• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Park Hyatt, Beaver Creek

Have you stayed in the Park Hyatt Residences

• Yes, but booked another way

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

itap39

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt WOR
We stayed at the Beaver Creek Hyatt Mountain Lodge last summer, and toured the Park Hyatt, across the street a bit. Wow...it was nice. We were walked through the Residence Wing of the Park Hyatt resort and my new mission is to ski Beaver Creek and stay at the Park Hyatt Residences...can anyone offer tips??
The rep there mentioned several people sell their weeks on eBay and on 3rd parties, which takes them out of our inventory. I don’t see anything available.

Looking for a 2-3 bedroom, current platinum/gold owner (3300pts total):

What’s the best way to stay with Points (CUP reservation)?
Has anyone had any luck securing a vacation?
If you have been able to trade into it, how much time did you reserve ahead?
Does anyone know if they are 100% owned?
Thanks for the help!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We stayed at the Beaver Creek Hyatt Mountain Lodge last summer, and toured the Park Hyatt, across the street a bit. Wow...it was nice. We were walked through the Residence Wing of the Park Hyatt resort and my new mission is to ski Beaver Creek and stay at the Park Hyatt Residences...can anyone offer tips??
The rep there mentioned several people sell their weeks on eBay and on 3rd parties, which takes them out of our inventory. I don’t see anything available.

Thanks for the help!
I think there are only 15 or so in the Hyatt pool. We have stayed there many times but typically spring and fall. Tough to get in in the winter. Usually you see them 6 months out or last minute.

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know if they are 100% owned

Thanks for the help!
we have stayed many times

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed there several times- usually in Oct- Nov timeframe. It’s a wonderful place for Thanksgiving if you can get it. Check on Jan 1. That’s when they post anything available for the coming year. I wouldn’t count on ski season and the off season is VERY quiet. We like it because my husband is a fly fisherman and there are many great rivers within driving distance. Just curious— What reason did they give you for resale units coming out of our inventory? The resale units would stay within the HRC. I don’t believe that the property is part of the HPP.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We really like the Residences at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek. They are absolutely top of the line units. Like others have mentioned there are only 15 units, so they can be difficult to get. Fortunately, we live in Colorado so when there are last minute cancellations, we have been able to go and have had a great time.

Have you stayed at the Hyatt Grand Aspen? While it isn't ski in / ski out like the Park Hyatt, it's much easier to book during the ski season. It's very high-end...I'd consider the Park Hyatt 1a, and the Grand Aspen 1b, and it has a great location in downtown Aspen. It does have the advantage of having good access to 4 different ski areas (Aspen Highlands, Ajax, Buttermilk, and Snowmass). My family actually prefers the pool at the Grand Aspen to the Park Hyatt (much warmer). I'm not sure why, but I just feel a bit more at home at the Grand Aspen / Mountain Lodge than the Park Hyatt.

How big is your group that would be traveling? Studios can be a GREAT value at the Grand Aspen if you are just planning on going with two people.

itap39

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt WOR
We have stayed there several times- usually in Oct- Nov timeframe. It’s a wonderful place for Thanksgiving if you can get it. Check on Jan 1. That’s when they post anything available for the coming year. I wouldn’t count on ski season and the off season is VERY quiet. We like it because my husband is a fly fisherman and there are many great rivers within driving distance. Just curious— What reason did they give you for resale units coming out of our inventory? The resale units would stay within the HRC. I don’t believe that the property is part of the HPP.

The rep there said most owners use East/West or Beaver Creek Rentals to sell their weeks...rather than releasing them to the pool. It’s such a bummer. I’m still working on it...someone mentioned on here to check 1/1/2020 for the year, and they are correct. The rep also said they wouldn’t know next years availability until 12/31/2019.

itap39

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt WOR
We really like the Residences at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek. They are absolutely top of the line units. Like others have mentioned there are only 15 units, so they can be difficult to get. Fortunately, we live in Colorado so when there are last minute cancellations, we have been able to go and have had a great time.

Have you stayed at the Hyatt Grand Aspen? While it isn't ski in / ski out like the Park Hyatt, it's much easier to book during the ski season. It's very high-end...I'd consider the Park Hyatt 1a, and the Grand Aspen 1b, and it has a great location in downtown Aspen. It does have the advantage of having good access to 4 different ski areas (Aspen Highlands, Ajax, Buttermilk, and Snowmass). My family actually prefers the pool at the Grand Aspen to the Park Hyatt (much warmer). I'm not sure why, but I just feel a bit more at home at the Grand Aspen / Mountain Lodge than the Park Hyatt.

How big is your group that would be traveling? Studios can be a GREAT value at the Grand Aspen if you are just planning on going with two people.

I’m thinking 2 families of 4. So we could do a 3 bedroom with kids in one room. I’ll check out the Grand Aspen..thanks a bunch!

We love the Main Street Station just for its proximity to everything in Beckenridge. But its not to be compared to these two.

Feedback appreciated!

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You will not get a 3 bedroom at Park Hyatt or at Grand Aspen unless you own the week that you are interested in. You can trade into Main Street Station Hyatt if you have enough Hyatt points.

This is with regards to the Hyatt internal exchange during winter ski season. During off season you can get 3 bedrooms at all three locations

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

dherring

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Disney's Grand Floridian, HGVC Anderson Ocean Club, Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas
I am working on selling a week 11 at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek. 2 bedroom unit if interested.

cfabar1

Reaction score
DHerring, I would be SO interested if It were a Summer week. Week 11 is too early for us unfortunately.

Margaret13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek
Hyatt Mountain Lodge
Marriott Canyon Villas
DHerring, I would be SO interested if It were a Summer week. Week 11 is too early for us unfortunately.
I don't believe Park Hyatt sells summer weeks. All winter owners also get to reserve a week from May-September.

dherring

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Disney's Grand Floridian, HGVC Anderson Ocean Club, Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas
Hi cfabar1,
The ownership consist of 2.5 weeks of use. It gives you 1 fixed ski week, which is week 11 (typically Spring Break week and has done GREAT renting,) 1 floating week in Summer, and 3-4 days in Spring/Fall. The Summer and Spring/Fall, usage is given as 1,440 Hyatt RC Points. The week 11 is fixed, and you can convert to 2,200 points for that week since its Diamond Season. Total, you can get up to 3,640 total points per year.
This year we have the week of July 3rd thru the 10th reserved.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
Ditto on the 10 days of floating summer and fall time with all the Colorado properties. (I have spent the last 18 years or so, during the 4th of July week at Breckenridge using my Float time from my ownership at the Hyatt Main Street Station), and YES you will never, probably, be able to trade into Aspen or Park Hyatt during ski season, when the rental market rate for a 2 or 3 bedroom unit in either is in the range of more than $1200 a night and up.

However at times I have had to cancel my 3 bedroom ( Top Floor Ski Hill View) at Breckenridge just one day or so before the start of my week 11 (Peak Ski week) and someone manages to pick it up from the system within just a few hours of when I cancel it. My 3 bedroom HMSS week 11 is also for sale (on TUG) and I get just under 4500 points per year.

Last edited:

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto on the 10 days of floating summer and fall time with all the Colorado properties. (I have spent the last 18 years or so, during the 4th of July week at Breckenridge using my Float time from my ownership at the Hyatt Main Street Station), and YES you will never, probably, be able to trade into Aspen or Park Hyatt during ski season, when the rental market rate for a 2 or 3 bedroom unit in either is in the range of more than $1200 a night and up.

However at times I have had to cancel my 3 bedroom ( Top Floor Ski Hill View) at Breckenridge just one day or so before the start of my week 11 (Peak Ski week) and someone manages to pick it up from the system within just a few hours of when I cancel it. My 3 bedroom HMSS week 11 is also for sale (on TUG) and I get just under 4500 points per year.

I see a rental but not a for sale ad. How much are you asking in terms of purchase?

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
I have had it listed for a while, right now I am sort of ambivilat about it, but I suspect that when the maintenance fee comes around again in November I will be more motivated. Especially if I do not get it rented. However, I did get it rented out last year. So I guess I should update my for sale listing on TUG. Thank You for your interest and letting me know that my TUG listing has expired.

I hit a tree on Peak 8 about 8 years ago, so that mostly ended my use for its main purpose of a PEAK SEASON SKI WEEK, in unit 4402L , a 3 bedroom / Lock off.

Perry / Arvada / Denver Colorado