• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

applekor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ-VG (3 bd pool phase 1 and phase 3),WSJ-BV (3bd, 2bd loft),WKV,VBC
I looked at our credit spending including travel, dining, etc and not considering annual fees, the SPG AMEX looks like it would net us 30-35% more points. It looks like the fact that CSR gives 1pt on everything besides travel and dining, while AMEX gives 2pts. We put a lot of non travel/dining expenditures on our card.

I dont see us using the airport lounges or TSA discount either.

Remember that the two points you get on the spg card are less than one point in the CSR card. They watered down the points with the Marriott merger. They really should have given 3 points on all other spending but they didn’t. It now takes 3 times as many points to book a room with Your spg card then it did before August..

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I looked at our credit spending including travel, dining, etc and not considering annual fees, the SPG AMEX looks like it would net us 30-35% more points. It looks like the fact that CSR gives 1pt on everything besides travel and dining, while AMEX gives 2pts. We put a lot of non travel/dining expenditures on our card.

I dont see us using the airport lounges or TSA discount either.
Marriott points are no longer valuable to me. I cannot get enough value from the Amex SPG card to make it worth our while.

I would do the math for you, but TPG does the math: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/monthly-valuations/

triangulum33

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2005 WKORN
Ok, I understand. I was assuming you would be converting Chase to Marriott pts.

TPG screenshots in this article about the Chase travel portal appear to be getting $.01 - .015 per point value on flights that were search through the Expedia/Connexions portals.
Where does the $.02 value he shows come from? Booking other types of rewards besides travel?

BK2019

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Saratoga Springs
HGVC Paradise
Does the Chase Sapphire Preferred/Reserved still provide the travel multiplier on TS maintenance fees?

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
The annual Sapphire Reserve fee went up to $550 per year. AE Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant card is still $450 with many of the same benefits. 70,000bonus points.

CaliSunshine

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Chase 100K offer is ending soon, if you'd rather do that. Still, 3x UR is valued by TPG at around 6 cents per dollar, vs. 6x Marriott at around 4.8 cents per dollar.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
My renewal does not come around until November, so I got another year basically at the lower fee. Not happy about the increase, as the additional benefits offered I am not sure I will get back the extra $100 it costs. But I do far exceed my fee in terms of what I get out of it.

I figure my eating on travel days at the restaurants in the airport using the Priority Pass card benefits, over the course of a year makes up for the increase in fees for me at least. I have used Lyft discounts but I have yet to use Doordash benefits.

BK2019

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Saratoga Springs
HGVC Paradise
The Chase 100K offer is ending soon, if you'd rather do that. Still, 3x UR is valued by TPG at around 6 cents per dollar, vs. 6x Marriott at around 4.8 cents per dollar.

When UR points are transferred to TPG do the points transfer 1:1 but TPG just values them higher or is there a multiplier at the time of transfer.

CaliSunshine

TUG Member
Reaction score
UR transfer to Bonvoy is 1:1, which is a bad transfer for most people. But there are better ones with airlines and with Hyatt.

Gordgeous

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO
For any Canadians reading this, I can confirm the Amex Canada Mariott Bonvoy earns 5 BV points per Canadian Dollar spent on your Vistana/Marriott maintenance fees.

At least it did for me with my newly acquired SDO VOI and first set of annual fees paid last month.

People are likely aware, but Interval International fees do not qualify as Marriott spend on the Canadian Amex despite II being owned by Marriott. Would be very nice if that changed in the future.