• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Park Availability

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
I have a reservation at Saratoga Springs for the month June and there is very limited park availability. I won't go if that is the case, but I thought it was interesting that even staying on property we can't get into all of the parks. Does anyone know if Disney releases more availability as time goes on, right now there is only Epcot and some days there is the Animal Kingdom.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a reservation at Saratoga Springs for the month June and there is very limited park availability. I won't go if that is the case, but I thought it was interesting that even staying on property we can't get into all of the parks. Does anyone know if Disney releases more availability as time goes on, right now there is only Epcot and some days there is the Animal Kingdom.
Those staying on property, those having Annual passes, and those staying off property with normal tickets take out of different availability buckets. While the website *should* check all those buckets and take from any that have availability for which you qualify, the website sometimes fails and people have had to call to get their reservations.

Looking at the 'off property normal ticket' calendar, I see good availability for MK from June 19th on. So if you're not seeing that when you are logged in to your 'on property'-linked MDE account, you can try calling them. Or unlinking your Saratoga Springs reservation, making the park reservations, and relinking SSR.

That said, Disney (thus far) has not been adding availability.

Last edited:

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
post deleted

Last edited:

josegm888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndam Grand Desert; Bonnet Creek

If you have a park hopper ticket you will be able to visit the other parks after 2pm. You must first visit the park you made the reservation for before hopping to other parks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
If they increase the capacity limits, Disney will naturally increase the number of people who may reserve visits to each park. Otherwise... maybe snagging cancellations???

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
During these times, it helps to make your park reservations as far out as possible. Before purchasing park tickets, the website also says to check to see if there is park availability so you don't purchase them and are locked out of parks.

Was this a late reservation?

Good luck!! Hope you get to go!!!! I just made my park reservations for March 2022 - crazy. Who knows if we will still need a reservation by then, but at least I have them now.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
In case anyone is wondering how June actually looks for Disney resort guests as of 4/14/21:

1618405024784.png

The lack of availability is a serious issue. Anyone who is making a new resort reservation for June needs to be sure they are OK with being locked out of certain parks on certain dates.

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I read somewhere that availability had been added for June, and it is true! What a difference 9 hours makes. :)

1618438802689.png

josegm888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In case anyone is wondering how June actually looks for Disney resort guests as of 4/14/21:

View attachment 34566

The lack of availability is a serious issue. Anyone who is making a new resort reservation for June needs to be sure they are OK with being locked out of certain parks on certain dates.

b352a37e7583ac0a3149e4eb3c1650ae.jpg

That’s weird. Not sure why but mine looks like this.

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
b352a37e7583ac0a3149e4eb3c1650ae.jpg

That’s weird. Not sure why but mine looks like this.

We were posting at the exact same time.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This happened to us for our March trip. Very little availability and then things opened up about 4 weeks out.

AnnaS: It was my understanding you could not make a park reservation unless you had a ticket or AP. What am I missing? Is this wrong?

josegm888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This happened to us for our March trip. Very little availability and then things opened up about 4 weeks out.

AnnaS: It was my understanding you could not make a park reservation unless you had a ticket or AP. What am I missing? Is this wrong?

Yes you need a ticket. Can’t make the reservation without one.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes, you need a ticket - but before you purchase, it tells you to check for availability so you don't purchase and then no parks are available. At least this is the way it was a few months ago when I purchased us two 7 day hoppers. I eventually called back (since there was no hope of them selling new APs) and applied the $$$ from the 7 day hoppers and just renewed our APs.

James G

Reaction score
Don't forget Blizzard Beach is open with no reservations required. Typhoon Lagoon is still closed but is projected to open in Summer 2021. Exact date is yet to be determined.

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
The reservations for the parks opened up for June and within 24 hours, Hollywood studios was booked.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
The reservations for the parks opened up for June and within 24 hours, Hollywood studios was booked.
Yes, many people are now booking DHS for several days of their visit, in hopes of getting BG for RotR and then hopping to another park later or planning to cancel their pass for DHS and book another park that day if they don’t get a BG at 7 AM.