• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner “UPDATE” at St George

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Mountainside, Worldmark, Ridge Tahoe
We just did the owner update at St. George. I would have to say that it was the hardest NON sales UPDATE I have ever had the displeasure to attend.
He did try to get us to see the “VALUE” in spending just $40,000. If we parted with that menial sum we would be able to travel the world in style just using our credits. He explained that he is going to Maui next week and he will stay at the Marriott, fly and get his rental car for just 12,000 credits.

both the first guy, I’ll call him the “warmer up” and the “presenter” explained that they too were also Worldmark owners and only started working for Worldmark after having been an owner for one year. I think I’ve heard that from every timeshare sales rep i have ever had the displeasure to meet.

But back to this guy. He said he had 12,000 credits. Thats interesting because you have to buy 10,000 credits to be part of the new system?

He also said that the new system could be transferred to a new owner and that they would have all the same access that I would have. I explained that all other systems, limit access and charge about 1/2 of what a new credit costs to transfer. He assured me that wasn’t the case.

He also said if we have credits we wont use we can give the back and they would credit our account for the unused credits. I think they said that since I attended the presentation I have that now.

His head almost snapped off when I told him about the other timeshares I own. He said I could deposit the weeks with ravel & Leisure. A 2 bedroom would be worth 8,000 credits, but units with lockoffs count as 2 units at 7,000 credits each. This is when my hour was up and I left. He whined there was just a little more and I would miss the best part. What a shame I missed the best part! I guess I will have something to look forward to the next time, THERE WONT BE A NEXT TIME!!!

I still haven’t received my gift yet, they say it will be emailed to me. What’s the delay?

I know I don’t have to say this, but NOTHING WAS IN WRITING!

Thanks for listening.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
St George is one of the worst in WM and that is saying something. Aggressive and abusive. The guy chased me out into the parking lot and started yelling at me for refusing the update. I had a chat with the manager, which doesn't do much good with Wyndham, where sales is king, but at least got me checked in at my next stay without any sales contact.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Thanks for the heads up. I have never said at WM St G as an owner, only ever exchanged in. Now that I own WM I assuming it will be a harder press.

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The only reason we did, the presentation was that things had changed, and we wanted to see what they had to say. They did say that we will have access to Wyndham inventory like the travel share people going forward. He didn’t say how much it would cost to do that probably $50 or $100.

The maintenance fee offset program is if you aren’t going to use your credits you can give them back to offset your dues sounds interesting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 32

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I finally got the $100, but it a digital Mastercard. What a PAIN IN THE A$$

barco13

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Sort of side topic, but I always just purchase the exact Amazon Gift Card amount for those Visa/Mastercard Digital cards.

JONC777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham 500000
bluegreen
Kahana Beach Club
Sands at Kahana
Westin Lagunamar 2BRLO FLOAT
Tree Tops Gatlinburg ( 1 BR and 2BR)

I just apply the whole thing to a utility bill and move on

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I think Tuggers should commit to stop using the phrase "Owner Update." I know this is what the sales office uses, but it seems we are somewhat complicit/enablers to continue to use this phrase. We all know that it is a completely misleading description of a (usually hard core) sales pitch.

I think a lot of people like to use the phrase because they feel guilty (they should not be) for going to a sales meeting and accepting the bribe with less than zero chance of ever buying. By stating they went on an update it makes them feel better about taking the bribe.

In the end we all know that it is a sales meeting, and should not continue to perpetuate the sales lie that it is materially an update, informational, or in any way benefits the attendee beyond the bribe.

barco13

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I think Tuggers should commit to stop using the phrase "Owner Update." I know this is what the sales office uses, but it seems we are somewhat complicit/enablers to continue to use this phrase. We all know that it is a completely misleading description of a (usually hard core) sales pitch.

I think a lot of people like to use the phrase because they feel guilty (they should not be) for going to a sales meeting and accepting the bribe with less than zero chance of ever buying. By stating they went on an update it makes them feel better about taking the bribe.

In the end we all know that it is a sales meeting, and should not continue to perpetuate the sales lie that it is materially an update, informational, or in any way benefits the attendee beyond the bribe.
Fair point. I do feel like there may be a segment of Owners that are not on TUG that may take the Concierge/Salesperson at their word that is an update though. I never feel guilty about attending though as I rarely attend and when I do it is always after continual pestering/offer increases with me noting that I have no interest in purchasing additional credits whatsoever.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Some times it seems to make sense to give up 90 minutes for a WM presentation. We had a bunch of extra vehicles last year at Seaside last summer so friends and family could join us. They gave us six extra parking passes so we ended up with nine total. They also gave us 2000 one time use credits. It took about 45 minutes to disqualify us from what ever they were selling. It wasn't aggressive at all.

Using bonus time in California for one night the reservation desk wanted us to speak to the Wyndham rep. I told her I just wanted our key. She insisted that I need to speak to the Wyndham rep and I told her no and to get my key and car pass please. The Wyndham rep came over to the reception desk and started with his spheal and I told him I didn't have time to talk to him. That guy just wouldn't shut up.

Bill

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sort of side topic, but I always just purchase the exact Amazon Gift Card amount for those Visa/Mastercard Digital cards.
when i went to use it on Amazon they thought it was fraud. They locked my account and made me get a new password. I’ve tried to use it another time and it was refused there as well.