• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Parasailing in Cancun

Princess Tink

Reaction score
We will be staying at the Royal Carribean in May......and taking my 10 yr old son this time around. He told me he really wants to do 2 things while in Cancun this year.....PARASAIL & Swim with the Dolphins. So my question is:

Will we be able to Parasail while at the RC, and how much should i expect to pay? We will do a tandem (I think is what it's called), cuz I'm his wingman for adventurous things....and he's almost as big as I am, so 2 adults.

AND if you have any advise on the other (Swim with the Dolphins), that's welcome as well. I was thinking maybe Xcaret....via tour with Entertainment +.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Micaela

jspang

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should be able to parasail right in front of the RC. There will be people asking all day long, just keep your eyes open and they just accept cash and you can negoiate. Just don't do it on a windy day, we watched two ropes break in a 30 minute time one day at the Royal Sands and the people drifted toward the lagoon. We hope they made it and not on the street. All boats departed and were not around the rest of the week. Not to scare you but make sure the weather is calm. Your idea of going to Xcaret is perfect for a dolphin swim, they do a good job there. Make sure someone in your group videos - you can also buy a video that they take for you. Have fun!

Cheryl17

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My guide book cautions against parasailing in Mexico. Near Puerto Vallarta I saw an elderly man land in the water, and the parasail landed on top of him. He could have drowned, but he appeared to be O.K. Perhaps consider taking your son parasailing on a trip in the United States and find a different adventure in or near Cancun.

Princess Tink

Reaction score
Very good....I may rethink the whole parasailing thing depending on what I witness. I appreciate the word of warning...maybe we'll save that for another destination.

Mike&Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Princess Tink
The last time we were there most of the parasailing boats had a large deck on the rear of the boat and were launching from there. They have a large reel with rope and once they have the parasail started they let more rope out, then reel it in. No more starting and landing on shore. There are some reputable ones down there and a couple that operate on the lagoon side. Just ask at the Thomas More booth, then observe a couple of flights. I know the have a couple that carry 2 people at a time

Mike

jschmidt

Reaction score
The Royal Resorts advises against parasailing. If you go to the Sunday morning orientation program you will hear this advice. The rumor is several people have been plastered onto the side of building walls. I personally have not seen anyone smacked into a building wall, but I bet it hurts. Your choice!

Last edited: