• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Park City in April

dryden

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Some friends and I are heading out to Park City to stay at the Park City Marriott Mountainside- 2 bd/bath on an II exchange, April 10 (Spring skiing at it's warmest, but I'll take West coast skiing over our East coast anytime). We are all blue/black skiers and boarders. This is our first trip to Utah as we usually go to Colorado. We just hit up Delta and Priceline, so we have flights, wheels and lodging covered. Few questions:

1. The staff at MOU said I could call two weeks in advance and request a room- any suggestion as to floors or what side to stay in?

2. Park City itself closes two days after we get there. Where else would be a good choices to hit? It looks like the Canyons, & Deer Valley are pretty close to where we are staying...are Snowbird or Alta must dos?

3. Discount lift tickets. I found this online http://www.saltlakecityutah.org/skiutahlifttickets.htm - does anyone recommend visiting Canyon Sports to buy them vs. the ticket window?

4. Any other suggestions you may have are welcome.

5. Thanks for making TUG great!

wljet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Canyon Sports in Salt lake City,on the way to Park City,has discount lift tickets for all the areas.
We buy there every year.
Before you go, call ahead and see the condidtions at Alta and Snowbird.
Very good skiing but a 40 min drive from PC.

hipslo

TUG Member
Reaction score
at that time of year alta and snowbird are likely your best bets, as they are at higher altitude and get a great deal more annual snowfall than the three resorts in and around park city (park city mountain, deer valley and the canyons).

Darlene

TUG Member
Reaction score
All the ski resorts in PC usually close at the same time. Depending on the snowfall, the only resorts that might be open are Alta and Snowbird. Last year, we got a ton of snow in April, and they were the only two resorts open. It's hard to say what will happen this spring. Alta has their estimated closing date as April 19th. Alta and Snowbird are about 50 minutes from PC.

Fletcher921

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Mission Hills, CA;
Los Abrigados, AZ;
The Whaler, HI;
Playa Del Sol Costa Sur, MX;
Westgate Park City, UT
If possible, arrange to get to Park City early in the day so can take advantage of the "Quick Start" program (offered through the chamber of commerce I think). Register online before you go and get a free day of arrival lift ticket.

dryden

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
so far so good

good suggestions! we did do the Quick Start (7am non-stop out of phl- hopefully be on slopes by noon). we'll call ahead and hit canyon sports on the way in.

what about room request- suggestions?