• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Palmetto Dunes/Shipyard area of Hilton Head Island

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Admittedly I'm trying to save some time here by not having to go through and map every timeshare that would fit my bill. If you'd like to help, please name any timeshares that you know of that are in the Palmetto Dunes/Shipyard vicinity, preferable on the ocean side of 278. Thank you!

Phillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Codes for Interval on HHI

A while ago I went through the Interval book and wrote down every code for all the properties on HHI so I could look them up all at one time. I don't know if this is helpful but here.

MHB,MHZ,MGA,MAO,MSU,MBY,MBP,MCV,MEM,MCU,MCP,MDS,MPD,MFV,MFC,MGC,MC1,MGO,MGV,MGR,MHH,HPS,MHG,MIP,MKW,MKO,MK1,MLE,MMC,MMB,MMO,MMS,MVL,MOU,NCV,MPB,MOW,MPU,MP1,MUZ,MRP,MSP,MRD,MSK,MDO,MVB,MEV,MSW,MSN,MSF,MML,MVF,MVD,MAW,MGK,MCP,BWA,TCI,HYC,ILK,IL1,MKC,MBY,MGO,MHH,HPS,MHG,MMS,MSN,MSF,MNH,OVW,MPC,PYS,MPO,MRQ,RDY,RD1,SWE,MSB,MSS,MTO,VPD,VPL

I have the same for every Marriott property too.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Non Marriott timeshare resorts that we liked are the following, Royal Dunes, Port O' Call and Spinnaker @ Shipyard Plantation.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Hi Sue,

Timeshares that fit your criteria that I can think of off the top of my head:

Royal Dunes Resort
Port Royal Plantation: Ocean Palms Resort, Island Links Resort
Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort
Village at Palmetto Dunes
Ocean Cove Club
Coral Sands Resort

Shipyard Plantation:
Port O'Call
Coral Reef Resort
Cottages at Shipyard
Brigatine Quarters
Carolina Club
Egret Point
Southwind Villas

Hope this helps

Richard

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Thanks all! :) I may be looking for rentals for an upcoming family trip but nothing's set in stone and I'm not ready to commit. If/when the time comes this will all be very helpful.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Sue,

Timeshares that fit your criteria that I can think of off the top of my head:

Royal Dunes Resort
Port Royal Plantation: Ocean Palms Resort, Island Links Resort
Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort
Village at Palmetto Dunes
Ocean Cove Club
Coral Sands Resort

Shipyard Plantation:
Port O'Call
Coral Reef Resort
Cottages at Shipyard
Brigatine Quarters
Carolina Club
Egret Point
Southwind Villas

Hope this helps

Richard

Sue,

I forgot to add Seawatch at Island Club to the list. It's in a gated community directly on the Beach a little south of Barony and Westin. The address is 85 Folly Field Road, Hilton Head, SC 29928. The two buildings that comprise Seawatch are U-shaped with the closed end of the U facing the beach/ocean and I think have the 3-bedroom units. You don't want the first floor in those units because the dunes would block your view of the ocean. Many of the units on the sides of the building would have partial ocean view - especially on the higher floors - these would be the two-bedroom units.

The Island Club also has privately owned condos in the development and another timeshare called Ocean View at the Island Club. I think the name is a poor choice because the units don't really have Ocean views - rather they have views of a Lagoon that runs through the property and the building is set back from the beach. I think Seawatch and Ocean View were the first timeshares on Hilton Head.

For more info see www.seawatchislandclub.com

We haven't stayed there for a few years but when we did, we really enjoyed it and I think it still gets good reviews on TripAdvisor.

Richard

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Sue, the above post about Island Club may be something you want to consider, especially since you own at Barony right next door. We stayed at Island Club Ocean View back in July on an RCI exchange. It's not quite Marriott quality - mainly because its an older complex - but we're pretty picky about our accommodations and we were happy there. I think it's the only Hilton Head timeshare with on-site ocean access other than the four beachside Marriotts. We posted a review in the review section if you want to look at that. Also, I have some photos of the property in the Hilton Head gallery at the photo link in my signature, below.

As Richard said, Island Club is within walking distance of Barony, so if you have a larger group and need multiple rooms you could split between Barony and Island Club and still be close by. Also makes it easier to use Barony day use privileges.

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sue, the above post about Island Club may be something you want to consider, especially since you own at Barony right next door. We stayed at Island Club Ocean View back in July on an RCI exchange. It's not quite Marriott quality - mainly because its an older complex - but we're pretty picky about our accommodations and we were happy there. I think it's the only Hilton Head timeshare with on-site ocean access other than the four beachside Marriotts. We posted a review in the review section if you want to look at that. Also, I have some photos of the property in the Hilton Head gallery at the photo link in my signature, below.

As Richard said, Island Club is within walking distance of Barony, so if you have a larger group and need multiple rooms you could split between Barony and Island Club and still be close by. Also makes it easier to use Barony day use privileges.

Is Seawatch the resort next door to the public beach access? They looked like private condos from the road?

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is Seawatch the resort next door to the public beach access? They looked like private condos from the road?

I don't remember there being Public Beach Access from Folly Field Road but their might be. If so, then probably yes. Seawatch is in a gated community and some of the buildings are private condos and some buildings are the timeshares.

Richard

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't remember there being Public Beach Access from Folly Field Road but their might be. If so, then probably yes. Seawatch is in a gated community and some of the buildings are private condos and some buildings are the timeshares.

Richard

Is this resort near the Barony? From the Barony turn left and there is a public parking complex section that will lead you to the beach and I believe the resort is on the left side of Folly Field Road.

Last edited:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is this resort near the Barony? From the Barony turn left and there is a public parking complex section that will lead you to the beach and I believe the resort is on the left side of Folly Field Road.

Hi Pedro,

Yes, Seawatch is near Barony - but it is south of Barony. So it depends on whether you are facing Barony from the Beach or Facing Barony from Highway 78 which way turning Left will take you. The Resort is on the Right side of Folly Field Road if you enter Folly Field Road from Highway 78 - Folly Field Road curves around and dead-ends near the Westin/Barony.

Richard

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to own at the Village at Palmetto Dunes. It is on the ocean side of 278. The Resort was decent with close proximity to two gold courses. The downside IMO was the walk to the beach.

George