• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Park City, UT - Summer Vacation

DJensen

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are heading to Park City in August and have found many listings online of activities, but looking for first-hand advice and thoughts from those that have traveled and stayed there in the SUMMER.

A few thoughts for activities - please send your ideas of certain trails or cities to visit:
  • Hiking
  • Biking (road or mountain) - one in our travel party has a broken hand so thinking mountain biking out for her
  • ATV or 2 seater trail ride
  • Horseback riding
  • Olympic Park (we did a bobsled run in Lillehammer Norway a few years ago, so will probably skip the run down the mountain)
  • Alpine Slides

Also, any fun gastropubs in Park City for lunch or dinner?

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a fabulous week of easy-moderate hiking during a June trip to Park City: we like to take lifts or cable cars up, and hike down if possible. Deer Valley was excellent (they also have mountain bike paths, everyone can be happy), also we went to Snowbird (fun lift up but couldn't hike all the way down, too much snow as I recall) and Sundance has a cable car up - and beautiful trail down, I think we didn't have time to walk the whole way so we retraced our steps after awhile and then rode back down.

We watched training jumps (into the pool) at Olympic Park, and went to see the Great Salt Lake. We'd hoped to see Mormon Tabernacle Choir rehearse, but they were on break. Seems like there was a little film fest right in Park City. The cable car over Park City was unmemorable. I honestly can't recall restaurants, but enjoyed the art galleries right in the town which is where we stayed.

One more thing: our timeshare in town had minimal air-conditioning and had promised nights would be cool enough and opening windows sufficient. It was sweltering, and very noisy during the evenings until very late. So I hope you have AC.

Last edited:

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are heading to Park City in August and have found many listings online of activities, but looking for first-hand advice and thoughts from those that have traveled and stayed there in the SUMMER.

A few thoughts for activities - please send your ideas of certain trails or cities to visit:
  • Hiking
  • Biking (road or mountain) - one in our travel party has a broken hand so thinking mountain biking out for her
  • ATV or 2 seater trail ride
  • Horseback riding
  • Olympic Park (we did a bobsled run in Lillehammer Norway a few years ago, so will probably skip the run down the mountain)
  • Alpine Slides

Also, any fun gastropubs in Park City for lunch or dinner?

We had a great summer vacation in Park City a few years ago. We really enjoyed a day at Sundance...a beautiful drive ( less than an hour if I remember correctly). We rode the ski lift to the top...hiked and had a picnic, then hiked down. There were a lot of people taking mountain bikes up on the lift and riding down too. There’s also a nice
restaurant on site.
We also got to see skiers practicing at Olympic Park...jumping into the pool! Great fun to watch.
Enjoy, it’s a great place to visit!

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
... Sundance...a beautiful drive ( less than an hour if I remember correctly). We rode the ski lift to the top...hiked and had a picnic, then hiked down. There were a lot of people taking mountain bikes up on the lift and riding down too. There’s also a nice restaurant on site.
Now that you mention it, that's one restaurant I do recall, we liked it too. I think we also got a little tour of Sundance before going up the mountain. Or it could have been a self-tour. Apparently our trip was 11 years ago, time has flown. :)

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If it is open I would suggest a tour of Timpanogos Cave and can combine with a trip to Sundance Resort.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
When we went to Park City for 3 weeks 4 years ago we took our Kayaks and Hybrid Bikes. We saw numerous folks on the shuttle with true Mountain Bikes with almost full body armor. They took the lift to the top and rode down on some of the ski trails. We also saw folks with casts on their arms or legs. Patti quickly gave up on Biking at 7,000 feet. I did a lot of Road Biking including from the Worldmark to old town Park City. Yes it is up the entire way. There is a Lake not too far of a drive we kayaked several times. We are not white water kayakers. If it is open drive to Midway and try out the Homestead Crater. If you are not use to exercise at this elevation take at least 1 aspirin a day to thin at your blood and drink Gatorade.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were in Park City in early July about 5 years ago.
We also enjoyed Timpaganos Cave. Our friend does not like heights and had a bit of a problem with parts of the trail. He stayed close to the inner part of the trail going up and coming down.
Check out Mirror Lake. That's in the Uinta-Wasatch National Forest. Also Albion Basin. Those were both nice hikes
For a different kind of hike, might want to consider Great Salt Lake. We went to Antelope Island. Will be hot in August.

Enjoy

DJensen

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just back from Park City (Marriott Mountainside) - This was a great location as we could see the mountain, the lifts, the pool and generally quiet. For things to do we hiked on two trails right outside the resort (Armstrong and Jenni) - we used maps from the resort along with Alltrails app. Spent a few hours at the Olympic Park (tubing down the ski jump hills, alpine slide and zipline) along with a walk through the museum. Spend one day at the Great Salt Lake (Antelope Park) and another up at Mirror Lake and Provo River Falls. We took the Crescent lift to the top after 5pm (only $17 per person after 5pm). Keep in mind that Park City Mountain Resort activities (lift, roller coaster and alpine slide are Thursday through Sunday). Most everything was open with masks and distance. Pool at resort was 50% capacity with 90 minute limit and wait list available. You did not need to leave if no one on the wait list.