• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Packing lists

kpgclark

Reaction score
Can someone direct me to a packing list for things to bring when you travel to a timeshare? I know I've seen one but I can't find it.

ontariotripper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that reply dave and thanks kpgclark for even knowing there was a list! Having read it I'm a little overwhelmed by the things you should bring to your timeshare. I've never done this before, so please, are there kinds of things that are already there like sugar,salt/pepper, tea/coffee etc. Does it vary from place to place as to what is already in a timeshare? I just assumed when it says "full kitchen" things like dish soap, paper towels, laundry soap etc people would just leave behind for the next person.

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
ontariotripper said:
Having read it I'm a little overwhelmed by the things you should bring to your timeshare.

Remember that that list is "The Anal Retentive Traveler's List of Things To Bring To A Timeshare Vacation." You don't have to bring all of that. Just modify the list to what works for you. Sometimes, I have traveled with just about three days' worth of clothes, a Zip Loc bag full of laundry detergent, my wallet, and my toiletries.

happybaby

TUG Member
Reaction score
When going to a timeshare, they have the cooking utensils etc.

If driving, I usally pack salt, pepper, some seasonings, cooking oil,coffee and coffee filters, sm. dish soap, sm. dishwasher tablets,sm. container of laundry detergent, aluminum foil, zip lock bags, beach towels, 1 roll paper towels and some canned or boxed goods and snacks. And of course personal items.

This year we are flying and I will still try to pack some of the above but maybe omit the food.

gidat1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Inquirew about..

It all depends upon if you are going to cook breakfast, or lunch at the resort, what kind of kitchen they have, and how much you like to spend eating out. ( Never mind the callories)

Call the resort and ask them if they have any large grocery stores near by. If you have a car I would buy most of the things there only. Shop with the thought in a mind that you will be throwing away most of the stuff you do not eat. If you are in to exotic coffee or spices, by all means bring them. Suntan lotions is a must if you are going to sunny areas. Allmost got sunburn last week in DaytonaHershey's race...

Goodluck.

Phil

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The list is designed to generally be overly-inclusive.

Before we travel, I print out the list, mark the things I want to pack with a highlighter, and add any additional items. Then, as I'm packing, I just cross of the items I've highlighted or added.

JanB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Most timeshares we've been to supply dish soap, paper towels, dishwasher soap, face/bath soap, coffee filters and salt and pepper. However, the Imperial of Waikiki did not supply the salt and pepper. It was ~$2 for the travel size at the ABC store just next door - we left it there. Worldmark is the only timeshare we've stayed in that supplies a variety of other spices. I have also found that if there is a washer/dryer in the unit, a one-use box of laundry detergent is supplied. Not so if there is a central laundry. Also, anything left in the unit is cleared out by housekeeping when preparing the unit for the next guests.

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
gidat1 said:
It all depends upon if you are going to cook breakfast, or lunch at the resort, what kind of kitchen they have, and how much you like to spend eating out. ( Never mind the callories)

Call the resort and ask them if they have any large grocery stores near by. If you have a car I would buy most of the things there only. Shop with the thought in a mind that you will be throwing away most of the stuff you do not eat. If you are in to exotic coffee or spices, by all means bring them. Suntan lotions is a must if you are going to sunny areas. Allmost got sunburn last week in DaytonaHershey's race...

Goodluck.

Phil

Depending on where you are going most of the time I also pack our beach towels because I like the size of them for the pool/beach better than the smaller resort towels.