• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Palm Springs....Villas I vs II?

bdurstta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Big Bear, Hyatt Vacation Club (Hyatt Highlands), Marriott (Grand Chateau)
Can someone tell me the main differences between I & II? I remember that I has access to pool & stuff during the week, but what about room configuration? Difference between efficiency & 1 bedroom? Just my husband and I.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
You can’t go wrong with either section. For a week stay or longer we would prefer the 1BR side rather than the lock off.

The villas in DSVI are a bit larger and have a sunken living room. The lock off in this section has two queen beds and they remodeled them within the last couple of years to make them better by moving the kitchenette area to a side wall and adding a larger refrigerator. Some people like to avoid the units in buildings that run along Cook Street, but we didn’t mind it. There is a hole of the golf course between the buildings and the road. It is also closer to the JW in case you want to walk over there.

DSVII units are also very nice. The main differences for us is that the lock off studio has one bed and a hide-a-bed, and it has a smaller refrigerator.

Either way, you have access to all of the pools and other facilities. We love the resort overall. Have fun.

Best regards.

Mike

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
ONE big advantage of DSV 1 over DSV 2...... DSV 1 has NO ROFR.

So, if you are buying a unit at DSV 1 then the agreed sale price is a done deal and you don't have to go thru the BS of ROFR and worry about Marriott grabbing it back right under your nose!

And, as mjm1 stated, the units in DSV 1 are larger; perhaps the largest in the system!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If walk-in shower is important to you and you are considering a studio, go with DSV I. DSV I studio is 50% larger than DSV II studio, and it has both a walk-in shower and a bathtub. DSV I 1BR is also larger than DSV II 1BR, and the former also has a fireplace in the living room. There is also no connecting door between DSV I 1BR and the studio, giving occupants on both sides more privacy. The only thing to beware of is that DSV 1 studio has no view other than the air conditioning compressor if you are assigned a non-corner room.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Can someone tell me the main differences between I & II? I remember that I has access to pool & stuff during the week, but what about room configuration? Difference between efficiency & 1 bedroom? Just my husband and I.
DSV-I is the original and the largest. The studio is larger than DSV-II but there is no view, likely will be the parking lot. There are only 2 floors, no elevators. DSV-I is closer to the JW and has privleges there, if that is of interest. DSV-II is newer and units are smaller. Look at Google maps, some locations may get noise from the JW and from the neighboring streets. Great resort no matter which you choose.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
We enjoy DSV2 more for a variety of reasons. There are many more pond views in DSV2, which we like. If you go with DSV1, don't get the villas along Cook St. If you like extra quiet and peaceful, you want DSV2, Jasmine Court section but be aware this is away from everything (which is what some people want), you'll need the shuttle or a car to get to activities. Some people hate Jasmine too! DSV2 outside is more attractive. But it's definitely smaller. Though, the 2 story dining rooms in some villas in DSV2 are very nice.

bdurstta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So the studios in DSV I ONLY have 2 queen beds? Studios in DSV II have a king bed ANd hide a bed? (murphy bed?) Mostly it will be the 2 of us so I don't know if we really need a 1 bedroom? thinking of a November stay. Trying to use points for this year.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
So the studios in DSV I ONLY have 2 queen beds? Studios in DSV II have a king bed ANd hide a bed? (murphy bed?) Mostly it will be the 2 of us so I don't know if we really need a 1 bedroom? thinking of a November stay. Trying to use points for this year.

Yes, that is correct. And DSVII has a hide-a-bed rather than a Murphy bed.

Mike

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score

Look at picture 4,5,6 for DSV1:

https://www.marriottvacationclub.co...rriotts-desert-springs-villas/accommodations/

Look at picture 18 and 20 for DSV2:

https://www.marriottvacationclub.com/vacation-resorts/ctdvi-marriotts-desert-springs-villas-ii/

If you go DSV1, make sure it's a corner room as vacationforever says.

Sullco2

Reaction score
Just before the Covid-19 mess hit we were in a DSV-1 studio rented through an agent. We neglected to call ahead to voice a preference so were almost as far from the clubhouse as you could get. Great for walkers, not so great for those who can't or don't. My only complaint was a lack of storage for food items. Luckily I am very tall and used the top of the cabinets. Bathroom set up is superior, balcony is certainly large enough for two but we had a parking area view. Spa use is a nice bonus. A new wrinkle is the motion sensitive, floor-mounted light that shines down from the nightstands. Good for middle of the night bathroom runs, but it will confuse you at first. Now you are forewarned. I would not stay anywhere else in the Coachella Valley and hope to get back there when this all blows over.

bdurstta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you eeryone. That is why I love TUG. Always have gotten the best info!!!