• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oyster Pointe/Bay Sebastian, FL — update

JerseyJim

Reaction score
First, our Canadian guests and owners including many friends,had to be home by March 23rd because their out of country insurance would no longer cover them. Poof, they were gone.

On March 28th the Florida Governor mandated there be no more vacation rentals and then owners began cancelling their stays. By April 2nd no new guests were permitted here. The remaining owners dwindled down and as I write this my wife , Sherry , myself and one other owner are the only occupants. The boats were shut down and the pool and tennis courts were closed . All the rooms were then disinfected for everyone's safety.

Most of the resort housekeeping staff was laid off by mid month. Our manager, Pam, has the core housekeeping staff doing deep cleanings of all the rooms. Our maintenance team opted to work and they are updating as many rooms as they can. This will accelerate that project by a couple of years. Outside contractors are installing tiled showers to continue replacing the old tubs and another contractor is here replacing all our gutters. Life handed us a lemon and the resort team is figuratively making lemonade. They hope to be in full operation soon.
8C09E735-79AA-4F50-A4B2-0DD599A8C6E0.png
hope to be in

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
we saw this resort and have considered it in the past. does anyone who wants a boat get one? I'd be very disappointed if we couldn't get a boat, as that's the main reason we'd stay there.

JerseyJim

Reaction score
we saw this resort and have considered it in the past. does anyone who wants a boat get one? I'd be very disappointed if we couldn't get a boat, as that's the main reason we'd stay there.
Yes. When you check in you can rent the boat for the week for $100. You can use a boat from 8am til 5PM. most people stay out for a couple of hours so usually boat is available.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
good to know. that makes sense. thanks!
are oyster pointe RCI#0775 and bay #0211 the same place/condos?

JerseyJim

Reaction score
good to know. that makes sense. thanks!
are oyster pointe RCI#0775 and bay #0211 the same place/condos?
They are in the same Resort. The Pointe and the Bay are separated by a Motel in between them. The Bay tends to be a little quieter than the Pointe. Both are across the street from Capt. Hirams , rocking music venue on weekends with an outdoor SandBar. The Pointe is Fri to Fri and the Bay is Sat to Sat. This is a family oriented place and there are a lot of seniors here as well as the “ children” of people who bought here in the early 1980’s.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thanks. Are the 2BR configurations the same? Is one nicer or more desirable than the other?

JerseyJim

Reaction score
thanks. Are the 2BR configurations the same? Is one nicer or more desirable than the other?
All the 2 bedrooms are the same. Several have been remodeled and the rest will be done in the coming months. You can call me this week or next at Oyster Pointe and I would be glad to answer any questions 772 589-6513 Room 106 (ext 2106) Jim

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thanks. you answered everything, but I appreciate it. this one has been on my radar b/c of those boats!