• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Parent's worst nightmare [Gabby Petito disappearance]

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Boyfriend's attorney:

"Be advised, the whereabouts of Brian Laundrie are currently unknown. The FBI is currently at the Laundrie residence removing property to assist in locating Brian. As of now, the FBI is looking for both Gabby and Brian."

Boyfriend's attorney said Laundrie's parents last saw him Tuesday morning

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Lately I binge watch #vanlife videos. I saw her’s. I didn’t realize she was the same girl missing.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Her friend in Florida said Brian Laundrie was schizophrenic. No good ending to finding her can be expected.

Was this an official diagnosis or just the friend using the term “schizophrenic” as a derogatory statement?

I read that she said she had obsessive compulsive disorder and she said that sparked the argument between them.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
They lived in North Port FL near Port Charlotte. His family is there. We get stuff on the news every day here in SW Florida.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Was this an official diagnosis or just the friend using the term “schizophrenic” as a derogatory statement?

I read that she said she had obsessive compulsive disorder and she said that sparked the argument between them.
She reported that he was hearing voices and he could not sleep when it happened and Gabby would spend nights at her friend's home. Nothing derogatory. Tragically, I know schizoprenia much too well.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Tia

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So now he is ‘missing’. The family did not report it for days. How did he get to the nature preserve to go hiking? Walk, drive, or dropped off?

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So now he is ‘missing’. The family did not report it for days. How did he get to the nature preserve to go hiking? Walk, drive, or dropped off?
There are nature areas all thru North Port. Easy to get to on foot or bike.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Body found where Gabby Petito search is underway in Wyoming, no confirmation of identity
Investigators on Saturday continued the national search for missing woman Gabby Petito a week after she was first reported missing. The search for her fiancé Brian Laundrie, who is a person of interest in the case, has ramped up since police officers went to his Florida home Friday expecting to speak to him and were told by his parents they hadn't heard from him since Tuesday.

MdRef

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas, Orlando
FBI is all but confirming it's Gabby.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd make a small wager that Brian will be found in the same condition as Gabby. Shame. :cry:

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
May She RIP - :cry: So sad. I also think it's going to end for Brian.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd make a small wager that Brian will be found in the same condition as Gabby. Shame. :cry:
I just hope he left a note or told someone his version of what happened

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would bet that his family helped him get away and he's on a beach in Mexico
Doubtful. I would think if he used any type of federal transportation they would know that already and wouldn't be searching through the nature preserve.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
She is dead, no news about him?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Similar article from the St. George newspaper today:

Dave

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Hopefully we don't have the same conspiracy clowns thinking that he had nothing to do with it. But I'm not holding my breath.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Hopefully we don't have the same conspiracy clowns thinking that he had nothing to do with it. But I'm not holding my breath.
What are you talking about?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
According to friends of the family up here, she was manic and they have fought many times before where she attacked him. The bf would continually leave her then come back.

what we saw from the body cam of the police is a manic girl suffering from one of her episodes. He had cuts on his face and he even said he locked her out of the car so he wouldn’t get hit again. Something tells me her death was either accidental by the bf in self defense or of her own doing and he freaked out thinking he would be blamed and ran home and got a lawyer. Or he murdered her.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
According to friends of the family up here, she was manic and they have fought many times before where she attacked him. The bf would continually leave her then come back.

what we saw from the body cam of the police is a manic girl suffering from one of her episodes. He had cuts on his face and he even said he locked her out of the car so he wouldn’t get hit again. Something tells me her death was either accidental by the bf in self defense or of her own doing and he freaked out thinking he would be blamed and ran home and got a lawyer. Or he murdered her.
... or he locked her out of the van, drove off and left her to die.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
... or he locked her out of the van, drove off and left her to die.
That too. Or he locked her out of the van and left her to find her way home after they fought where she hit him. If that’s the case. He’s the victim. If he was hitting her and she locked him out of the van and drove back to NY to her parents, everyone would applaud her for having the courage to leave him. Men can be victims as well. Let’s wait to see if we ever get the truth. It’s a sad situation regardless