• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owning Both resale & developer points in one account

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
Fellow Travelers,

We are already Platinum, and additionally have been buying one time points. We would like to have more annual points. Considering both buying more developer points or resale points. If the question is simply money, of course resale makes the most sense, but I'm concerned about other caveats that may occur.

An additional thought I've had, although not based on any real information, is that if we add resale points, and are moving to 100,000 points, when and if WM makes a 100 club, they would perhaps grandfather those in, if I keep the new points in the same account. When travel share came about, WM grandfathered in our resale points.

If you own both developer & resale points in the same account, or if this is something you have experience with I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own accounts where I have both WTS and WM credits. Works just fine.

Now since you own a plat account with free HKT, not sure if this will work since the WM (resale) credits may not work with this.

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Assume you have a WM Account with 90,000 Points - 70,000 WTS Points and 20,000 WM Points. When you make a regular WM Reservation the Reservation System should first draw from the WM Points. If it does not, call OC and get it fixed. This is assuming all your various Points have the same expiration date. So by the time you have used all your HKC all your WM Points should be long gone and your free Travelshare Housekeeping should kick in. This will not happen if you have saved Points from prior year(s). The Reservation System will draw first from the Points expiring first.

Assume you have used up all your WM Points and all your current HKC. You are making a Reservation either online or via telephone. You will be asked if you want to borrow a HKC from next year. THE ANSWER IS NO. Use your Travelshare Free Housekeeping.

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
That's very clear and understandable, Very appreciated ~

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
I own accounts where I have both WTS and WM credits. Works just fine.

Now since you own a plat account with free HKT, not sure if this will work since the WM (resale) credits may not work with this.
Thank you for your response, I'm glad to know that it is easy to use, I was somewhat worried that Wyndham would make it difficult.