• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner Name appears twice on Wyndham Portal: With and Without Middle Initial

Worker

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Owner Name appears twice on Wyndham Portal: With and Without Middle Initial. Would Wyndham website allow me 2 reservations on same dates at same resort, without cancelling the other?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I assume so, as the computer has you listed as two different entries. Behinds the scenes there is likely a key for that record and each name has a different key, so the system is checking if the keys are duplicate NOT the names.

They have me in with multiple variations in my name and I book and hold two items all the time that way, but I do add a real guest as I get closer to check in.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
My Owner Name appears twice on Wyndham Portal: With and Without Middle Initial. Would Wyndham website allow me 2 reservations on same dates at same resort, without cancelling the other?

Not any more!!!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

Worker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well to make this situation clear, I will do this and update everyone. This coming week.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
How did you come to this conclusion?

My thought was that Wyndham reads these boards and might take corrective action when someone says they are doing something might take advantage of a glitch or oversight.

I didn't make the point very well, it seems.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
I've told this story before in this forum. I bought 4 resale contracts. Wyndham registered them all with 3 different middle initials. This is hilarious for one big reason. All my life I've never use my middle initial, except on government documents where it's required. So they invented a couple of different middle initials for me. Go figure.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
I have my name with and without a middle initial. That's nothing new. However, I also have a son who is a junior. Wyndham has not included the junior on a second name without a middle initial. So, I have three names in my account, two without the middle initial and one with the initial. All three seem to be usable for holding reservations.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
My family members and myself are listed several different way under the owners section. I’ve taken full advantage of that in the past when booking reservations.

I agree with Jim that Wyndham employees do read this board.

I also agree with Sandy about the shit show that is going on with the reservation system and guest confirmations.

Everytime I even think about it I want to pull someone’s hair out. Who and how in the Wyndham organization can make policy changes that affect so many and make them effective the day they are posted. I still have not received any email notification about the new Guest confirmation policies.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
My family members and myself are listed several different way under the owners section. I’ve taken full advantage of that in the past when booking reservations.

I agree with Jim that Wyndham employees do read this board.

I also agree with Sandy about the shit show that is going on with the reservation system and guest confirmations.

Everytime I even think about it I want to pull someone’s hair out. Who and how in the Wyndham organization can make policy changes that affect so many and make them effective the day they are posted. I still have not received any email notification about the new Guest confirmation policies.
Could the emails be going to any of the fictitious names?

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Silly goose the name aren’t fictitious, only different spellings or combinations of initials. All emails go to same email address.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
The email that such communications are supposed to be coming to is the one at the very bottom of the “my ownership” tab, under “point of contact.” There are also email addresses for each owner with a login that appear under “account settings” or “view or edit account” on the main dashboard - these can be edited by the user but they don’t affect where the critical emails are sent. I know some people have indicated that they’re not receiving emails even at the point of contact address, and obviously I don’t know why not, but that’s the only address that matters.

I’ll take this opportunity to once again assert that Wyndham should be sending these emails to every owner that has an individual login and not just one point of contact per account. If each owner is equally responsible for the account and equally able to book reservations, they should all be sent these messages that could affect any reservation they make. It’s ridiculous.