• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Currently at Westin Nanea and haven't seen the "concierge" yet but I know they will try to get me to attend the owner update.

I'm curious what the best incentives are being offered for attending the owner update. Also, I have found that sometimes better incentives are offered off-property like Whalers Village. Has anyone had that experience?

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
Currently at Westin Nanea and haven't seen the "concierge" yet but I know they will try to get me to attend the owner update.

I'm curious what the best incentives are being offered for attending the owner update. Also, I have found that sometimes better incentives are offered off-property like Whalers Village. Has anyone had that experience?
During our Encore stay at WKOR back in early February this is what we were offered: “The Thank-you gift options for attending the presentation are 30,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points, $150 Resort Credit, 2 Free tickets to a whale watch or sunset sail (Teralani, Gemini, Pacwhale) or B1G1 Helicopter tour to Molokai voyage.” YMMV.

klpenny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harboside Atlantis, Sheraton Flex ,Vidanta
We were at Nanea in January and were also offered 30,000 Marriott Points or the $150 resort credit. Not the other things.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
I've never heard of Owner Updates being offered off property. Anything offered off property I would expect would be a sales pitch to prospective new buyers.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are only talking to new customers at WKORV. Existing owner updates are at Nanea. They say they only offer club points to new customers. Existing customers can still buy the legacy products.

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
They are only talking to new customers at WKORV. Existing owner updates are at Nanea. They say they only offer club points to new customers. Existing customers can still buy the legacy products.
Yes, this is exactly how it went down and what we were told at our update in February. We had to leave WKOR and go to Nanea because we were existing owners, and only new customers meet with sales at WKOR. We were also told legacy products would no longer be available for sale to existing owners after 3/31/2023 (sales guy, mouth open and moving, so who knows).

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Read on a Facebook page they are scheduling 75 minutes now and not 90. I guess 75 is the new half day???

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
We were offered $150 or 30K Bonvoy points or a list of activities. 90 minutes, not 75. The concierge said that the Westin bags were in limited supply so that I could only get one per stay, not per week (we are here for two). I don't need another bag, but it's annoying that they are so cheap on the bags (wish they would give out something besides bags anyway). She also insisted that the 12 month booking window was going away and that I really should attend an update or a general info (no gift) to be sure.

When we checked in last week, the front desk said that Marriott nixed the special occasion gifts that they used to give out at North (Wellina) or the front desk (wine, beer) for birthdays and anniversaries.

The soap bars in the villa are the kind we get at a Springhill Suites. The White Tea products are mostly gone. The card keys are either green or a mauve color (no more Play Well, Work Well, etc.).

The whales are entertaining :cool: .

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
During our Encore stay at WKOR back in early February this is what we were offered: “The Thank-you gift options for attending the presentation are 30,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points, $150 Resort Credit, 2 Free tickets to a whale watch or sunset sail (Teralani, Gemini, Pacwhale) or B1G1 Helicopter tour to Molokai voyage.” YMMV.
With an Encore stay, isn't your "gift" predetermined by what your Encore Package says it will be? Given that the presentation for an Encore stay is mandatory, I don't think they gift you anything beyond what the terms of the package require them to give you.

Regardless — it seems like the value of the "gifts" has diminished significantly since Marriott took over. Used to get $300+ or up to 50,000 Bonvoy points, but now I mostly see $150 or 25K points. Maybe it still varies a lot.

The Encore Package "gifts" are still often better than that, but you're essentially paying for those.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't need another bag, but it's annoying that they are so cheap on the bags (wish they would give out something besides bags anyway).
The quality of the bags is so low now anyway, they've been like the throwaway reusable grocery bags at best. They used to actually be nice bags. Luckily I have a lot from the past.

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
With an Encore stay, isn't your "gift" predetermined by what your Encore Package says it will be? Given that the presentation for an Encore stay is mandatory, I don't think they gift you anything beyond what the terms of the package require them to give you.

Regardless — it seems like the value of the "gifts" has diminished significantly since Marriott took over. Used to get $300+ or up to 50,000 Bonvoy points, but now I mostly see $150 or 25K points. Maybe it still varies a lot.

The Encore Package "gifts" are still often better than that, but you're essentially paying for those.
daviator, you are correct. We had actually traded in an EOYE contract on an annual contract last summer at SBP, the Encore cost was applied, and we earned the agreed upon (per Encore agreement paperwork) 100,000 Bonvoy Points. So during the February Encore trip this year we were not obligated to do an update, but still got an offer to do one via email. We agreed only if we could do it at 10:15am the morning we checked out (we had a night flight) and they set it up that way. We were out in just under 90 minutes.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
I kept refusing and finally got a “plea” from Concierge telling me her manager said I could attend a meeting for 60 minutes.

Now when I don’t want to be bothered I initially tell them I just did an update 2 months ago.

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
We got a bag this time and it was a heavy canvas bag, cream colored with hunter green trim, and Westin Vacation Club printed on it. Actually a nice, useful, quality bag, 13” tall x19” wide x6” thick.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We got a bag this time and it was a heavy canvas bag, cream colored with hunter green trim, and Westin Vacation Club printed on it. Actually a nice, useful, quality bag, 13” tall x19” wide x6” thick.
Wow, all the bags I've been offered in the past 3-4 years have been really thin, nylon-y fabric bags with no pockets or anything, just a cheap zipper on the top. Like a grocery bag with a cheap zipper. It would be nice if they're going back to something of better quality, I'll cross my fingers!

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
When they first opened we got a hat.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score

Mystery Solved. Nothing looks too enticing.

Attachments

• Westin Timeshare Tour Gifts.jpg
    Westin Timeshare Tour Gifts.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 97

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Wow, all the bags I've been offered in the past 3-4 years have been really thin, nylon-y fabric bags with no pockets or anything, just a cheap zipper on the top. Like a grocery bag with a cheap zipper. It would be nice if they're going back to something of better quality, I'll cross my fingers!
Me too. The bag they gave us last week is not worth more than about $6. I do love the Westin logo. I have several of them. I especially liked the one that was canvas and kind of a beige with different kind of fabric that was a bit darker brown.

grrrah

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
SVV - Key West
I just had a 75-minute presentation in Florida. I didn't get the "closer that comes in and offer an Encore package, so maybe that's it if they are including that. Be interesting to hear if others had the last closer guy during a a 75-minute. But I was pretty straight forward and was out in 59 minutes.

Yes, this is exactly how it went down and what we were told at our update in February. We had to leave WKOR and go to Nanea because we were existing owners, and only new customers meet with sales at WKOR. We were also told legacy products would no longer be available for sale to existing owners after 3/31/2023 (sales guy, mouth open and moving, so who knows).
But what you said is the opposite of Henry in that he said weeks only available to existing owners. But as you said, salesperson's mouth is moving. I highly doubt they would turn down $70k from someone if they have that product available to sell.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
We did not do a presentation. After we checked in, we went over to the concierge and they gave us a canvas bag. Ours has black trim. We have several of the nylon ones, and a couple of the canvas ones, which mostly we use to carry towels to the beach, but have not found a use for them after we get home.728A6A7D-02B1-43D3-943E-EEF46F91182A.jpeg

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas x2
I've seen people selling them on ebay for some reason.. lol

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
They are fairly well made and durable though. If you ever see anyone toting groceries from Star Market to WKORVN along the boardwalk like a mule with a series of 'Westin bags through the ages' then that's probably me as we always take a selection with us just for that purpose :D

Last edited: