• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

owners.marriottvacationclub.com CURRENT IT ISSUES [MERGED]

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
No, and I've been waiting on the phone since they opened, too. I love how the hold message says, in a helpful, friendly voice, that if you don't want to wait on the phone, you can use the website! :rolleyes:
I don't think they really appreciate my patience, like "she" says they do!
On hold now for 24 minutes.

Last edited:

Wahoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Ocean Watch
Anyone in yet?
Nope... Did call in and got an agent, but no 12-month availability for the Christmas 2023 week I was hoping to book. I would not be surprised if the inventory has not loaded yet (because of their IT issues), as it seems the web is down for everyone and I doubt all 4 check-in dates for Christmas weekend were truly booked by phone already.

rickxylon

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aruba Ocean Club
Aruba Surf Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Phuket Beach Club
Just got this message on the site

Due to system maintenance, this area of the web site is unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Ddaley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Finally go through on the phone. Fixed weeks but no availability fo 2 of the check-in days. Okay so not ideal but at least one day available. Went to book New Years and then disaster. The agent used my fixed week 52 to book week 51 so he had to cancel and tried to rebook but showing no availability! System then locked- out. What incompetence!

Michigan Czar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club Annual, 2 x Marriott's Maui Ocean Club Odd
I finally got through on the phone. Nothing available for Christmas week and I asked if inventory was loaded, and she said she has booked Christmas dates for others this morning.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called MVC at opening and tried getting online at the same time. I was never able to login to my account online, but finally talked with an advisor after waiting 32 minutes, who told me all units have been booked for the holiday week.

Last edited:

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got this message on the site

Due to system maintenance, this area of the web site is unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience.
It is pretty bad when even the main login page doesn't work. I wonder what areas of the website are available. The website for the sales demonstrations is likely working.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Same. Not working here.

"Our Apologies
Due to system maintenance, this area of the web site is unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience."

As an IT person, it's frustrating MVCI still cannot get reliability after months and months. They clearly are lacking in this area.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called MVC at opening and tried getting online at the same time. I was never able to login to my account online, but finally talked with an advisor after waiting 32 minutes, who told me all units have been booked for the holiday week.
All owners should get a refund of the MF's that go to the 'owners services' as well as half of the 'management' fee because we aren't receiving the value of the product that we purchases.

eyedude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Newport Coast (Platinum Plus and Platinum), Marriott Mountainside (ski week), Marriott Maui Ocean Club Lahaina (week 34,35 and 49,50), DSV 2 (red)
In the same boat...can't get online. I have asked for a call back... they say its a 14 minute wait. I have a fixed holiday week so if they tell me nothing is available, something is wrong with the system.

Ddaley

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the same boat...can't get online. I have asked for a call back... they say its a 14 minute wait. I have a fixed holiday week so if they tell me nothing is available, something is wrong with the system.
I have fixed holiday weeks as well trying to book back to back. Tried at the 13 month window but was told no inventory. Called today and the agent used my fixed week 52 to book week 51 and they cannot fix the error because there are now no week 51's available. Fixed weeks that cannot be booked is definitely a major issue!

eyedude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Newport Coast (Platinum Plus and Platinum), Marriott Mountainside (ski week), Marriott Maui Ocean Club Lahaina (week 34,35 and 49,50), DSV 2 (red)
I have fixed holiday weeks as well trying to book back to back. Tried at the 13 month window but was told no inventory. Called today and the agent used my fixed week 52 to book week 51 and they cannot fix the error because there are now no week 51's available. Fixed weeks that cannot be booked is definitely a major issue!
Got a call back and was able to book my week. I have a week 52 at NCV. The check in days for week 52 were supposed to be (Sunday) Dec 24, (Friday) 29, or (Saturday) 30. He let me book week 51 so I was able to get Saturday-Saturday on Dec 23-30. He said he would email me my confirmation but that was 90 minutes ago and I still have not received it. Of course, I can not log in to check my reservations.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has ANYONE been able to get online today? I've cleared my computer countless times, changed browsers and am still getting spinning circles.

ACP

TUG Member
Reaction score
What can I say that has not already been said, currently on the phone to Cork - "We are so sorry for the problems our IT dept are looking at it at the moment" therein lies the problem it's their IT team

rickxylon

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aruba Ocean Club
Aruba Surf Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Phuket Beach Club
I now get the login page but keep coming back to it repeatedly. Can’t get past that.

eyedude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

eyedude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is working for me now

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, me, too. Just confirming there’s nothing left to book.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Same. Not working here.

"Our Apologies
Due to system maintenance, this area of the web site is unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience."

As an IT person, it's frustrating MVCI still cannot get reliability after months and months. They clearly are lacking in this area
Way way beyond frustrating…its a total lack of RESPECT for OWNERS!

Jim Mc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: (2) Grand Vista, Ocean Watch Grand Dunes, Waiohai Beach Club, Maui Ocean Club, Playa Andaluza Malaga Spain and 4,500 Abound Club Points (2) Master Villas Mesquite NV
Way way beyond frustrating…its a total lack of RESPECT for OWNERS!
And to think they promoted the head of IT to CEO.......

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel bad for the CSRs. How much apologizing are they expected to do before the company gets its s together? Disgraceful. Someone mentioned they should issue a partial refund in MFs for all this unnecessary aggravation. Fat chance.