• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner Services say 'sorry but we can't do anything for you'

booklvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own a 2 bdrm lockoff at the Sheraton Vistana. Arrived yesterday and was told that the smaller side of the lockoff wasn't available. Their system didn't show that we had a lockoff unit. It showed that we had 2 separate 1 bdrm units booked for this same week. So we could have 2 separate units but not together.

It's just my husband and I and we sleep separately. We still want to be in the same unit though... using the lockoff with doors between open so we're still together but have our own bed and bath.

A separate unit elsewhere in the building is not going to work. So we called owner services. Here's how a 60 minute conversation went:

Me: explain the problem and ask for the week attached to the smaller lockoff side be credited back to our account,

OS: see that's too bad. Since its past check in we can't do anything.

ME: but we checked in last night and only knew of the error when we got here. It's not possible to have dealt with it prior to check in.

OS: oh... but you should have called and asked for a lockoff when you made the reservation. It's your mistake because you incorrectly booked it.

ME: I booked online. No where does it say that I have to call and confirm that I'm getting a lockoff - which is what I own so would logically assume that's what we'd get. The online system only allows guests to bok each side separately but it clearly shows that I own a lockoff.

OS: oh... that's too bad but since it's past check in time we cant help you.

ME: (bewildered), but how could we have known about this prior to check in?

Repeat the OS side and my side over and over for about 50 minutes. ....

ME: okay... do you understand that I feel ripped off? I paid maintenance fees for a 2bdrm lockoff and now not going to get that... so I'm out bother the money and the room. How could I ever trust another reservation in the future? You are about to lose a good-paying owner. I'll toss this ownership, which I bought for $1, four years ago. We are faithful clients. You're ready to lose us?

OS: Sorry but the rules don't come out in your favor for this. You should go back to the front desk and see what they can so for you.

ME: ....uh....okay. the Hilton is looking better and better but, sure. I'll do that.

Then I called the front desk and guess what they said? Only owner services can reinstate that week. Aaaaaaaaarrrrgggggg!
The resort will contact the Resolution Team for me tomorrow and see what they can do since OS did nothing.

Have you ever hear of this??? Am I the only one who thinks this is nuts?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The system probably only let you book two sides separately because that was all that was available when you booked. If there had been a 2 bedroom lockoff unit available that would have shown up and that is what you needed to book. I own lock offs and unless I book it as a single unit I would expect 2 separate units. I could call as soon as I booked and see if they could put them together but without the confirmation for a single unit all that can be done is try to get them close or together without a guarantee.

You would have the same problem with Hilton. If you booked your lock off as two separate units because no 2br lockoff showed in availability, I wouldn't automatically expect that I would be given a single lock off unit.

booklvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tschwa2, does it say that somewhere on the website booking system? From what I see it only gives the 2 separate units to book but there isn't anyplace that asks if I want a lockoff or not.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
What exactly did you book and when did you book it? Did you book two separate units in your home resort priority, 12-8 months in advance? Or did you use StarOptions and book inside the 8 month window? If you did use StarOptions, how many did you use for each unit?

Had you booked a 2BR unit, you would have been put in a 2BR unit. It seems you locked off and booked each side separately? Any time you do that, there is no guaranty you will get the resort to put the units back together. If you want them to try, you have to do that via a villa request and request the units together, usually a few weeks in advance of checkin.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
When I go to the dashboard reservations, it will show all available units and let you know what type they are.

I don't own at SVR but my home resort reservations look similar. If you want to limit it so you can only see 2 br you can select that drop down. Take a look at exactly 12 months from now and see what you see. Below is 12 months for me at SVR but the window isn't open because I don't own there.

SHERATON VISTANA RESORT
ORLANDO, FLORIDA

Check-in: Fri, April 20, 2018

Check-out: Fri, April 27, 2018, 7 nights stay

Villa Type: 2 Bedroom Lockoff Villa

Max. Occupancy 8

RESERVATION WINDOW: OPEN 08/20/17
REQUIRED STAROPTIONS: 95,700

5x5-clear.png

SHERATON VISTANA RESORT
ORLANDO, FLORIDA

Villa Type: 2 Bedroom Villa

Max. Occupancy 8

REQUIRED STAROPTIONS: 81,000

RESERVATION DETAILS
5x5-clear.png

SHERATON VISTANA RESORT
ORLANDO, FLORIDA

Villa Type: 2 Bedroom Villa

Max. Occupancy 6

Low Availability

REQUIRED STAROPTIONS: 81,000

5x5-clear.png

SHERATON VISTANA RESORT
ORLANDO, FLORIDA

Villa Type: 1 Bedroom Premium Villa

Max. Occupancy 4

REQUIRED STAROPTIONS: 51,700

SHERATON VISTANA RESORT
ORLANDO, FLORIDA

Villa Type: 1 Bedroom Premium Villa

Max. Occupancy 4

REQUIRED STAROPTIONS: 51,700

RESERVATION DETAILS
5x5-clear.png

SHERATON VISTANA RESORT
ORLANDO, FLORIDA

Villa Type: 1 Bedroom Villa

Max. Occupancy 4

REQUIRED STAROPTIONS: 44,000

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
Your best bet is with the front desk. They control the inventory at check in and are the only ones that can find a lock off for you at this stage. They should be sympathetic to your cause if you explain the situation to them. No one would like to see a couple split up for their vacation, its an innocent mistake. You should also let them know that you are prepared to move anytime this week.

Its a stretch, but maybe you could ask them to check availability at the other Vistana property, perhaps something could be done.

Markus

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
booklvr - unfortunately you are mistaken about how this works. If you book two separate units, on separate confirmations, you will be given 2 separate units. It sounds like the resort provided the reservations that you made - two one-bedroom units.

To get a 2 bedroom lock-off - you must book a 2 bedroom lock-off on one confirmation.

booklvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own a deeded week rather than points.

Thanks for the info everyone. I went back to the booking page and now I see where I should have clicked a 2 bdrm. In the past we've used the lockoff as 2 weeks, one after the other so the booking process was to book each side. This is the first time we were trying to use the 2 sides together and apparently I misunderstood how to do that. I was thrown because the options just say 2 bdrm and not 2 bdrm lockoff.

This is all I needed for OS to tell me. The guy on the phone couldn't explain where the error in booking happened because he didn't know the system. He offered to have an IT person call me.

Anyway, the whole thing was confusing. I appreciate the info from you all. I knew that if I posted on tug I would get useful info. Better than OS, for sure!