• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Parc Soleil for Thanksgiving

workshy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how easy/hard it is to book at Park Soleil for Thanksgiving week using Club Reservation window? We've never vacationed during a major holiday. We plan to go Nov. 17 to 23rd this year. If anybody can check for a one bedroom during that time period, that would be lovely. Thank you.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Right now, that is outside the 9-month window, so no one can check availability for you. But I don't think you will have any issues booking it, especially right at the 9-month mark. I always have seen Christmas weeks available at the 9-month mark, and I'm sure that is a much higher-demand week.

Kurt

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Why Parc Soleil? While the buildings / units / immediate grounds are up to Hilton standards the overall location is not good. It sits alone in an area that got caught in the real estate implosion. All that is around it are empty fields - some with now abandoned trailers, construction equipment & 1/8 finished roadways. You virtually have to drive to anything you want even though other resorts in the general area are within walking distance of nearly any restaurant/market/service you could desire.

I doubt you'd have any trouble reserving it as the other Hiltons in the area are in far higher demand.

workshy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is that right? I've stayed at the other Orlando properties (we own at Sea World) and wanted to stay at PC since we haven't been. We will mostly visit Disney parks.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I guess I disagree with John; we have stayed there and I would personally rank it as my favorite Orlando property, with I-drive a close second.

Everything John mentioned is true, but for me personally, what is outside the resort doesn't really matter to me since we always drive to do anything off the property anyway. That is true for any of the Orlando properties. The only exception would be the outlet mall next to I-drive, but we generally do not go mall shopping on our vacations. Parc Soleil is the easiest to get to Disney, IMO.

Parc Soleil has fantastic rooms with good sized balconies. But it is the pool area that tips the scales in our favor. The main pool has a huge zero-entry area that is fantastic for families with small kids. My daughter would spend hours on the waterslide (and I even enjoyed that a few times!). The pool area is huge, and with only two buildings built, it is never crowded. They have a nice bar / restaurant with good service and decent prices, and a well-stocked convenience store. The kids activity staff was good (but they are good at all of the Orlando properties).

With all that said, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at any of the HGVC properties as they are all top-shelf in my book.

Kurt

Last edited:

Purseval

Reaction score
Why Parc Soleil? While the buildings / units / immediate grounds are up to Hilton standards the overall location is not good.

Only if you don't have a car. If you do the location is fantastic. Leave the property and take a left, you run right into Universal Studios. Take a right and you run right into Disney World. You have a tremendous array of shopping a restuarants within minutes. It's our favorite location. All it lacks to make it perfect is a whirlpool bath in the rooms. When they built it they were into this green construction scam so their bathtubs only have a fancy faucet that fills from the ceiling, which gets old fast. A monster whirlpool bath like they have in Sea World would be awesome.

judgerey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Purseval and PigsDad. We own at Seaworld, but stay at Parc Soleil. Enough said.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Only if you don't have a car. If you do the location is fantastic. Leave the property and take a left, you run right into Universal Studios. Take a right and you run right into Disney World. You have a tremendous array of shopping a restuarants within minutes. It's our favorite location. All it lacks to make it perfect is a whirlpool bath in the rooms. When they built it they were into this green construction scam so their bathtubs only have a fancy faucet that fills from the ceiling, which gets old fast. A monster whirlpool bath like they have in Sea World would be awesome.

When I stay in that area - at one of the many other timeshare locations nearby- even DTD - one of the joys is the lack of requirement to drive. I can walk to virtually anything I need and, like PS, drive to Universal, Seworld or Disney within minutes and no I-4 required.

Not so at PS - you would have to drive to anything you desired outside the confines of the resort. Yes it's new & nice but that isolation is a limitation that ruins the overall experience. YMMV. Not a first choice for us nice as the units/immediate grounds are.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I chose P/S for a recent open season rental becuz:
* Seaworld simply isn't that interesting to us.
* I-Drive has an outlet mall in walking distance and my DW likes to shop.

coykan

Reaction score
I don't think it's hard to reserve any of Orlando properties in Thanksgiving if you reserve soon enough. (Don't wait until the last minutes for P/S though. S/W is the easiest to reserve.)

Each one has pros and cons like other ppl said.
I stayed at P/S in 2010. I loved the updated furniture and decorations.
S/W's furniture was a little outdated to me.
If you like shopping, I-drive is good too.

keithinnate

Reaction score

we stayed during thanksgiving in 2010.. booked in the 9 month window with no problem

we stayed at I-drive the first week & parc soliel 2nd week.. when we go back to orlando i will book both weeks at parc soliel.

The resort is much better than any of the other, the rooms are much better & the onsite resturant & shop etc were sooooo much better than idrive. Ok you have the shops that are a little closer with idrive, but we still had to use a car.. we never walked to them . and while parc soliel is at the end of a road which has nothing around it.. you jump in the car and you have an olive garden etc at the end of the road that parc soliel is on

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
9 month window is open now. I just booked seaworld.

paluamalia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN
Parc Soleil

We are at Parc Soleil right now and it is a great spot
Not crowded and easy to get anywhere
Units are new and comfy
Great bathrooms

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
My wife and I stayed at Parc Soleil in July 2012. It was lovely. I have posted the TUG Banner and some additional photos.

mastequila

Reaction score
I guess I disagree with John; we have stayed there and I would personally rank it as my favorite Orlando property, with I-drive a close second.

Everything John mentioned is true, but for me personally, what is outside the resort doesn't really matter to me since we always drive to do anything off the property anyway. That is true for any of the Orlando properties. The only exception would be the outlet mall next to I-drive, but we generally do not go mall shopping on our vacations. Parc Soleil is the easiest to get to Disney, IMO.

Parc Soleil has fantastic rooms with good sized balconies. But it is the pool area that tips the scales in our favor. The main pool has a huge zero-entry area that is fantastic for families with small kids. My daughter would spend hours on the waterslide (and I even enjoyed that a few times!). The pool area is huge, and with only two buildings built, it is never crowded. They have a nice bar / restaurant with good service and decent prices, and a well-stocked convenience store. The kids activity staff was good (but they are good at all of the Orlando properties).

With all that said, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at any of the HGVC properties as they are all top-shelf in my book.

Kurt

I second this review. We actually have gone over Thanksgiving week twice with no issues booking. Last year I booked 5 rooms for a huge family trip with no issues. I love the property and do not mind driving to wherever we need to go.