• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Parent's worst nightmare [Gabby Petito disappearance]

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That too. Or he locked her out of the van and left her to find her way home after they fought where she hit him. If that’s the case. He’s the victim. If he was hitting her and she locked him out of the van and drove back to NY to her parents, everyone would applaud her for having the courage to leave him. Men can be victims as well. Let’s wait to see if we ever get the truth. It’s a sad situation regardless
It is in the middle of wilderness, you cannot simply "find" your way home. In addition, we know that he had taken her cell phone as well. Whatever it was, she is dead and that makes her the victim.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
It is in the middle of wilderness, you cannot simply "find" your way home. In addition, we know that he had taken her cell phone as well. Whatever it was, she is dead and that makes her the victim.
I’ll wait until they find out what happened. Maybe she killed herself and he freaked. Men can be victims of domestic violence as well.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
What are you talking about?
Well, I guess, right on cue, this:

That too. Or he locked her out of the van and left her to find her way home after they fought where she hit him. If that’s the case. He’s the victim. If he was hitting her and she locked him out of the van and drove back to NY to her parents, everyone would applaud her for having the courage to leave him. Men can be victims as well. Let’s wait to see if we ever get the truth. It’s a sad situation regardless
Pure looney tunes.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I’ll wait until they find out what happened. Maybe she killed herself and he freaked. Men can be victims of domestic violence as well.
You can't be serious. She killed herself? So he didn't report it to police (because of course, he freaked.) He randomly was walking through the desert and asked travelers for a lift claiming his fiancé was back at the van, for which he would pay them $200 to go 10 miles, but when they said they were heading for the city, he said no thanks, and jumped out. Then he miraculously gets un-freaked, finds HER van, and drives all the way back to FLA.

In those 2500 miles, he never thinks to call authorities to explain what happened to his finance, the woman he was going to marry, just leaves her in the dust like a piece of garbage, as he drives her van to his mommy and daddy's house.

He and his family refuse to talk to police until he is "missing." He refuses to tell any details of the trip, refuses to tell when he last saw her (or per your theory when she killed herself), and then the family beg police to help find their son.

Poor kid, the abused one. People are simply nuts.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Hopefully we don't have the same conspiracy clowns thinking that he had nothing to do with it. But I'm not holding my breath.
So let's just convein a kangaroo court and be done with it, eh?

Remember Amanda Knox, aka Foxy Knoxy, that was tried in what passes for a legal process in Italy? With the notoriety of this case, there are probably a dearth of jailhouse snitches willing to lie to prosecutors.

We still operate under a system where the State has to prove its case by rules of law, not polls of internet wags.

I'm willing to wait and see where the evidence points.
48074839-10007235-People_crowded_the_Laundrie_s_front_yard_calling_on_Laundrie_to_-a-5_1632125685690.jpg

#Product of our school system.

Last edited:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
You can't be serious. She killed herself? So he didn't report it to police (because of course, he freaked.) He randomly was walking through the desert and asked travelers for a lift claiming his fiancé was back at the van, for which he would pay them $200 to go 10 miles, but when they said they were heading for the city, he said no thanks, and jumped out. Then he miraculously gets un-freaked, finds HER van, and drives all the way back to FLA.

In those 2500 miles, he never thinks to call authorities to explain what happened to his finance, the woman he was going to marry, just leaves her in the dust like a piece of garbage, as he drives her van to his mommy and daddy's house.

He and his family refuse to talk to police until he is "missing." He refuses to tell any details of the trip, refuses to tell when he last saw her (or per your theory when she killed herself), and then the family beg police to help find their son.

Poor kid, the abused one. People are simply nuts.
Thanks detective……actually, you can’t be a detective, you question nothing and jump to conclusions. people are nuts that’s for sure. Always looking for an argument. So exhausting

1. it’s possible he killed her on purpose
2. It’s possible he killed her by accident
3. It’s possible she killed herself
4. It’s possible he left (as he’s done before after a fight) and someone else killed her
5. It’s possible she was by herself and attacked by an animal
6. It’s possible he killed her in a frantic mental state then drove home and now killed himself
7. They just found her yesterday and we know nothing so stop convicting someone until the facts come out. I immediately thought he killed her but after seeing the body cam footage, who really knows. Do I think he had something to do with it? Absolutely! but I'm still going to wait to see what the EXPERTS come up with.

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Well, I guess, right on cue, this:

Pure looney tunes.
So now it’s a conspiracy to say let’s wait and see what the evidence shows? This is why the judicial system in this country is flawed. People like you get called for jury duty. Stop calling people “nuts” and “loons” when you yourself are.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
So let's just convein a kangaroo court and be done with it, eh?

Remember Amanda Knox, aka Foxy Knoxy, that was tried in what passes for a legal process in Italy? With the notoriety of this case, there are probably a dearth of jailhouse snitches willing to lie to prosecutors.

We still operate under a system where the State has to prove its case by rules of law, not polls of internet wags.

I'm willing to wait and see where the evidence points.
48074839-10007235-People_crowded_the_Laundrie_s_front_yard_calling_on_Laundrie_to_-a-5_1632125685690.jpg

#Product of our school system.
Don’t waste your time with that person. Apparently It’s criminal to be logical and question anything. Dare say wait until we know exactly what happened and you’re branded a “loon”. People like him are why innocent people go to jail.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
She reported that he was hearing voices and he could not sleep when it happened and Gabby would spend nights at her friend's home. Nothing derogatory. Tragically, I know schizoprenia much too well.

So it’s possible he killed her during a hallucination and drove back to his parents in a panic. It sounds like they both suffered from mental illness. There are many layers to this story. It’s Very sad.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Can someone explain why this is National News? Network coverage, National reporting.

How many people go missing every day? I see Amber alerts weekly on the Interstate Signs but they sure aren’t everywhere in the news.

Sorry for the family but there’s a lot more folks affected every day and I’m certain they would like the entire nation looking for the missing. Or maybe they don’t want the notoriety and hounding by so-called reporters

Cheers

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Can someone explain why this is National News? Network coverage, National reporting.

How many people go missing every day? I see Amber alerts weekly on the Interstate Signs but they sure aren’t everywhere in the news.

Sorry for the family but there’s a lot more folks affected every day and I’m certain they would like the entire nation looking for the missing. Or maybe they don’t want the notoriety and hounding by so-called reporters

Cheers
Probably because it got attention on social media and then the suspect actions of the BF got the attention of the networks. If he ends up killing himself we won’t hear about the story any longer. But if he is found alive, I know I’m tuning into Nancy Grace on this one

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now, we know that Gabby died. The cause and time of death has yet to be determined.

We also know that at some point Brian drove back to Florida, leaving Gabby in Wyoming. We do not know whether or not Gabby was alive when she and Brian separated.
When Brian returned to Florida, he refused to talk to the police. He has a constitutional right to do that and his refusal to talk with the police is not an inference of guilt.

Brian left the house on Tuesday morning and the family's lawyer reported him missing on Friday. Brian's family apparently told the police that they believe he went to the Carlton Reserve. The police are now searching for him there.

More facts or conclusions will be forthcoming after the autopsy, after the cell phone records are analyzed and depending on whether Brian is found dead or alive.

In the meantime, Gabby's family is mourning her and Brian's family is now wondering whether their son is still alive.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
In real life, and not a television show, how much will they be able to tell from a body that was exposed to the elements and perhaps scavengers for possibly two weeks. Will they be able to tell time of death? I only have personal knowledge of one autopsy, and they knew nothing about cause of death until weeks later.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's getting national attention because Gabby was young, attractive, and white. Many of the women who go missing in this country everyday are not those things. It's terrible to say it, but it is, alas, true.

Glenn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort (2)
Suites at Fisherman's Wharf
It's getting national attention because Gabby was young, attractive, and white. Many of the women who go missing in this country everyday are not those things. It's terrible to say it, but it is, alas, true.
You speak the truth.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I still think it a weird coincidence that two people were murdered at the same place that they were a few days before????

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I still think it a weird coincidence that two people were murdered at the same place that they were a few days before????
They were in the same locale but Gabby P and Brian L were already gone (Aug 12) when the 2 were murdered (Aug 13). Police had already established that they were not related due to the timeline.

MdRef

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas, Orlando

Cheers
I don't think anyone can answer that question in a way that will satisfy all.

This case, for whatever reason, caught the attention of so many in the media both local and national and therefore, the public as a whole.

Gabby's Step-Father and Mother made it a point and pushed hard to get the attention of national news networks and did. Sadly, many others don't know how to, don't take the time to or
don't consider their case to be "national" news. These networks are not in most cases, going to be knocking on the doors of these children's homes.

This case involved the national park system which by itself, would draw the attention of national news networks. Once just one national network airs this story, the others
must do so as well. None want to be bested by another. It's just the nature of the business.

Like many kids her age, Petito had been an active Instagram user. This helps spread the story nationwide. Petito’s age is the prime age of TikTok users, which will also
spread the story nationwide. Once these get started they will continue to grow. You also have all the amateur investigators out there pouring over these sites trying to get any
attention they can. You would be surprised to know how many have "inside sources" to both local and national news networks.

For whatever reason, once the ball gets rolling.....

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No need to speculate -- both families are grieving.
I would think that they are at different levels of grieving. Gabby's dead, nothing that her family could do about it. Brian Laundrie had options available to him after Gabby died or went missing but he made a really bad choice to leave, go back to Florida and say nothing. He is either on the run now and possibly his parents helped throw the police off his trail (police said that they were no longer to go look for him in the reserve), or he is now dead because he could not see a way out of it.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
It appears clear that Brian's parents know far more than anyone thought. If that is in fact the case then they have caused a lot of unnecessary grief for Gabby's family.

No excuse for total silence since September 1st.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would think that they are at different levels of grieving. Gabby's dead, nothing that her family could do about it. Brian Laundrie had options available to him after Gabby died or went missing but he made a really bad choice to leave, go back to Florida and say nothing. He is either on the run now and possibly his parents helped throw the police off his trail (police said that they were no longer to go look for him in the reserve), or he is now dead because he could not see a way out of it.
If it is true that Brian was diagnosed with schizophrenia, then his parents have been suffering a different type of grief. I know this because of my own sister.