• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Park City MOU/MSW II OGS Questions

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an OGS for late February/early March 2021 using a Hyatt deposit for any size unit. I made the request in February 2020.

I saw today that some units came available in late March 2021 in II. Does Marriott usually do a bulk deposit for Park City and when does it usually happen?

I have back up hotel reservations in case this doesn't match. I included the Westgate Park City in my request as well.

This is when I wish I had Marriott priority because I know Marriott Park City ski weeks are prime weeks.

TIA.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never seen a bulk deposit of winter weeks. Sometimes about 2 weeks ahead of check in I will see multiple units available which I guess are cancellations or deposits from dp points. With my Marriott preference, I got a 2 bedroom at Summit Watch for the end of February, using the 1 bedroom lockoff of my non-winter Summit Watch week and paid the $99 upgrade fee. I do see studio units frequently and if one shows up I would take it and do eplus.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
<snip> I saw today that some units came available in late March 2021 in II. Does Marriott usually do a bulk deposit for Park City and when does it usually happen? <snip>
TIA.

At MOU, the March 28, 2021 was not there on May 16, 2020.
At MSW, the March 21, 26, 27, & 28 were note there on May 16, 2020.
That was the last time I posted the list on wmowners.com, but I don't know the first date it appeared.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never seen a bulk deposit of winter weeks. Sometimes about 2 weeks ahead of check in I will see multiple units available which I guess are cancellations or deposits from dp points. With my Marriott preference, I got a 2 bedroom at Summit Watch for the end of February, using the 1 bedroom lockoff of my non-winter Summit Watch week and paid the $99 upgrade fee. I do see studio units frequently and if one shows up I would take it and do eplus.

I have never seen a bulk deposit for MOU/MSW winter weeks either.

I agree that I should take a studio if one shows up for the dates I want. I have eplus already attached to my OGS.

Thanks for the information. I have never skied Park City before. I am looking forward to it.

Last edited:

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I made an Interval request just a shade earlier than you (Hyatt Owner) for Mid March, and it sounds like the deposit didn't cover the dates that we had requested. I still have my fingers crossed that we get something from an owner deposit. As an FYI, I have never seen a bulk deposit for Peak ski season (late December - Mid March) at either Marriott in Park City.

Are your dates firm? If you aren't opposed to spring skiing, that last week of March going into the first week of April is a pretty good week to be in Park City. It's probably been 8 years since I've skiied there, but the couple of weeks before closing were always fun for me. It can get absolutely dumped on during those dates and crowds are a bit thinner.

The first weekend in April can be a bit of a double-edged sword for skiiers from out of town:

1) Crowds tend to be a bit lighter during the weekend at the ski resorts because of General Conference (worldwide conference for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). Back when I had my season pass at PCMR, conference weekend was one of my favorites to go skiing.

2) Flights can be a bit more expensive as there are a lot of people coming to the Salt Lake area for the conference.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I made an Interval request just a shade earlier than you (Hyatt Owner) for Mid March, and it sounds like the deposit didn't cover the dates that we had requested. I still have my fingers crossed that we get something from an owner deposit. As an FYI, I have never seen a bulk deposit for Peak ski season (late December - Mid March) at either Marriott in Park City.

Are your dates firm? If you aren't opposed to spring skiing, that last week of March going into the first week of April is a pretty good week to be in Park City. It's probably been 8 years since I've skiied there, but the couple of weeks before closing were always fun for me. It can get absolutely dumped on during those dates and crowds are a bit thinner.

The first weekend in April can be a bit of a double-edged sword for skiiers from out of town:

1) Crowds tend to be a bit lighter during the weekend at the ski resorts because of General Conference (worldwide conference for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). Back when I had my season pass at PCMR, conference weekend was one of my favorites to go skiing.

2) Flights can be a bit more expensive as there are a lot of people coming to the Salt Lake area for the conference.

My dates are firm because I have five days at the WM Park City March 7-12 and I have to be home for the NCAA Basketball Tournament first and second rounds in San Jose March 18/20.

I have a back up hotel reservation March 1-7 that I’m comfortable with but would love MSW or MOU. I might even go early to ski Snowbasin. If I manage to get a one or two bedroom I will invite some friends.

I know what you mean about the crowds. I tend to use Saturday as a travel day or day off when I ski multiple days. When I ski Heavenly Valley at Tahoe I only ski certain areas there on Saturday. Of course I have friends that won’t take a day off and try to ski from 9-4. At age 62 I don’t.

I'm looking forward to a great 2020/21 ski season. Too much has been cancelled this year.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My dates are firm because I have five days at the WM Park City March 7-12 and I have to be home for the NCAA Basketball Tournament first and second rounds in San Jose March 18/20.

I have a back up hotel reservation March 1-7 that I’m comfortable with but would love MSW or MOU. I might even go early to ski Snowbasin. If I manage to get a one or two bedroom I will invite some friends.

I know what you mean about the crowds. I tend to use Saturday as a travel day or day off when I ski multiple days. When I ski Heavenly Valley at Tahoe I only ski certain areas there on Saturday. Of course I have friends that won’t take a day off and try to ski from 9-4. At age 62 I don’t.

I'm looking forward to a great 2020/21 ski season. Too much has been cancelled this year.
Sounds like quite the life!

I've seen studios / 1 bedrooms pop up many times in previous years and a handful of 2 bedrooms for those dates.

I've only been to Snowbasin a few times, but I really like it. It's been 8 years or so, but it is a great ski resort and even on the weekends it never gets all that crowded. I am glad that they have a partnership with the Epic Pass. I just wish there were decent accommodations on mountain.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am very lucky to be able to do all that I do. My group of guy friends have been going to the NCAA tournament for almost ten years. Usually we go to the Sweet Sixteen and elite eight games.

My ski group also wants to try Powder Mountain while in Utah next March.

I want to try Mt. Bachelor in a few years but like Snowbasin they don’t have accommodations on the mountain. But I have Worldmark credits so I can stay at the Seventh Mountain Resort.

Now just waiting for my OGS to match while manually checking all the time too.....