• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner Priority for Grand Desert or others dates not updating on site? Glitch?

obi460

Reaction score
I noticed recently that the Owner Priority dates for Wyndham Grand Desert have updated and almost all of them have been removed. There are now just a few weekends through the rest of the year that are Owner Priority (Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day weekends), when just about all weekends during the summer had initially been in the Owner Priority list. However, the website still seems to be counting everything as blackout reservations. I made two reservations for guests during these times that are no longer on the Priority list, but now if I try to book another Grand Desert reservation that includes a holiday weekend, it says I've already used my two that can be for guests.

Has anyone else noticed this or know if the website will update with this information eventually?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
If you put guest names on two reservations before the change to the owner priority list dates they counted as your two. It's not retroactive.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I noticed recently that the Owner Priority dates for Wyndham Grand Desert have updated and almost all of them have been removed. There are now just a few weekends through the rest of the year that are Owner Priority (Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day weekends), when just about all weekends during the summer had initially been in the Owner Priority list. However, the website still seems to be counting everything as blackout reservations. I made two reservations for guests during these times that are no longer on the Priority list, but now if I try to book another Grand Desert reservation that includes a holiday weekend, it says I've already used my two that can be for guests.

Has anyone else noticed this or know if the website will update with this information eventually?
That's a bummer. I would probably try to call and talk to Owner Services. Preferably not someone in the Phillipines. Try and escalate to someone helpful (good luck).

I had a couple erroneously counted against my 2 exceptions. An owner was checked in and the reservations overlapped, thus shouldn't have counted as an exception. I was able to point out the suspect erroroneously counted ones, owner resolution confirmed I was correct and credited me back my 2 exceptions.

Different scenario for me, but I would think they might credit yours back, seems to me like they should.

Another reason not to put GC's on any sooner than you absolutely have to :-(

Good luck!

Another comment about this - too bad no date on the Owner Priority dates documention (such as last updated :)).

Reaction score
I saw same issues posted on Facebook last week. Grand Desert being counted, although has been removed from the list. Glacier being counted when owner had a reservation as well.

obi460

Reaction score
If you put guest names on two reservations before the change to the owner priority list dates they counted as your two. It's not retroactive.

I actually did wait until just yesterday to add the guest name to the two upcoming reservations. Then when I went to book a third Grand Desert reservation, the message came up during booking that I had already used my two exceptions and that this would have to remain in the owner's name. So it seems to be a website issue that it does not have the correct dates updated internally.

That's a bummer. I would probably try to call and talk to Owner Services. Preferably not someone in the Phillipines. Try and escalate to someone helpful (good luck).

I had a couple erroneously counted against my 2 exceptions. An owner was checked in and the reservations overlapped, thus shouldn't have counted as an exception. I was able to point out the suspect erroroneously counted ones, owner resolution confirmed I was correct and credited me back my 2 exceptions.

Different scenario for me, but I would think they might credit yours back, seems to me like they should.

Another reason not to put GC's on any sooner than you absolutely have to :-(

Good luck!

Another comment about this - too bad no date on the Owner Priority dates documention (such as last updated :)).

Yes, I will have to call them up. But it will probably be an issue for them that starts to come up a lot more regularly if it remains a website problem. Hopefully they can credit that back but maybe if it happens enough, they'll be more incentivized to fix it. I did wait until just yesterday to add the guest name. Usually I'll wait a little longer but now that those dates I was adding to were no longer priority, I thought it was safe.

I saw same issues posted on Facebook last week. Grand Desert being counted, although has been removed from the list. Glacier being counted when owner had a reservation as well.

Huh, I didn't know that the Glacier dates had also changed.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I would definitely be calling if it were me. The latter is my same situation and owner resolution was able to credit me while we were on the phone. This seems michael.brown@wyn.com worthy to me - clarification of the policy for the good of all! Who want to email Michael Brown? :)