• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oyster Pointe Sebastian FL RCI # 0775

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
we just returned from Oyster Pointe on the beautiful Indian River across the bridge from Vero Beach. I heard about it from the "TS with unique amenities" thread. OP and sister resort Oyster Bar offer small boats for the week for $100 extra, which was the main draw for us. We found our unit clean and well supplied, furniture fairly new, bed reasonable comfy (queen and 2 twins), decor somewhat outdated, but they plan further renovations soon. The pool was nice with plenty of chairs/umbrellas. Boats right across a small street with a small "beach" area with chairs, gazebo, palm trees, tennis courts. Most people come ever year (some for 4+ weeks) and knew each other. All were friendly to us as well. The area is very laid back and not fancy like across the bridge over at Vero Beach.
We could walk to an assortment of good eateries serving coconut encrusted snapper to fantastic pizza. It's next to Capt Hiram's which has a fun beach bar and gets rockin on the weekend. I enjoyed listening to music from my balcony--they ended about 11pm. We were 6 units away. It might have been to loud if we were the end unit. We had a very nice spring getaway. The main downside--as the boats (to go fishing) were a big draw for us, we were disappointed to find that the fishing has suffered (fishing 4x almost nil for us) in that area of the Indian River--I heard from fertilizer run-off.

Last edited:

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you from me too. We're going there in December, also inspired by the same unique-amenities thread. Plus we drove past it I'm sure a couple of years ago while staying in Satellite Beach, similar time of year, and liked the area generally.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Laurie, walkable Mo-bay grill looks like a dive, but has a real chef and excellent food. Owner is Jamaican, his grandson was our waiter 2x. Vics pizza very good. Butchers table, new, got good reviews and was very crowded with locals.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not realize it was next to Capt. Hiram. We had dinner here last month - would have loved to "check it out" - sort of. I was also interested in it when reading about the amenities and the boat for an extra $100 a week. I looked at some pictures and was a bit worried - too outdated/not great reviews.

Thank you. We will be going back to Vero next March. Will do a drive by and look at some reviews/pictures again.

Thank you so much for sharing - any pictures? Did you do a trade?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No photos. Yes traded via Rci in June 2020 for March 2021. Decor is a bit outdated-but furniture is fairly new. Bed was not pillow top, etc., but comfortable enough and I am quite picky. I was prepared to buy a foam topper but didn’t need it.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
No photos. Yes traded via Rci in June 2020 for March 2021. Decor is a bit outdated-but furniture is fairly new. Bed was not pillow top, etc., but comfortable enough and I am quite picky. I was prepared to buy a foam topper but didn’t need it.

Thank you Elaine.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We purchased a week there but only stayed one time. We like the area, just not happy with the week we bought. We don’t fish so the boat rental wasn’t anything we wanted. If you go to their page they have several weeks for sale. Very reasonable price. We just didn’t feel the vibe there, did not feel welcome.
Just my opinion others might love the place.
They took back the week without any problems.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Here is info on weeks for sale