just generally wandering Waikiki.

Any thoughts on the relative merits of renting for the week versus a few days? And information on the nearby parking garage would be very appreciated. Thanks.

-Bob

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I don't know about alternate parking, but the Hertz booth on property gives (or at least used to give) a token for one night's free parking at HHV. So you could rent for two days and not pay parking, then rent again later. You might call the HHV main number (see the Hilton site) and ask for the Hertz booth to confirm this.

wmmmmm

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's the Hale Koa. My brother parked there when we were there in June. I think it was about half the price per day. I did not park there so I don't have the details but the parking was definitely open to the public.

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buy the pass, it is $16 per day (3 day min). If you are military (retired, active, national guard, reserve, DOD civilian) it is $8 per day.

DEROS

Aptman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know how convenient you want your car to be, but if you're staying at the Lagoon Tower, and park at the HHV lot, then it's just a very short walk over to your car, and you're out of there. I liked the convenience of that lot, even though it was big and took a minute or two getting out of. I don't mind stairs, so I'd drive up to the 3rd level, and then drive all the way to the end right next to the Lagoon Tower next to the stairway. It's right above where the valet people park your car, but without the wait to get your car. This way you don't have a long walk to go get your car.

I live in Los Angeles, though, so we're slaves to our car. My view was one week, about $175 for the week to park with unlimited in/out (your room card opens the gate), and parking very close to where we were staying was well worth it. We're going back in April, and plan on doing the same.

Also, re Hertz, does that require you to rent from the Hertz at HHV? I don't know how competitive their rates are, and I like picking up the car at the airport.

You'll have fun nonetheless, I figure with the amount you're otherwise spending (and saving having at Hilton Timeshare!), it's worth it for a little convenience to park in their garage.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. I checked online with Hertz for pickup at HHV. $76 per day! Plus tax, making it about $83. Whereas with a reasonably available discount, I can find a car for about $250/week including tax.

Hmm, two days from HHV is $160, which includes one day parking. Plus taxis to get to/from the airport, taxis into town, etc. If I do it a 2nd time, it would be $320. Alternatively, renting a car for the week, plus parking, comes to just over $400. And the car is always there.

I'm beginning to appreciate those who say "Hey, it's a vacation. Suck it up and pay the $24/day.

Thanks for all the responses.

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. I checked online with Hertz for pickup at HHV. $76 per day! Plus tax, making it about $83. Whereas with a reasonably available discount, I can find a car for about $250/week including tax.

Hmm, two days from HHV is $160, which includes one day parking. Plus taxis to get to/from the airport, taxis into town, etc. If I do it a 2nd time, it would be $320. Alternatively, renting a car for the week, plus parking, comes to just over $400. And the car is always there.

I'm beginning to appreciate those who say "Hey, it's a vacation. Suck it up and pay the $24/day.

Thanks for all the responses.

Now I have another reason to like TUG! As many times as we stay at HHV, I can't believe that I didn't know about parking at the Hale Koa garage.

Blues:

I looked up the Hale Koa garage info on their website and found out that they have monthly rates of $120. That comes to about $4/day!!! The break even point for shorter stay would be 8 days, where it would come to $15/day on the monthly plan vs $16/day on multiday plan. This sounds too good to be true. What am I missing?
For a very short stay it might not be worth the inconvenience, but a longer stay that might be another story...

Glad to be on TUG!

nonutrix

Last edited:

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is all very good information. I wish I had known this earlier. We've taken mom a couple of times and she's retired military. And last trip we stayed at HHV for 2 weeks. Well at least I'm set for next trip. Thanks all.