• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner update at Westin Ka'anapali and what they offered to bring SBP into the system

Mushed

Reaction score
No need to feel offended. If you were on the other side of the desk you would be pushing the financing also. Last I checked Vistana charged 14.9% on mortgage financing!

I think I have a bit of my mom’s weird feelings about money! Lol. They didn’t know a) I’m a shark about finances and would never pay that kind of rate and b) I’ve been very well-educated by TUG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mushed

Reaction score
I’m glad you survived the presentation. While I was talking to you this morning, my wife signed us up for the Owners update on Monday.

Lol good luck! The two year old helped We were done in about 45 minutes.

Mushed

Reaction score
What are they offering at WKORV now? In March we got $200 visa gift cards.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

We got 20k Bonvoy points, but I probably should have played hard to get at first.

Mushed

Reaction score
You did well. I prefer Ocean View at South over Ocean View at North if given a choice. The ocean views at North are on the far north side of the complex (no pool view--mostly views of the empty lot between North and Nanea, with a very distant water view, due to the angle of the building), and are set pretty far back. Many of the ocean views at south have a pleasant view across the pool to the ocean.

I’m so glad to hear this! We’ve stayed at the North in OV twice, including this trip, but haven’t been there in the South yet. I’ve already got spring break 2022 booked there, so I’m thrilled!

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
I’m so glad to hear this! We’ve stayed at the North in OV twice, including this trip, but haven’t been there in the South yet. I’ve already got spring break 2022 booked there, so I’m thrilled!

I own North and South OV, and prefer South, I haven't actually stayed at North in years. The only weird thing with South is the weird way they did the lockoffs — with two doors you have to go through to get into your unit, and the chance that your neighbor could lock you out if they were stupid or careless. In almost 20 years that's never happened, but I always think about it for some reason.

Starwood bought WKORV South after construction had started, from another company, and so they didn't design the project, which is probably why it has a couple of quirks. But I like the rooms and ocean views better than North.