• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Palm Beach Shores Advice

CNolan11

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking to rent a week in Florida in March and see plenty of weeks available at Palm Beach Shores for low price-$600 for 1B. The reviews on TUG are solid and I read the recent thread on a special assessment. However the reviews on TripAdvisor are not nearly as flattering. So..

Why so many available for rent?
What is the current status of the resort? Closer to the TUG reviews or the TA review?

Thanks.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshares often get less than stellar reviews on TA. The public doesn't always appreciate the difference between timeshare and a conventional hotel. So the lack of daily maid service and the general indifference you get from the front desk usually outweigh the other benefits.

I own at Palm Beach Shores, although I haven't stayed there in a while. I'd rate it highly, except the 1-BRs can be cramped for four.

MoiAl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there 2 years ago. The unit was spacious for the 2 of us. It wouldn't be good for 2 couples. we thought the resort was great, clean, comfortable. The only thing was the small pool area. The beach was not so good foer walking as the sand was soft and there was quite a slope to it. We like to walk the beach. We enjoyed the village atmosphere on Singer Island.
Alton

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed @ Marriott Ocean Pointe (MPB) last year; which is very close to PBS... We took a walk to check out Palm Beach Shores....... Without bashing the resort, I'll say it was just ok..... No comparison to MPB... As a matter of fact, we're going back to MPB in April..
Maybe you can get a reservation @ MPB..

caribbean

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We were there a couple years back and liked it. The rooms were nice and in pretty good condition. Really small kitchen, but huge bathroom. Pool area cramped, but the beach was nice and really great for taking long walks. For $600 you can't go wrong. Good value.

Keep in mind a lot of people doing reviews on TA are not timeshare owners and have a different expectation of a "resort" like room service, etc. They tend to want to be waited on hand and foot as compared to timesharers that take care of ourselves for a larger space at a better value.

I always say that there are a lot of places that are nice enough that I will trade into and be happy. But very few that I like well enough to want to own and return to frequently. I would put Palm Beach Shores in the first category. I'd go back.

Last edited:

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
i own 2 weeks at PBS and love it there. use my units EVERY year. i also own marriotts and while the resort may not be as large as a marriott the rooms are kept spotlessly clean and the activities and tiki bar are GREAT. also has live music by the pool EVERYDAY. don't go by the reviews on TA(some of those people wouldn't be happy anywhere but a RITZ CARLTON) go and judge for yourself. i purchased resale 5 years ago and haven't ever regretted it.
as for the s/a 1 of my marriotts increased $400. PLUS a $500 s/a while PBS s/a was $270.00 and the m/f increased $5.00.
same beach as the marriott for about 1/3 the price. you do the math.