• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Parents aged 72 and 76 scammed at Solaris Cancun!

Fred Jones

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Solaris
I have created this group because my parents aged 72 and 76 were invited to a 90 minute presentation. 6 hours and $23,000 USD later, I have had to pay off their credit card debt as the liars, theives, and criminals OF THE CLUB SOLARIS SALES TEAM IN CANCUN refuse to refund and cancell a pointless membership that offers no benefits to any of its members. I have created this site to speak with others who have been scammed by this horrible resort and develop legal avenues to recoup my money parent's money from these deceitful and lying bullies!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
If you’ve started a Facebook page for dissatisfied people who have been scammed by Club Solaris, your link just took me to a Facebook login page. What is the title of your page?

I’m so sorry you & your parents are in this situation & I’m sorry you didn’t know that Mexican law provides a five-day rescission period whereby buyers can rescind their purchases. Most buyers don’t know of the five-day rescission period until it’s too late.

If you feel there was fraud involved you might want to contact Profeco, the Mexican consumer fraud dept. to see if they can offer any help.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
It opened for me Karen. It starts the same as this first post and then has his posts of various resale ads and comments from Trip Advisor.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
One wonders when this all transpired, and if the parents are 'of sound mind', and able to make financial decisions. They were obviously healthy enough to undertake a Cancun vacation. Yes, it was unconscionable for the sales team to think this was an appropriate product to sell these people, but just try telling that to commissioned TS salesweasels.

It sounds like Fred paid off the parents credit card debt. Did they attempt to challenge the purchase?

Even defaulting would have been preferably. After all, why would 72/76 y.o. People need cards with this high of limits?

Fred and the parents should contact PROFECO, then along with his creation of the fb group (for what little good that will do) but start plastering factual warnings all over various travel sites, like Tripadvisor, here, Redweek, everywhere they find Solaris' name. We have seen it work before that buyers have been refunded on the condition that they take down negative comments or issue retractions.

I don't condone the resort's sales tactics, but the family could have covered themselves better, too.

Obviously, if they had found TUG and read the Mexican Timeshare sales FAQ, even up to 5 days after the sale, all this could have been fixed.
Jim

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
It opened for me Karen. It starts the same as this first post and then has his posts of various resale ads and comments from Trip Advisor.
Thanks, Phyllis. I was able to open his link later when I clicked on it from my computer. It didn't work from my phone though.